Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2009, 14:03   #706
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haril View Post
You are welcome Nishant. Yes, it does play divx files through the USB. I connect my 250 GB (powerless) Harddisk to it and it works like a charm. I am not too sure about the bitrate.. all my MP3s that I have played are mostly 128 or 192 Kbps.

This is the only Philips system I auditioned since I was looking for all tall boy speakers. I payed 21,990 at Reliance Digital. He threw a free HDMI cable with it (not a branded one).

It does a decent job of upscaling to 720p (I have a HD Ready Plasma). I guess if I use a higher quality HDMI cable, like the ones from Panasonic, the picture will improve drastically.

Cheers
Hari
You have made my day Hari.

The icing on the cake was your phrase "I connect my 250 GB (powerless) Harddisk to it and it works like a charm". That makes things easy for me.

Will audition this ASAP. Let me see a workaround to play 320 kbps encoded MP3s in this.

Any other 'higher' brands (JBL/HK/Denon/Yamaha) at similar price points?
Old 10th February 2009, 14:43   #707
BHPian

connecting a 250gb hard disk to a usb in a dvd player will work if it is fat32 formatted, right? I don't think dvd players have it in them to read ntfs yet.
Old 10th February 2009, 14:44   #708
BHPian

Try YSP 4000. I just got it for my appt. and is value for money!
Old 10th February 2009, 15:06   #709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
connecting a 250gb hard disk to a usb in a dvd player will work if it is fat32 formatted, right? I don't think dvd players have it in them to read ntfs yet.
Formatting a 250gb in fat32 is a pain in windows XP, cause it will not allow you to create a partition that is > 32gb.
So you will have to use some third party tool like partition magic. Otherwise you will end up with a large number of partitions.
Old 10th February 2009, 15:35   #710
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Hi guys,

I am looking to buy a Home Theater system, preferably under 20k. I guess the budget kind of restricts me to a Home-Theater-In-a-Box solution?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhandle View Post
Try YSP 4000. I just got it for my appt. and is value for money!
As per this link, YSP 4000 costs USD 1,800 i.e. INR 90k. That makes it 4.5x my budget.
Old 10th February 2009, 18:38   #711
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
As per this link, YSP 4000 costs USD 1,800 i.e. INR 90k. That makes it 4.5x my budget.
Looks like acronym "value for money" itself has lost it's value!
Old 10th February 2009, 19:07   #712
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guha_2001 View Post
I would second haril

I have the 3569 system at home. Its an amazing VFM system. Everything sounds fantastic.....audio CDs, DVDs, Divx, MP3. And yes it can play .avi stuff you download from torrents through the USB port. As an icing on the cake u get 4 floorstanding wooden speakers which look great
Quote:
Originally Posted by haril View Post
You are welcome Nishant. Yes, it does play divx files through the USB. I connect my 250 GB (powerless) Harddisk to it and it works like a charm. I am not too sure about the bitrate.. all my MP3s that I have played are mostly 128 or 192 Kbps.
Cheers
Hari
thanks Haril and Guha. i visited the website and i could find out that the speakers are 1000w rms. is this true? What if the player conks off/upgraded with blu ray etc? can we still replace the player and continue?
Old 11th February 2009, 10:50   #713
BHPian

Has anybody tried "PURE ACOUSTICS" speakers.Seem to be a new company from New York.Their Junior series along with Denon Amp and Denon DVD player is being offered for a reasonable price. But i need to get some ownership experience of the speakers.
Old 11th February 2009, 11:50   #714

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
Yes, thats right the disk has to be in FAT32 format for the DVD player to read. Dont worry about formatting it, etc., when you buy it it comes as a FAT32 formatted disk but with just one big partition which is not an issue.

Cheers
Hari
Old 14th February 2009, 02:00   #715
Senior - BHPian

how much the power regulators and conditioners important in your setup folks!!
I went thru some Monster surge protection and conditioners (HTS 800 - one guy in Bangalore has got this one) and some Line-R from APC that is LE600i and LE1200i AVRs..

I was really worrying about all the devices I have hooked up and the quality of power we have in our area (power goes down at least around 7-10 times a week)..

I have heard about servo stabs (vertex) sometime back ,, but yet to find out more details on that. Your suggestions are welcome on this.
Old 18th February 2009, 22:31   #716
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
thanks Haril and Guha. i visited the website and i could find out that the speakers are 1000w rms. is this true? What if the player conks off/upgraded with blu ray etc? can we still replace the player and continue?
Yes the claimed output is 1000 RMS. The system is seriously loud, so I wouldnt doubt that figure. Playing a DVD at level 12 (max is 40) is enough to make the furniture shake and windows vibrate

The player/amplifier connects directly to the speakers. So if it has any issues, then its going to be a big problem. The system has a digital input (coaxial i think), so in case of a problem with the player one should be able to connect an external player I guess. Same goes for a blu ray player
Old 18th February 2009, 22:37   #717
BHPian

I have an issue with the DVD player of my Philips 3569 system, would be great if someone can help

For some reason the DVD region is set to 3 in the factory. Which means indian region DVDs (region 5) dont play . Anyone knows how to change the region setting on the player?

Thanks!
Old 19th February 2009, 11:01   #718
BHPian

Do a google search for region hack, mentioning the model number. You should be able to find the steps and it usually is series key presses that unlocks the region lock and allows the player play all dvds
Old 3rd March 2009, 17:45   #719
BHPian

after getting fantastic response from the TeamBHP junta, one component of my "would be" HT system is more or less complete. I opted for the Panasonic 42PV80D (maybe could have opted for a bigger screen size but they were not available in Pune). And it is one amazing system and can beat out the Sony 40 series V LCD any time (though i would have liked a lot more options in the menu though the panny people kept it simple....sweet)

Anyway that out I was searching for a component HT system in Pune. This looked so out of place (i am new here) - no one stocks good HT component systems. Went to Chroma and Vijay Sales - all they had to offer were Yamaha YHT 195 (a lowerst end spec in the US) and a HT 6130 receivr (again lowly). The prices offered were 19k for the AV receiver and 24k for the system (open to negoltations at Vijay sales from where i bought the plasma).

Now i also checked out a JBL showroom at MG road for Harman Kardon and got a review of AVR 133/155 for 18k and 30k. The AVR 133 sounded weak while the avr 155 paired with HK speakers were decent (for 70k - i do not remember the speaker model).

Now i failed to get a demo of Onkyo or Denon here in Pune. Plus prices are so jacked up here.

Yamaha Y\HT 6130 ($200 vs Rs19,000)
HK AVR 155 ($419 vs Rs 30,000)

My budget is 50K for the HT system excluding the PS3/Blueray player that comes later. Also the speakers can be upgraded but the AVhas to be good.

Any ideas guys? I need help here.

I have a 15x12 room (i will shift next year to a bigger room) and tastes are mostly soft numbers in English and Classical. An dyes while it comes to movies "the effects" have to be good.

Please please please help Gurus
Old 3rd March 2009, 17:47   #720
Team-BHP Support

Supra,

You can gain some valuable info here

www.hifivision.com/forums

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks