Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2013, 22:29   #16111
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top-Gear View Post
Congratulations on getting the Nexus! I think the easiest way is to sync your contacts to your Google account on your earlier phone and then you are set!
Thanks.
Not able to sync the contacts to my google account on Galaxy. Dunno where the option is

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
What I did when I changed over to my first Android :

Exported all contacts to a file in my pc, logged onto my Gmail, and imported this contacts file.

They appeared in the Android after the sync.
Tried it. Created a .vcf file on the phone card and sent it to my email account. But in nexus it opens it in google docs. No option for download

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_DEL View Post
Instal SuperBackup (free app) from playstore on your Galaxy. Backup apks', SMS, contacts to SD card. Move Sd card to Nexus and reinstall from Superbackup
Nexus does not support external SD cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by abishek2222 View Post
Was looking through something similar today , there is an app called Idrive on the playstore I guess and on others such as blackberry iTunes also. You just have to create an account backup your contacts and restore them on the other phone using the same account

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....android&hl=en
Looks good. Will TRY!
Old 27th August 2013, 22:32   #16112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_DEL View Post
Move Sd card to Nexus
There is no expandable memory slot in a nexus! So you can't be "moving the SD card".

Best way is to sync with the Google account:

1. From the phone (if it's an android)
2. Sync to gmail from PC after backing up from the phone. (Both already suggested in the posts above)
Old 27th August 2013, 22:36   #16113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Thanks.
Not able to sync the contacts to my google account on Galaxy. Dunno where the option is

Tried it. Created a .vcf file on the phone card and sent it to my email account. But in nexus it opens it in google docs. No option for download

Looks good. Will TRY!
don't send the vcf file to your Gmail.. You have to import it to your contacts and you are done.
Old 27th August 2013, 23:35   #16114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys got a nexus 4. Now how to transfer contacts from my galaxy to nexus? I think I had not stored the contacts in my Google account since the contacts did not get updated on nexus when I logged into my account. All the contacts in the Galaxy are in the phone memory.
When i got the N4 i couldnt find any app to transfer contacts. Then someone from XDA forum suggested syncing it with google account and it worked. I don't think there is any other way. Still i will suggest check with people on Xda for any other solution. There is a thread on it only with nexus 4 indian owners.
Old 28th August 2013, 00:04   #16115
Team-BHP Support

I dont understand this need to transfer contacts from one phone to another.
Whichever phone one uses, his phone contacts would be sycned to Google/Office mail server etc.

One gets a new phone, adds up google/office acount, the contact sync up to the new phone.

No need to transfer contact from one phone to another if accounts are always synced.

Do Note : The Golden source of contacts should be on cloud (Google/Office mail server etc) and not on phone. Phone is just a client.

Last edited by ampere : 28th August 2013 at 00:06.
Old 28th August 2013, 00:19   #16116
BHPian

Quote:
Guys got a nexus 4. Now how to transfer contacts from my galaxy to nexus? I think I had not stored the contacts in my Google account since the contacts did not get updated on nexus when I logged into my account. All the contacts in the Galaxy are in the phone memory.
You may use this application called Zoota. It backs up all contacts when installed on source phone and sends you as an email. Also once you install Zoota on your new phone, you may simply do a restore.
Old 28th August 2013, 00:59   #16117
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks.

Looks good. Will TRY!
Try this:
Go to Settings->Accounts and give your Google and whatever other accounts you want to be synced up(LinkedIn, Facebook, etc). Check the option of backing up your Google contacts and then you won't have to worry about it again!
Old 28th August 2013, 01:05   #16118
Team-BHP Support

Doesn't a simple bluetooth transfer work for contacts? I transferred all contacts from my old Nokia E-72 to my Galaxy S3 that way. Select all contacts > Send via Bluetooth.

The Nokia transferred all contacts to the S3 in .vcf format. No details lost, except the tags on additional notes, that were removed.
Old 28th August 2013, 08:03   #16119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki

Thanks.

Looks good. Will TRY!
Try installing Rainbow contacts app.
Turn on the bluetooth on any old phone , start the app & fetch the contacts from the source phone.

This is the easiest way for transfering contacts from any non android phone to new android phone.

If old phone is android, export it to sd card, share this .vcf file via bluetooth on your Nexus, then import it via contacts/people.

Both the method should work fine apart from google sync method.
Old 28th August 2013, 10:18   #16120
Distinguished - BHPian

I had Purchased a Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 in January.
It came with ICS but after 3 months I also got an upgrade to JB.
It was an enjoyable experience till some 2 months ago.
The Voice command used to initiate itself automatically and the lady inside used to ask me "What would you like to do?" at odd hours.
Even the Driving mode used to activate itself automatically.
Maybe she wanted a long drive with me

I tried removing all unnecessary apps, doing a factory reset and such things.
None helped until I removed TBHP app. After I removed the TBHP app, everything got back to normal

It was not the end...3 weeks ago it started to happen again. She came back and started asking me "What would you like to do?" anytime and every time.
And this time the driving mode was not activating but the phone was charging its batteries...even without the charger plugged into it!!!
This charging problem resulted in the screen being on always (because when we plug the charger and remove it the screen comes on).
Obviously this resulted in the battery draining and I had to charge 3-4 times a day; which was earlier once a day.

First thing I did was remove TBHP app.
It didn't solve (Moderators can breathe easy now).
Did a factory reset but no success.
Removed many other apps and no success either.
Looked at some other forums and found that this is not new to Samsung and HTC phones. It was mentioned there that some people had logged out of "Samsung account" and the problem was solved. Even that didn't help.
After trying to get rid of the problem and hoping for the problem to solve by itself for a week, I finally gave my phone at the Service centre in Jayanagar on Saturday.

He had told me that it will be ready by Monday if its a small problem.
Heard nothing from him till yesterday and today called him up and he said its still unsolved.

Now using an old Nokia 2700Classic. I had charged it fully on Saturday and not gone back to the charger till now

My colleague is also facing the voice command problem on his S2 but since its out of warranty he's living with it.

Anyone else with such problems/Solutions?
Old 28th August 2013, 10:29   #16121
Distinguished - BHPian

Thank you everyone for the guidance and suggestions. since i wanted to get the call records, messages along with the contacts , i used the I-Drive app mentioned above and it worked beautifully. Its similar drop box where once you upload to the cloud you can download it from any other android phone after logging into that app

Thanks all once again!
Old 28th August 2013, 10:32   #16122
BHPian

Guys I am planning to sell my Samsung Galaxy S Advance and move to IOS. I am thinking to go with Iphone 4. Is it a good decision. Please help. I have read that Apple might release a cheaper version namely Iphone 5C but still it is not a confirmed news. Also that model will be of plastic and apple are known for their build quality. So I think purchasing an Iphone will be a good decision. But overall please tell me is it a wise decision?
Old 28th August 2013, 10:36   #16123
BHPian

Got an android update on my nexus 4 today morning. 2mb in size. No difference noticed till now.
Old 28th August 2013, 13:54   #16124
Senior - BHPian

Just read that nexus 4 prices have been slashed by $100 in US and various other countries. Even at today's high $ rate the 16GB variant works out at around 17k with the new prices.

Thats a great deal.

Name:  ForumRunner_20130828_135704.png
Views: 446
Size:  347.2 KB

Last edited by Eddy : 28th August 2013 at 14:17. Reason: Merged
Old 28th August 2013, 16:00   #16125
Senior - BHPian

A good friend needs a new android phone. Budget - 20k
Kindly recommend the best in that price range.
Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks