Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2013, 23:58   #15826
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
Recently i picked-up Sview cover , simultaneously i received 2 OTA updates after which the standby time has drastically increased to 50 to 56 hrs. IMO sview is pricey but has certainly increased the standby time.

cheers
How durable are these samsung official covers given there price tags? Even I need to buy a flip case for S4 and the samsung ones look interesting. I was more interested in the solid colour ones and not the Sview. Would you suggest going for one or rather buy something cheaper?
Old 20th July 2013, 00:39   #15827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
Any suggested app for offline map usage without network.
I use Sygic, works quite well.
You need to download statewise maps (around 500mb each) just once to your device and then no need of internet for navigation. The net connection is only needed if you want traffic updates etc.
Old 20th July 2013, 20:57   #15828
Senior - BHPian

Got a chance to review my friend's Samsung Galaxy S4.

I must say performance wise this phone is just ultimate. My only grouse is the looks and build quality as compared to HTC One.

You can find the link of the review by visiting my public profile and clicking on homepage link provided there.

I hope that may be of some help for future buyers.
Old 20th July 2013, 22:19   #15829
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post

How durable are these samsung official covers given there price tags? Even I need to buy a flip case for S4 and the samsung ones look interesting. I was more interested in the solid colour ones and not the Sview. Would you suggest going for one or rather buy something cheaper?
I bought sview for its functionality and I am satisfied with it. Its very convenient to answer calls without opening the cover. Quality is also good. Durability can't comment. Just two weeks old.
SView is very practical over solid covers. Its a personal choice.
Old 20th July 2013, 22:52   #15830
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverace View Post
Looking forward to seeing awesome apps!
Can we give ideas - and can you compile apps?

Cheers,

Ace.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
My hobby is programming and problem solving, so why not. Just don't give me deadlines
Another one to limit kids' computer time.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ekiny2k.vtimer
Old 20th July 2013, 23:03   #15831
Senior - BHPian

I can still see the apps I had installed on my previous android devices on the My Apps page on the Google Play Store.

How do I remove my old devices from my Google account so that the apps I had installed on those devices disappear from the My Apps page? (For the record, I had removed my Google account from my old devices and had done factory reset before selling off them. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
Another one to limit kids' computer time.
I'll try your app to limit the time my brother spends on NFS MW. Thank you

EDIT: Why don't you make a different icon for this app? Your other app and this one shares same icon.

Last edited by Klub Class : 20th July 2013 at 23:06.
Old 20th July 2013, 23:19   #15832
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
I can still see the apps I had installed on my previous android devices on the My Apps page on the Google Play Store.

How do I remove my old devices from my Google account so that the apps I had installed on those devices disappear from the My Apps page? (For the record, I had removed my Google account from my old devices and had done factory reset before selling off them. )

I'll try your app to limit the time my brother spends on NFS MW. Thank you

EDIT: Why don't you make a different icon for this app? Your other app and this one shares same icon.
You can press cross at top right to remove from the list.

I will have to release both apps with new icons, good idea.

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-img_20130720_134800.jpg
Old 21st July 2013, 21:07   #15833
BHPian

Am contemplating a Sony Xperia Z buy. Is there any other good phone to look out for?
Old 21st July 2013, 21:38   #15834
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achyuth Vaibhav View Post
Am contemplating a Sony Xperia Z buy. Is there any other good phone to look out for?
Define a good phone according to you. Define your requirements and then we can help.
Old 21st July 2013, 22:43   #15835
Senior - BHPian

An update on my Galaxy S Duos: Visited the service centre today, before lunch and then again in the evening. The phone was returned to me as 'fixed', and I was able to reproduce the problem within a minute's time. So the technician was called to observe it, and he immediately declared the motherboard would need replacement. So the phone is back to the service centre.
Old 21st July 2013, 23:21   #15836
BHPian

Anyone using the Galaxy Grand for an extended period of time - feedback please? Seriously looking at buying this phone.
Old 21st July 2013, 23:39   #15837
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbelAFC View Post
Anyone using the Galaxy Grand for an extended period of time - feedback please? Seriously looking at buying this phone.
My sister is using this phone. Quite happy with the device. Screen resolution is not great but still fine for a phablet. You can find my user review by visiting my public profile and clicking the link provided under homepage. Grand's review is on second page -click on older posts at the bottom or february 2013 posts on left side .

Last edited by bluevolt : 21st July 2013 at 23:42.
Old 22nd July 2013, 07:16   #15838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post

My sister is using this phone. Quite happy with the device. Screen resolution is not great but still fine for a phablet. You can find my user review by visiting my public profile and clicking the link provided under homepage. Grand's review is on second page -click on older posts at the bottom or february 2013 posts on left side .
Thank you very much! But would you know if she's having any problems when playing games like Subway Surfers or Temple Run?
Old 22nd July 2013, 07:31   #15839
BHPian

My wife is using grand for last couple of months.... Very good so far. On paper screen resolution feels less but real world performance gives much better experience. I have s3.performance wise I don't feel much of a difference between grand and s3.temple run works fine but subway surfer is not download able from play store.
Old 22nd July 2013, 09:11   #15840
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbelAFC View Post
I have used Grand extensively last 4 months. Almost all games including Dead Trigger, Subway Surfer, Temple Run etc. run very fine. As with all Androids battery is the only hiccup, but again if used judiciously it is better than most. Its one of the best large screen dual sim phone currently if dual sim is your requirement. You should also look at Xolo T1000 Play seriously. Am using Xolo Q800 currently and its one hell of a device if only the screen would have been 5".

Sold off my Grand just 5 days back to be replaced with below. Suggest you also wait for the same(expected to be in market by this month end);

http://www.thedostore.com/smartphone...lver-p780.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks