Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2013, 14:22   #15646
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
Antutu Score - Xperia ZR

Attachment 1104550

It was a Sunday, so the phone was minimally used ( 1.5 hrs screen on + 40 mins Call + 2g Data ON all day, 2 Gmails Accounts Sync ON, Whatsapp)

Battery after about 23 hrs is 45%. Dont know if its good or bad, will be able to update by next week.

Attachment 1104549

AbhiJ,
Congrats on the Xperia ZR.
I have brought the same about 10 days back and no doubt it is well equipped looking at the price range.

There are a few points I would request you to monitor, check over the next few days and provide a feedback.
1. Delayed messages in Whatsapp - the messages are delayed from anywhere between 2 mins to 30 mins at times due to network going into sleep mode issues.
2. Frequent dropped calls or not connecting [I never faced this issue in my iPhone-4 with the same sim card over the last 2 years]
3. Very low voice in default, speaker mode and issues with voice clarity during calls.

These again could be an issues with the Android version 4.1.2 as mentioned by 1000's on the internet but request you to monitor for these issues.
Old 2nd July 2013, 14:50   #15647
Senior - BHPian

Went to 3 of the South Delhi markets last weekend however had no luck finding any case/cover for Nexus 4. Finally ordered it through amazon - http://www.amazon.in/Amzer-95473-Sof...ywords=nexus+4
Old 2nd July 2013, 16:12   #15648
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunkumars View Post
AbhiJ,
Congrats on the Xperia ZR.
I have brought the same about 10 days back and no doubt it is well equipped looking at the price range.

There are a few points I would request you to monitor, check over the next few days and provide a feedback.
1. Delayed messages in Whatsapp - the messages are delayed from anywhere between 2 mins to 30 mins at times due to network going into sleep mode issues.
2. Frequent dropped calls or not connecting [I never faced this issue in my iPhone-4 with the same sim card over the last 2 years]
3. Very low voice in default, speaker mode and issues with voice clarity during calls.

These again could be an issues with the Android version 4.1.2 as mentioned by 1000's on the internet but request you to monitor for these issues.
Whatsapp is working fine for me. Add it as an exception in the Stamina Mode settings.

No call drops on my end so far. Will keep a watch.

Voice is not very loud, but more than clearly audible for me. I am coming from a Samsung i9100.
Old 2nd July 2013, 18:08   #15649
Senior - BHPian

^ The stamina mode is found in all JB based Sony phones i guess.

Is there any battery saving app(i don't use any till now) that enables(and then disables) data connectivity for a specific time interval?

EDIT: I found that Juice defender does it.

Last edited by ramzsys : 2nd July 2013 at 18:14.
Old 2nd July 2013, 18:43   #15650
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar2007 View Post
Rubbish. The Huawei Y300 is a great phone at 7K or so. Friend has one and she loves it.
How good is the cam on this phone?
Old 2nd July 2013, 19:39   #15651
Senior - BHPian

Xperia ZR Battery Backup

Charged overnight on Sunday Night. Unplugged Monday morning. Battery came down to 1 percent about 7 PM on Tuesday.

So it lasted for 34.5 hrs with about 2.5 hrs screen on + 2 Hour 15 mins Call time + 2g Data ON all day + 2 Gmails Accounts Sync constantly ON + Whatsapp constantly ON

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-zr-battery.jpg
Old 2nd July 2013, 20:40   #15652
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Xperia ZR Battery Backup
Thats very good. At least I would estimate about 18 hours on 3G. Thats definitely a decent life. Now I need to think if I actually want to shift. Currently more than happy with Atrix 2. But yes, I removed accounts like facebook and linkedin etc. They hog a lot memory and choke the phone.

Last edited by ampere : 2nd July 2013 at 20:58.
Old 2nd July 2013, 21:28   #15653
Senior - BHPian

Can someone suggest a good smartphone in the range of 10 - 15k. Need to buy for my BIL. Usage would be basic phone, FB and whatsapp. Need a robust one.

Please suggest.
Old 2nd July 2013, 21:33   #15654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Can someone suggest a good smartphone in the range of 10 - 15k. Need to buy for my BIL. Usage would be basic phone, FB and whatsapp. Need a robust one.

Please suggest.
The new xperia phones are good, I am currently using Miro (Rs 11,800) and am more than happy with it. It is a good overall package.
But you should look at samsung devices if you want robustness.
Old 2nd July 2013, 23:08   #15655
Distinguished - BHPian

The Xperia phones look very nice indeed. Really I must make a phone last two to three years, or I'd really fancy one of the waterproof ones as an update to my Defy+. But it is only 17 months old, and I am not depreciating a phone at nearly Rs1,000 a month!

Be nice to have a decent camera in my pocket though....
Old 3rd July 2013, 00:06   #15656
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Please suggest.
Is Android a major requirement ? Because if not, do check out the Lumia series as well. 520 should make a good buy.
I think the price should be in that range. I have not checked.
Old 3rd July 2013, 08:47   #15657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Thats very good. At least I would estimate about 18 hours on 3G. Thats definitely a decent life. Now I need to think if I actually want to shift. Currently more than happy with Atrix 2. But yes, I removed accounts like facebook and linkedin etc. They hog a lot memory and choke the phone.
I have a ZR in my friend's circle who is constantly on 3G network and gets around 24-26 hrs. Hes a strictly average user. Full time sync of exchange mail and whatsapp. That's all I guess.
Old 3rd July 2013, 14:49   #15658
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmad.007 View Post
The new xperia phones are good, I am currently using Miro (Rs 11,800) and am more than happy with it. It is a good overall package.
But you should look at samsung devices if you want robustness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Is Android a major requirement ? Because if not, do check out the Lumia series as well. 520 should make a good buy.
I think the price should be in that range. I have not checked.
Thanks Guys. I was casually browsing yesterday and also checked out the Lumia series. Seems like a decent phone for the average smart phone user. Size wise also its good enough to handle. I think i might just go for the Lumia. My friend also suggested the Lumia and mentioned that it has zero lag as compared to Android (after using the phone for sometime Android does get laggy)
Old 3rd July 2013, 14:51   #15659
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks Guys. I was casually browsing yesterday and also checked out the Lumia series. Seems like a decent phone for the average smart phone user. Size wise also its good enough to handle. I think i might just go for the Lumia. My friend also suggested the Lumia and mentioned that it has zero lag as compared to Android (after using the phone for sometime Android does get laggy)
Lumia 520 is great VFM. Go for it if you are not app crazy, and with that Nokia badge, you can have peace of mind too.
Old 3rd July 2013, 14:58   #15660
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Xperia ZR Battery Backup

So it lasted for 34.5 hrs with about 2.5 hrs screen on + 2 Hour 15 mins Call time + 2g Data ON all day + 2 Gmails Accounts Sync constantly ON + Whatsapp constantly ON
Just curious, why is your Android System usage so high? Or is that the usual case with all Xperias? Also, I believe the screen time is on the lower side. Are you running stock JB?

When I compare this with my SIII, the Android system runs between 5 and 6% and with pretty much the same usage as yours and I still get anywhere between 3.5 to 4 hours of on screen time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks