Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
There is the Galaxy Tab as well :

Samsung GALAXY Tab

cya
R
Even dell is coming out with Streak. It will be in 5", 7", 10" version. still galaxy tab and playbook are 7 inches only. ipad still leads in size, for everything else playbook and galaxy tab looks good on paper. And galaxy tab is gonna be more expensive as per many websites.

Last edited by chevelle : 9th October 2010 at 14:25.
Old 9th November 2010, 13:32   #32
BHPian

Last month, bought an iPad 32g wifi+3g! must say it is indeed a great device(though expensive - but than there is a glam factor too)

I have been using it quite regularly. with lots of new applications coming in, it makes ipad more useful.

last week installed BSNL 3g SIM after cutting it (using scissor and knife) - worked great!
Old 9th November 2010, 13:40   #33
BHPian

how would one get rid of the finger marks on the screen?

too much of tennis on the ipad

one of folks suggested i use colin spray, should i do that?

another one, how do you crop any picture (tried to drag the edges but it just won't crop)
Old 9th November 2010, 13:48   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post

too much of tennis on the ipad

one of folks suggested i use colin spray, should i do that?

another one, how do you crop any picture (tried to drag the edges but it just won't crop)

I have bought the screen protector shield and using the liquid that came with that package for cleaning finger marks. I think the screen protector is a must (especially in India).

I guess you can use Colin spray - just don't apply it directly on the device. spray it on a microfiber cloth and use that.- not tried but just my thoughts.

never tried cropping picture.. but I used a free app from adobe that has this feature (if i remember correctly)
Old 9th November 2010, 16:48   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
The way a proper micro-fiber cloth cleans the screen will blow your mind! Nanotechnology

If its really greasy, then yep - a dab of colin will help.

cya
R
Old 10th November 2010, 11:52   #36
BHPian

Kanwal and Rehaan .thanks

OT: Kanwal we have the hyd bhp mega meet on nov 13,details on the meet thread.
Old 10th November 2010, 13:21   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The way a proper micro-fiber cloth cleans the screen will blow your mind! Nanotechnology

If its really greasy, then yep - a dab of colin will help.

cya
R
Please avoid both coz in the long term they remove the oleophobic coating on the screen. Best is to use a soft cleaning cloth or similar that you get for spectacles.
Old 14th November 2010, 02:33   #38
BHPian

I have a question regarding the iPad. Does the GPS receptor work without a sim card? I did try it on the iPad, ie the locate me feature on google maps, but it wasn't able to determine my location.
Old 14th November 2010, 09:01   #39
AWD
BHPian

A friend is coming from U.S. next week, Im thinking of asking him to bring along an iphone & iPad. Which variant of iPad should be bought & how much does it cost? Its actually a choice between WiFi & 3G model in 16GB.
Old 14th November 2010, 22:46   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Please avoid both coz in the long term they remove the oleophobic coating on the screen. Best is to use a soft cleaning cloth or similar that you get for spectacles.
Oh really? Though very occasional damp wiping should be okay right?

Luckily my phone is straight up gorilla glass, so no issue either ways

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanaticOnWheels View Post
Does the GPS receptor work without a sim card?
Yes it should.
It will probably take much longer to lock on though, since its not being assisted by cell towers etc.

cya
R
Old 17th November 2010, 14:53   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I have a question regarding the iPad. Does the GPS receptor work without a sim card? I did try it on the iPad, ie the locate me feature on google maps, but it wasn't able to determine my location.
IIRC it worked without the sim and on wifi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
A friend is coming from U.S. next week, Im thinking of asking him to bring along an iphone & iPad. Which variant of iPad should be bought & how much does it cost? Its actually a choice between WiFi & 3G model in 16GB.
I would say pick the one with 3G doesnt cost much but sure is a boon and makes the iPad truly portable.

Quote:
Oh really? Though very occasional damp wiping should be okay right?
Yup it tends to wear off the coating faster. Best is to use a slightly damp, soft cloth, pure water is the safest to wet the cloth. No need of any cleaning fluids. Even due from your breath and soft cloth works well lol
Old 17th November 2010, 16:53   #42
BHPian

I tried gps in google maps, the locate me feature in maps, but it said it was unable to locate my position. What did you use To activate your gps? I tried using gps inside my house though.
Old 17th November 2010, 18:17   #43
BHPian

@AWD.
The 16 GB WiFi model is what I got, since I wasn't sure if I would need a 3G enabled iPad. It depends on your usage. If you will be using it for browsing at home, the WiFi model should be sufficient. It costs $499 + tax.

I also got the Apple iPad case from the Apple store. It costs around $30 and works very well. The iPad was a little hard to grip and the cover really improved that. It also protects the screen from scratches. This is what I got.
Amazon.com: Apple iPad Case (CASE-ZML MC361ZM/A): Electronics: Reviews, Prices & more

Buying it from the Apple store is cheaper

I would never buy a screen protector reviews about them are mixed and you don't want anything to cover that gorgeous screen.

I also got a microfiber cloth (I forget whether it came with the iPad or the cover, but I didn't buy it separately). It works beautifully. One dry wipe and the smudges get erased. And believe me, the iPad is a fingerprint magnet.

I've never used any spray or any other cleaning solutions on the screen as I'm not sure if it will cause any long term damage. The cloth works perfectly well.
Old 17th November 2010, 19:20   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I tried gps in google maps, the locate me feature in maps, but it said it was unable to locate my position. What did you use To activate your gps? I tried using gps inside my house though.
Did you try it outside? As i said am not very sure, i can check sometime and confirm back
Old 17th November 2010, 23:03   #45
BHPian

I tried it indoors, but was however near open windows. It is a wi fi plus 3G model. I had read on the apple site that only the 3G model had assisted gps. However, I do not know if the gps works without the sim card. Would be great if you could check it out and let me know.

Ps - am typing this post from the iPad, and I must say, the keyboard is gorgeous. I can type almost as fast as I do in pcs. Probably the best touch screen keyboard ever.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks