Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2024, 14:46   #3841
BHPian

Re: The Home Theater thread

Thanks Guys,
So We ended up repairing the IC of subwoofer again for 10k. And its working perfectly fine as of now.
But got to demo a few soundbar systems and enjoyed it. My dad liked the idea of Jbl Bar 800 and 1000 pro with detachable surround speakers and almost finalised it as Bose and Sonos were very very expensive.
Sony A9 looks different but promising if it can give excellent sound with those bulky speakers.
With Bose I think after 5-6 years they start to give problems. I have Lifestyle V35 and Lifestyle T20 system. Both have been repaired multiple times. One system was bought in US and other in India. Not sure how long other brands last. But since we are happy with the clarity and neutral sound of Bose, we decided to repair it for one last time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdhikR View Post
I'd recommend going with Sonos.

If you're buying it in India, and have a smaller room you can start with the Beam soundbar and two Era 100 surrounds. Would set you back about Rs. 1 lakh. You can add a Sub Mini later on.

If you're buying from the U.S., you should get the whole set for a little over Rs. 1L.

If it's a larger room, get the Arc soundbar first and then expand as you feel the need to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke View Post
Bose Soundbar 900 with rear surrounds & sub was almost booked from my end but I read on some forums about reliability issues with Bose. Then I went ahead with Sony A9 with SW5 sub for 1.3L with some cooperate discount. It's a great replacement & I recommend you the same.
sagpatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2024, 15:00   #3842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahman View Post
What reliability issues? I've had the Soundbar 900 + BassModule 700 combo since they launched the 900 here and I've had zero issues so far. Just need to add the surrounds but dont feel the need for it yet
Circuit issues with sub. Good for you if no issues are there - add rear surrounds, they will upscale the game altogether.
SilverSmoke is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2024, 12:19   #3843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke View Post
Circuit issues with sub. Good for you if no issues are there - add rear surrounds, they will upscale the game altogether.
Mine was repaired twice for both V35 and T20. Both use same sub.
sagpatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2024, 12:27   #3844
Distinguished - BHPian

I picked up a zebronics 5.1, and not being an audiophile it suits my purpose just fine. My primary criteria was satellites, which this fulfilled within budget.
Its a decent sounding systems, but I face an issue of disconnection.

The system is connected via HDMI ARC, and when the TV goes to screensaver/standby, it doesn't connect back up when the TV is turned back on. I mean, the sound bar remains on, but doesn't give any output. It has to be toggled on and off. Otherwise it works perfectly fine, and doesn't ever disconnect during use.

Can anyone explain why this happens, and how to fix it?
The TV is a oneplus, if that helps.
Old 17th April 2024, 07:15   #3845
Senior - BHPian

Help: Connecting DTH STB > 5.1 HT > TV

My existing 2.1 HT system giving trouble so I am interested in connecting other HT which was used for another TV (now idling) and for that I need some assistance.

Connection needed from TATA Play STB to Samsun HD TV and then to Sony Blu-Ray Home theatre 5.1 system.

How the connection is to set up?

From some searches, I got a solution like:

STB HDMI OUT > Sony HT HDMI IN
Sony HT HDMI OUT > TV HDMI IN (which supports ARC)

Guys do you think the above setup will work and if not, what are other alternatives?

Await your comments
Old 18th April 2024, 09:44   #3846
Senior - BHPian

Update:

Since no comments from any members, I tried to fix myself as under:

I tried the way as pointed out by me in my above post, but it didn't work because Sony HT AV receiver not equipped with an HDMI IN port.

Again, did some YouTube searches and finally tried using an RCA cable connecting Red & white to Tata Play STB and then the other end of the cable to HT AV receiver and now everything working fine.
nairrk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks