Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2013, 11:22   #16681
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

BBM on Samsung S4 is a big battery drainer and an acquaintance on another forum also confirmed the same on her S4.

Also read on the net that this is happening typically for some Samsung mobiles and a few HTC mobiles. No issues observed by my friends having BBM on their iPhones.

Anyone else experiencing rapid battery drain due to BBM? Annoying and if it keeps up this way, is soon going to go out of the window. Poor show BB and even after many months, such poor programming.
Old 25th October 2013, 11:48   #16682
BHPian

Anyone on this forum with a S2 and android version JB 4.1.2. How can you upgrade to the 4.2x? I am told S2 will not be receiving any further updates.
Old 25th October 2013, 13:07   #16683
BHPian

Hello guys recently I have purchased Sony Xperia Z1. Its an awesome phone but only thing that is bothering me is that when I am playing games it becomes hot both from front and back. Is it normal as its body is made up of aluminium. Please tell.
Old 25th October 2013, 13:39   #16684
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
OMG ! I can't believe this. I am typing this from my Galaxy Grand Duos running on [b]Samsung Official Android 4.2.2 OS [\B]!!
So all Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos owners, time to rejoice with something new !
Damn, I was so so so wrong about Android 4.2.2 on Galaxy Grand Duos. The performance sucks to the core.

I have restarted the phone manually, by removing the battery, 11 times in the last 2 days. I can't pick a call, because the touch is so damn slow that by the time I manage to pick, the caller hangs up. Gallery opens up after 7mins, Whatsapp opens after God knows how many minutes, Screen goes off and never comes back on again.

Absolutely gross idea to have 4.2.2 on Galaxy Grand Duos.

I will take the phone to the nearest Samsung SC and get it reverted to stock condition (if I am not able to do so on my own, tonight). Probably would first attempt to install Cyanogenmod 10.1 and see.
Old 25th October 2013, 15:12   #16685
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Hello guys recently I have purchased Sony Xperia Z1. Its an awesome phone but only thing that is bothering me is that when I am playing games it becomes hot both from front and back. Is it normal as its body is made up of aluminium. Please tell.
I am using the Z1. I have used GPS on it non-stop for 6 hours and it was just very moderately warm (not uncomfortable to hold). I have played temple run2 and asphalt7 for about an hour (not much of a gamer really) and again it was not that hot. In comparison my previous phone (HTC Sensation) would get really hot in about 1 hour of navigation use!

If you see it gets too hot, then take it to Sony service. Something might be wrong with the device.
Old 25th October 2013, 16:10   #16686
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Anyone on this forum with a S2 and android version JB 4.1.2. How can you upgrade to the 4.2x? I am told S2 will not be receiving any further updates.
Mine is on 4.1.2 only. I read somewhere that they will bring 4.2 to the S2 and that will be probably the last update that its going to get.
Old 25th October 2013, 16:35   #16687
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
Amazing lock screen concept. Android only of course. It's going to be an invite only launch, so sign up for an invite on their website - https://www.coverscreen.com/
Haven't watched the video yet, but here's a similar one i came across recently:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...com.tul.aviate

cya
R
Old 25th October 2013, 17:18   #16688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
I am using the Z1. I have used GPS on it non-stop for 6 hours and it was just very moderately warm (not uncomfortable to hold). I have played temple run2 and asphalt7 for about an hour (not much of a gamer really) and again it was not that hot. In comparison my previous phone (HTC Sensation) would get really hot in about 1 hour of navigation use!

If you see it gets too hot, then take it to Sony service. Something might be wrong with the device.
No its not uncomfortably hot. I asked this as my previous phone Note 2 never got warm.
Old 25th October 2013, 17:55   #16689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
No its not uncomfortably hot. I asked this as my previous phone Note 2 never got warm.
Among recent (1-2 years) phones that I used - the Note 1 & S3, both get warm with constant screen on &/or putting a big drain on the processor like a game.
I think it happens with many phones. The Note1 used to get hotter. But none of the phones ever got that hot so as to not be able to use them. I guess its normal.
Old 25th October 2013, 19:54   #16690
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Anyone else experiencing rapid battery drain due to BBM? Annoying and if it keeps up this way, is soon going to go out of the window. Poor show BB and even after many months, such poor programming.
Iam using BBM in my S4. Im not experiencing any extensive battery drain.

But im running a custom ROM. Arrow ROM 8.0.0 with Adam kernel.
Old 25th October 2013, 20:06   #16691
Senior - BHPian

BBM on the HTC One. No noticeable difference.
Old 25th October 2013, 20:43   #16692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Haven't watched the video yet, but here's a similar one i came across recently:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...com.tul.aviate

cya
R
Aviate is a launcher and Cover is a lock-screen. I'm already using Aviate, very smooth overall but hasn't lived up to its promise of location aware apps organization to my satisfaction.

Do watch the video, it looks more promising than Aviate.
Old 26th October 2013, 09:34   #16693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
Aviate is a launcher and Cover is a lock-screen. I'm already using Aviate, very smooth overall but hasn't lived up to its promise of location aware apps organization to my satisfaction.

Do watch the video, it looks more promising than Aviate.
Both Aviate and Cover Screen looks impressive.
Does any one has an invite for Aviate? Would like to give it a try.
Old 26th October 2013, 18:21   #16694
Distinguished - BHPian

Any idea when the 2013 nexus 7 is going to hit Indian shores ?
Old 26th October 2013, 18:42   #16695
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
BBM on Samsung S4 is a big battery drainer and an acquaintance on another forum also confirmed the same on her S4.

Also read on the net that this is happening typically for some Samsung mobiles and a few HTC mobiles. No issues observed by my friends having BBM on their iPhones.

I am experiencing the same. If the problem does not resolve in few days, I will uninstall BBM as I have anyway installed all the e-mail apps for my other e-mail IDs.

Do let me know of there is some resolution in sight.

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks