Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2019, 18:40   #3196
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Home Theater thread

Looking for a decent sound bar, both for the bed room and the hall. Hall will have the set top box while the inside room will only have the fire stick, and games. Can you suggest options please? Budget is around 50k for both the bars. Thank you
Old 14th January 2019, 12:34   #3197
BHPian

Want to clean up my living room, so want to get rid of the Onkyo receiver, bookshelf speakers and the huge subwoofer, and replace with a decent soundbar. Trouble is, I had not been able to find a soundbar that is good with music.

Is there any sound bar out there that excels in music?
Old 14th January 2019, 12:49   #3198
Senior - BHPian

Bose soundbars are very good. I trust them since they have always excelled in these small speaker units. Check out the Bose Soundbar 700 with the Bass Module 700 and the surround speakers. I had the Yamaha YSP 900 for some time, and that was good too. In India they don't have the best/full range on offer, so source it from abroad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
Want to clean up my living room, so want to get rid of the Onkyo receiver, bookshelf speakers and the huge subwoofer, and replace with a decent soundbar. Trouble is, I had not been able to find a soundbar that is good with music.

Old 14th January 2019, 12:50   #3199
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrutmhatre90 View Post
With Line-In both your TV speakers and Soundbar speakers will be powered, ie. both speakers will be on and transmitting sound individually, to change volume TV speakers will use TV remote and soundbar will use its own. Its too irritating at times.

Better option is Aux in this case, your tv can control volume and TV speakers are off.
Thanks.

If I use a 3.5mm to 2-Male RCA Adapter and connect it to the Line-In, will it sound better than connecting directly the 3.5mm ports using a stereo cable?

Last edited by mithun : 14th January 2019 at 12:52.
Old 14th January 2019, 13:36   #3200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Thanks.

If I use a 3.5mm to 2-Male RCA Adapter and connect it to the Line-In, will it sound better than connecting directly the 3.5mm ports using a stereo cable?
Nope, it won't be better. It will be too much of a hassle.
Old 14th January 2019, 20:40   #3201
BHPian

Re: FM Receiver to hook up to Amp?

Please suggest a decent FM Receiver to hook up to my 'FX Audio' D802c amplifier. During the day would like to use my pioneer speakers which are connected to the amp to play FM stations.

I am looking for something with car FM player form factor which can belt out distortion free FM reception and also comes with preset station memory.

Please suggest!
Old 14th January 2019, 21:12   #3202
Senior - BHPian

Look up the Micro audio systems from Denon. They have tiny form factor and sound great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Please suggest a decent FM Receiver to hook up to my 'FX Audio' D802c amplifier.
Old 2nd February 2019, 21:17   #3203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

If you want a one box solution that does surround audio too, only Yamaha YSP (sound projector line) does it. Not exactly one box, since these beam steering sound bars need a sub to operate full range, with the exception of the top line model which has Dolby Atmos too.

Denon HEOS soundbar sounds mind blowing. This is full range and has reasonable bass without a sub. Wireless surround option available.

If you don’t care about surround sound the Monitor audio ASB 10 is a crisp sounding unit.
Old 4th February 2019, 11:04   #3204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Look up the Micro audio systems from Denon. They have tiny form factor and sound great.
Any indian brands? I am with a budget of around 2K for an FM stereo receiver which has an 'Aux' out.
Old 17th February 2019, 11:11   #3205
BHPian

My 2 year old Marantz PM6006 Stereo Amplifier developed a snag recently. The unit enters protection mode (status light flashing red) after playing for 10 minutes. I checked online and got to know this symptom is common among Marantz amplifiers. Have given it for service at the authorized service center in Bangalore and waiting for diagnostic results.

Anyone here faced similar issues?
Old 7th March 2019, 22:09   #3206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maibaa View Post
My 2 year old Marantz PM6006 Stereo Amplifier developed a snag recently. The unit enters protection mode (status light flashing red) after playing for 10 minutes. I checked online and got to know this symptom is common among Marantz amplifiers. Have given it for service at the authorized service center in Bangalore and waiting for diagnostic results.

Anyone here faced similar issues?

Faced the same issue on my Pioneer VSX-917 AV receiver after almost 10 years of use. Same problem, protection mode and blue power LED flashes. Unfortunately, for me the part wasn't available anywhere as they had stopped shipping this model. I was actually planning to get a new AV receiver for some time now with Bluetooth/WiFi and decided to go in for the kill. Got home a new Yamaha RX-V685, and boy it blew me away.
Old 8th March 2019, 09:01   #3207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
W Trouble is, I had not been able to find a soundbar that is good with music.
You won't. A couple of tiny full range drivers paired with a cheap sub woofer is the reason why you will never be able to make peace with a sound bar.

Keep the Onkyo and stand mount speakers. Sell the rest, if clutter is coming in your way. While home theater equipment does not do all too well with music, you will be better off with one than a sound bar for sure.
Old 8th March 2019, 09:11   #3208
BANNED

Quote:
Any indian brands? I am with a budget of around 2K for an FM stereo receiver which has an 'Aux' out.

Good brands -forget Indian brands - are hard to find - especially the dedicated FM receiver types. I had to settle for a wireless speaker system / sound bar. Found it on Amazon.

There are plenty of branded 2.0 and 2.1 speakers with multiple inputs (co-axial, line in, RCA, etc), aux out, Bluetooth and remote around 2 k INR (slightly more for models with multiple inputs) with FM built in. Check the product reviews for how good FM reception is.
Old 8th March 2019, 10:03   #3209
BHPian

Quote:
Check out Norge Audio.
Old 12th March 2019, 15:27   #3210
BHPian

Can someone please suggest a decent sound bar under 25k. And if anyone is using, then please share the feedback.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks