Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
- How is the call quality
- Battery life with 3G
- Were you able to try NFC?
- Seems like a really good one from the Sony stable at the price point
- Congrats for the same.
Thanks.

Just got it today. Will update you on the battery life. Call quality so far seems good. Will be able to tell you the real review after a couple of working days
Old 29th June 2013, 23:45   #15617
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
Got a Black Sony Xperia ZR today, supposedly the worlds first waterproof phone, and here are my observations.

Congrats on the purchase. Black looks the best IMO. How is the camera compared to S3?

Still have't received mine
Old 30th June 2013, 00:07   #15618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_naresh View Post
I own a Motorola Defy Plus and am thinking of upgrading to the Motorola Droid Razr M. Any idea if I could get this in any shop in Mumbai?
it can be bought on ebay.in . being a world phone it doesn't need to be unlocked [its a Verizon phone]. works straight out of the box. no warranty applicable in India though.

it cost me 23.5 K INR. its been few months .. working trouble free except for the low battery performance. lasts around 12 hrs with around 2 hours talk and always on 3G. but then i was told all smart phones last so much only. though had better expectations on this considering the reviews on internet about good battery back-up.

Last edited by somspaple : 30th June 2013 at 00:08.
Old 30th June 2013, 05:51   #15619
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1amit View Post
Hey guys, any one using Sony Xperia Z? How is the phone? I was looking for a new smartphone and had shortlisted Sony xperia Z and Samsung Galaxy S4. Comparing both these phone, although SG4 (with Octa Core processor, some new features) comes on top, I am leaning towards Sony Xperia Z.

Thus wanted to check if any experience for Sony Xperia Z from group members.
Have read few users complaining about the heating issue in other forums for Xperia Z. So, will advise to check that out before buying.
Old 30th June 2013, 10:45   #15620
BHPian

What is GLONASS and How useful is it?,I am comparing Xperia SP with ZR. Which one will be better for navigation. ZR is without GLONASS.

Thanks

Kiran

Last edited by kiren : 30th June 2013 at 10:46.
Old 30th June 2013, 11:56   #15621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiren View Post
What is GLONASS and How useful is it?,I am comparing Xperia SP with ZR. Which one will be better for navigation. ZR is without GLONASS.

Thanks

Kiran
Simply put for navigation purposes - GPS+GLONASS > GPS alone.

Since the phone will use two systems to pinpoint your location, the accuracy of the location is far more.

GPS is mostly US based. GLONASS is Russian based. Two different systems for satellite tracking.
Old 30th June 2013, 12:20   #15622
BHPian

May I seek suggestions for a good android phone between 5k-7k. My usage is primarily for internet and pictures of my kid. Have been looking for one for quite sometime.
Old 30th June 2013, 12:33   #15623
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_chn View Post
May I seek suggestions for a good android phone between 5k-7k. My usage is primarily for internet and pictures of my kid. Have been looking for one for quite sometime.
You won't get an andorid phone for that price. And you don't need a smartphone if all you need is internet and a camera. You can get a high end non smartphone in this price range which does internet+camera.

Last edited by carboy : 30th June 2013 at 12:49.
Old 30th June 2013, 12:41   #15624
BHPian

Quote:
Samsung galaxy young, duos, and some more phones are there. Although, when I was buying the duos, i felt LG phone in that range had a very good screen. IPS LCD and all that super stuff. There is HTC explorer also and i think another HTC desire C or some model is there. But its close to 10k when my friend bought it last month.
Old 30th June 2013, 12:51   #15625
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You can get an Android for that price, but I don't think you will get a good camera on those phones. If you increase your budget to approx 8.5, you could get a Lumia which I guess will have a better cam. And if you need it only for surfing and pics, you could get a Lumia with older OS but still better cam probably within or just a little over your budget.
Old 30th June 2013, 13:17   #15626
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
You can get an Android for that price, but I don't think you will get a good camera on those phones. If you increase your budget to approx 8.5, you could get a Lumia which I guess will have a better cam. And if you need it only for surfing and pics, you could get a Lumia with older OS but still better cam probably within or just a little over your budget.
There are excellent Nokias between 5-7K which aren't running Android but have good cameras and Internet & Email.
Old 30th June 2013, 15:22   #15627
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
You won't get an andorid phone for that price. And you don't need a smartphone if all you need is internet and a camera. You can get a high end non smartphone in this price range which does internet+camera.
Rubbish. The Huawei Y300 is a great phone at 7K or so. Friend has one and she loves it.
Old 30th June 2013, 15:53   #15628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1amit View Post
Hey guys, any one using Sony Xperia Z? How is the phone? I was looking for a new smartphone and had shortlisted Sony xperia Z and Samsung Galaxy S4. Comparing both these phone, although SG4 (with Octa Core processor, some new features) comes on top, I am leaning towards Sony Xperia Z.
Main reason for this although SG4 has host of new features, a very few of those would really be used in day to day life. Thus I am leaning towards Z which is 3-4K cheaper than SG4.

Thus wanted to check if any experience for Sony Xperia Z from group members.
I got an Xperia Z and its awesome.
There isn't too much of a heating issue. My SGS2 would get hotter.
Contrary to popular belief, the screen is awesome.
The phone is quick and they're releasing stock android for it in some time.

And the battery Is really good.
Old 30th June 2013, 16:10   #15629
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Have read few users complaining about the heating issue in other forums for Xperia Z. So, will advise to check that out before buying.
Am not using an Xperia Z. So cant comment.

My dad is using the S4, with the latest firmware/software updates. The screen can get pretty warm, specially near the earpiece. It gets much warmer than the S2 and S3. I know this for a fact because I have used both. Samsung has realeased 3 "updates" since launch, the last one specifically for the heating issue. That does not make S4 a bad phone. Its still a great buy. But it is one of the reason I did not buy it for myself.

The fact is, all phones heat up to some level. All the heat from the quad and octa cores have to go somewhere. There are no cooling fans in phones. In my opinion, How much it bothers a user just depends how every user holds and uses his phone.
Old 30th June 2013, 23:01   #15630
Distinguished - BHPian

Do we have options to buy an additional battery (branded/non-branded)? Looking at 2000 MAH batteries; would love to hear suggestions from people on this aspect.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks