Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2013, 12:27   #16096
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Portable chargers - how many of you use them? What is the main purpose of use - is it to keep your phone alive during long distance travel?

I have decided to buy a portable charger even though I don't do any long distance travels which deprives me off a charging slot. Reason is that I find myself using the phone while it is plugged into wall socket because of charge being very low (At home & office). It would be better to hook it on to a portable charger which will allow much more freedom of movement.

Any suggestions on portable chargers? The phone is HTC OneX with a puny 1800mah battery which is just sufficient for a day with moderate usage. With heavy usage, it will die out in 6 hours or less.

Last edited by clevermax : 26th August 2013 at 12:29.
Old 26th August 2013, 13:07   #16097
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Portable chargers - how many of you use them? What is the main purpose of use - is it to keep your phone alive during long distance travel?

I have decided to buy a portable charger even though I don't do any long distance travels which deprives me off a charging slot. Reason is that I find myself using the phone while it is plugged into wall socket because of charge being very low (At home & office). It would be better to hook it on to a portable charger which will allow much more freedom of movement.

Any suggestions on portable chargers? The phone is HTC OneX with a puny 1800mah battery which is just sufficient for a day with moderate usage. With heavy usage, it will die out in 6 hours or less.
A good friend uses one for his S3. It comes with 2 ports, so he can charge 2 devices at a time and the capacity is about 4500mAh if I remember correctly. He travels often to his hometown not too far but this ensures that he is never out of battery on his cell. With the bat getting discharged in a day easily, it's pretty helpful if one forgets to charge the phone too.

Forget the name but will check and let you know tomorrow.

Last edited by sammyboy : 26th August 2013 at 13:09.
Old 26th August 2013, 13:16   #16098
BHPian

Quote:
One of my colleague from other side of the great wall visited us and was using a Chinese make. It was 15,000 mAh.

This one was cheap and decent light to be connected. I used it for my Canvas 2. I soon will start looking for one.

My canvas has some feature, by rebooting the canvas, the charge increases by 20% to 30%. ;-) strangely written Jelly bean software which calculates the battery left out.

Here are some links
http://lifehacker.com/five-best-exte...acks-509802431

http://www.phonearena.com/news/10-of...ablets_id39779

http://reviews.cnet.com/4566-3509_7-...504659_7384167

http://www.amazon.in/s/ref=nb_sb_nos...e+battery+pack
Old 26th August 2013, 15:50   #16099
BHPian

Hi every one !!
I am facing a big problem with my LG Optimus L3 II E425.The battery backup I am getting is too poor.Just about 10 hours in idle.I always keep the brightness at minimum ,screen timeout for shortest time and WiFi from home and completes one battery cycle while charging.The phone is just 2 months old and heats up on charging when the charging crosses about 75%.What is the reason for this? The phone is still under warranty.
Experts please advise
Regards
Sreehari
Old 26th August 2013, 16:15   #16100
BHPian

Quote:

Hi Clevermax

These portable chargers do work for me. I was using a similar phone with 1550 mAH battery which drained out every 4-6 hours. I bought a portable charger similar to this one:

http://www.infibeam.com/Portable_Acc...e-P-11-0-Black

It comes with a mini-USB charger and a whole range of connector converters to cover most of the phones in market. I was able to charge my phone twice using one fully charged power bank. Only issue I see is - its slightly heavy and needs to be charged regularly in order to retain life. Would surely recommend for this price.
Old 26th August 2013, 17:07   #16101
Senior - BHPian

Thanks sammyboy, groom & pahwa for the suggestions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shk 8896 View Post
Hi every one !!
I am facing a big problem with my LG Optimus L3 II E425.The battery backup I am getting is too poor.Just about 10 hours in idle.I always keep the brightness at minimum ,screen timeout for shortest time and WiFi from home and completes one battery cycle while charging.The phone is just 2 months old and heats up on charging when the charging crosses about 75%.What is the reason for this? The phone is still under warranty.
Experts please advise
Regards
Sreehari
Can we see an uninterrupted charging curve from 0 to 100%? You can take it from the settings -> power.. somewhere.

Last edited by clevermax : 26th August 2013 at 17:08.
Old 26th August 2013, 17:30   #16102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
I again got an Update Notification for Android 4.3 on my GNex today. Approx size of 1.7MB. Did anyone else get it. Dont see any change post the update.
Yup, I got the update. I don't see any changes either. The update must have been to patch up some issues or something.
Old 26th August 2013, 18:19   #16103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells_Fury View Post
Yup, I got the update. I don't see any changes either. The update must have been to patch up some issues or something.
It's just a security update. You should notice a build number change from JWR66V to JWR66Y.

It is already mentioned in a previous post.
Old 26th August 2013, 18:41   #16104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I got this for INR 1000 after discount from shopclues. Its been a month working very well.
Picked it up based on a review from my friend. Apparently he could use it 4 times from one full recharge of the powerbank.

http://www.shopclues.com/ambrane-por...usb-ports.html
Old 27th August 2013, 20:57   #16105
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks sammyboy, groom & pahwa for the suggestions!

Can we see an uninterrupted charging curve from 0 to 100%? You can take it from the settings -> power.. somewhere.
Here's the pics for reference. Took it from du battery saver
Attached Thumbnails
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-201308271716021.jpg  

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-201308271715271.jpg  

Old 27th August 2013, 21:01   #16106
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys got a nexus 4. Now how to transfer contacts from my galaxy to nexus? I think I had not stored the contacts in my Google account since the contacts did not get updated on nexus when I logged into my account. All the contacts in the Galaxy are in the phone memory.
Old 27th August 2013, 21:42   #16107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Guys got a nexus 4. Now how to transfer contacts from my galaxy to nexus? I think I had not stored the contacts in my Google account since the contacts did not get updated on nexus when I logged into my account. All the contacts in the Galaxy are in the phone memory.
Congratulations on getting the Nexus! I think the easiest way is to sync your contacts to your Google account on your earlier phone and then you are set!
Old 27th August 2013, 21:42   #16108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What I did when I changed over to my first Android :

Exported all contacts to a file in my pc, logged onto my Gmail, and imported this contacts file.

They appeared in the Android after the sync.
Old 27th August 2013, 22:14   #16109
BHPian

Quote:
Guys got a nexus 4. Now how to transfer contacts from my galaxy to nexus?

Was looking through something similar today , there is an app called Idrive on the playstore I guess and on others such as blackberry iTunes also. You just have to create an account backup your contacts and restore them on the other phone using the same account

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....android&hl=en

Last edited by abishek2222 : 27th August 2013 at 22:15.
Old 27th August 2013, 22:21   #16110
BHPian

Quote:
Instal SuperBackup (free app) from playstore on your Galaxy. Backup apks', SMS, contacts to SD card. Move Sd card to Nexus and reinstall from Superbackup

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks