Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2011, 18:02   #76
Team-BHP Support

Re: iPad-ed !!!!

We us the original apple cover that was bought along with the iPad. Works quite well, yet sleek.
Old 7th January 2011, 20:55   #77
BHPian

Hey we are all Caroholics ?

Has any one thought how we fit the iPads in the car ????

I have seen some demos on You tube on implementing the iPad in the car . Would like to try it on my scorpio - Does any one have any ideas how and where we mount it ???
Old 8th January 2011, 12:48   #78
Team-BHP Support

@Ranga.

Please search before posting.

Apple Ipad Carputer

First ipad in-car installation

cya
R
Old 8th January 2011, 16:09   #79
BHPian

Bought an Ipad 32Gb Wi-Fi for wifey over new year sale (that's another story that I paid the MRP). So far liking it (not liking doing all the domestic chores while wifey is having a ball with ipad though ). Downloaded NFS-hot pursuit and oh boy!!!! can't express the joy of playing it on ipad. its one of those must have apps/games. A couple of things I'd whinge about are, lack of adobe flash support and no facebook application (pity its only available for Ipod/Iphone but not for Ipad. "friendly for facebook" app came to my rescue and is next best alternative). Also, I have shared my iphone contents with Ipad and almost all iphone apps don't support ipad. 2X zoom fits the app to screen but appearance is pixelated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikat View Post
just want to ask what cases you guys are all using to protect your iPad in?
I bought Apple's cover along with Ipad and found it pretty much top notch. Cleaning cloth that came with cover does its job very well (very handy for cleaning glasses too...)
Old 13th January 2011, 12:41   #80
Senior - BHPian

Dummy iPad 2 leaked:

Old 13th January 2011, 14:48   #81
Senior - BHPian

I got a 64 Gig WiFi from the US, and it cost me 25000 bucks including the carry case, and the camera connection kit. Of course, there was a bit of Employee Discount involved. :-))

I picked up a Gecko scratch guard that doubles up as an Anti-Glare as well. Like it a lot.

This is one hell of a device. Had a go at the Galaxy Tab as well, but for all it's features, I felt it lacked the usability and quality of an iPad. Plus, the screen size is a bit too small for me for regularly using the On Screen keyboard.
Old 22nd January 2011, 18:56   #82
BHPian

The GPS works perfectly without a SIM. Yes, it is truly an amazing device, and the endless apps available make it a truly magical device, just the way Steve Jobs put it. Navigation is excellent, Skype works, and MS Office can be emulated pretty well.

By the way, I got a 3G SIM today from BSNL, and they give out microsims if you request them for one. The guys there cut the original SIM, and it fits perfectly on the iPad.
Old 23rd January 2011, 01:36   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanaticOnWheels View Post
By the way, I got a 3G SIM today from BSNL, and they give out microsims if you request them for one. The guys there cut the original SIM, and it fits perfectly on the iPad.
For the micro sim there's a stapler like cutter readily available on eBay.

Microsim, Mobile Accessories, Laptops Computer Peripherals, Consumer Electronics items at low prices on eBay India

Most of the good cell phone shops have it and charge around 50 bucks for cutting the sim, or nil if you are a regular customer. The best part about this cutter is that you can retain the outer cut portion and later use it in case you want to put the microsim into a regular phone
Old 23rd January 2011, 20:11   #84
BHPian

I believe those cutters cost anywhere above 400/-. BSNL does it for free if you let them know that it is for the iPad, atleast here in Chennai.
Old 24th January 2011, 13:56   #85
Senior - BHPian

Just check out the videos on youtube and Do It Yourself!

The BSNL guys gave me a regular SIM. The iPAD I bought came with an AT&T microsim. Used that to help myself out.
Old 27th January 2011, 12:33   #86

This is a product selling because:
a. its a GADGET
b. and its NEW
c. and its from APPLE (and goes without saying touch screen experience is the best with apple)

Nonetheless, take a step back and think about it, its a laptop without a physical keyboard. I feel its overrated, and hyped because S. J. says it has umpteen uses.
Old 27th January 2011, 16:32   #87
BHPian

Apple partners BSNL to bring iPads to India - The Times of India

It seems Apple has partnered with BSNL to officially sell iPads in India as per the above report. Its another story that with iPad2 around the corner, Apple chose this time to sell (or dump) the soon-to-be-obsolete version 1.0 iPads to unsuspecting Indian buyers.

Not sure what this means for buyers in Mumbai/Delhi where BSNL has no service. Hopefully, they'll also sell the Wi-Fi only iPads too.

Last edited by fuel_addict : 27th January 2011 at 16:33.
Old 27th January 2011, 19:40   #88
Senior - BHPian

on a device the size of an ipad, why does one need to cut corners (put intended) for a microsim?
Old 27th January 2011, 21:55   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
I got a 64 Gig WiFi from the US, and it cost me 25000 bucks including the carry case, and the camera connection kit. Of course, there was a bit of Employee Discount involved. :-))

I picked up a Gecko scratch guard that doubles up as an Anti-Glare as well. Like it a lot.

This is one hell of a device. Had a go at the Galaxy Tab as well, but for all it's features, I felt it lacked the usability and quality of an iPad. Plus, the screen size is a bit too small for me for regularly using the On Screen keyboard.
Where did you buy this in US?
Old 27th January 2011, 22:09   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figopian View Post
Where did you buy this in US?
Online order using an employee discount.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks