Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2013, 11:21   #16876
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post

16GB - 28,999
32GB - 32,999

Camera on the NEXUS is a big downer. I am trying very hard to overlook this.
Did you try it out yourself? It's supposed to have optical image stabilization. And from the pictures I've seen, it looks quite decent ( even though not the best ). Nexus experience is always better than bloatware versions of android in the likes of Samsung devices.
Old 11th November 2013, 11:22   #16877
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

I'm not sure if its already been posted here, but it looks like Google owned Motorola is coming back to India with the Moto G ! I hope it has the separate voice processor like on the Moto X. If this is priced well, I'm definitely going to be interested. I've always loved the solid build of Moto's.

We shall know on 13th November !

https://twitter.com/Motorola/status/...115520/photo/1

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 11th November 2013 at 11:24.
Old 11th November 2013, 11:24   #16878
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
Did you try it out yourself? It's supposed to have optical image stabilization. And from the pictures I've seen, it looks quite decent ( even though not the best ). Nexus experience is always better than bloatware versions of android in the likes of Samsung devices.
Not available in INDIA yet. All the online reviews are saying that the camera is inconsistent.

I use a Galaxy Nexus as my daily driver, I know the nexus experience and the priority of experiencing the latest updates before everyone else does.
Old 11th November 2013, 11:31   #16879
BHPian

Quote:

Cameras have always been the bane for nexus. There never was a nexus that is a good shooter. Image quality, low light issue has always plugged the nexus camera. Even though the nexus 5 comes with image stabilizer, the software is not utilizing it fully. Check out the review on the verge or android central. You will know.
Old 11th November 2013, 11:35   #16880
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
I'm not sure if its already been posted here, but it looks like Google owned Motorola is coming back to India with the Moto G ! I hope it has the separate voice processor like on the Moto X. If this is priced well, I'm definitely going to be interested. I've always loved the solid build of Moto's.

We shall know on 13th November !

https://twitter.com/Motorola/status/...115520/photo/1
Motorola phones are always great phones. But, their after sales service sucks ( Atleast in Kerala ). If you don't care about service, they are great devices to have.

Quote:
Not available in INDIA yet. All the online reviews are saying that the camera is inconsistent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by appu.bhandari View Post
Cameras have always been the bane for nexus. There never was a nexus that is a good shooter. Image quality, low light issue has always plugged the nexus camera. Even though the nexus 5 comes with image stabilizer, the software is not utilizing it fully. Check out the review on the verge or android central. You will know.
Google seems to be working on a solution - http://www.droid-life.com/2013/11/08...rts-of-tweaks/

Quote:
I use a Galaxy Nexus as my daily driver, I know the nexus experience and the priority of experiencing the latest updates before everyone else does.
I switched to Galaxy Nexus 4 recently, and am enjoying the experience. If I buy another android, it will most certainly be another Nexus.
Old 11th November 2013, 11:59   #16881
BHPian

Quote:

I switched to Galaxy Nexus 4 recently, and am enjoying the experience. If I buy another android, it will most certainly be another Nexus.
That's the best part about nexus series. I didn't mention this but the mod for better camera is already in works by jishnu sur @ xda.
It's initial reviews looks promising.

Btw once get hooked to nexus, you won't go back. I have been nexus right from S to n4.
Old 11th November 2013, 12:06   #16882
Distinguished - BHPian

Planning to get the Nexus 5 from USA. The phone will work here right?
Old 11th November 2013, 12:10   #16883
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Ofcourse yes. PFB

Nexus 5 Network specifications:
2G/3G/4G LTE
North America:
GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
CDMA: Band Class: 0/1/10
WCDMA: Bands: 1/2/4/5/6/8/19
LTE: Bands: 1/2/4/5/17/19/25/26/41
Rest of World:
GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
WCDMA: Bands: 1/2/4/5/6/8
LTE: Bands: 1/3/5/7/8/20
Old 11th November 2013, 14:09   #16884
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ofcourse it should, but minus the warranty. I'm not sure if there is an option to get international warranty.
Old 11th November 2013, 14:33   #16885
BHPian

Quote:
The LG-D820 is the Nexus 5 model intended for North America (US and Canada). It is also the first Nexus device to support GSM, UMTS, and CDMA on the same device.

The D821- EU, Asia and Rest of the world trades away one UMTS band, CDMA support, and US LTE bands for Eurasian LTE bands. LTE bands 3, 7, and 20 provide complete support for most LTE networks deployed throughout Europe.

There is a lot of discussion on google forums about the D820- US /Canada model working in Singapore etc. I have included some details...

In Singapore, band 3 (1800mhz) and band 7 (2600mhz) only. Bands 1, 3, and 5 are used throughout Asia (including South Korea and Japan) for LTE networks, with the vast majority of high-speed LTE networks on band 3.

Guess till D821 gets released by carriers in Asia, we won't know if local LTE will work fine on the US MODEL. 3G is covered fine though.

Also it looks like buying the international version -D821 means we can't use LTE in US/Canada on all major networks.

Hope this helps.
Old 11th November 2013, 14:52   #16886
BHPian

Quote:
Motorola phones are always great phones. But, their after sales service sucks ( Atleast in Kerala ). If you don't care about service, they are great devices to have.
Perfectly Put in and it;s same everywhere across india.

I have a Xoom tab and it;s lying since 4 months for want for repairs. nobody is ready to touch it & even if some body agrees to touch it , asking cost for repair is 21,000 for a device which costed me some 18,000 when dollar has fair value against INR .
Old 11th November 2013, 14:57   #16887
BHPian

Looks like Nexus 5 is up for pre order on Snapdeal.

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/lg-g...69/?pos=0;0;21
Old 11th November 2013, 15:16   #16888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
Looks like Nexus 5 is up for pre order on Snapdeal.

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/lg-g...69/?pos=0;0;21
Beware of snap deal . Seller rating is poor and you don;t wish to be haggling with their customer care for refund, who insist that refund will happen in the form of some snap cash only .Has to issue them threat last time when i went for a refund . Better to buy from Google directly. it;s already listed on google play store and i see little value in ordering from SD unless you want to avail the free EMI;s .

Last edited by .sushilkumar : 11th November 2013 at 15:18.
Old 11th November 2013, 17:19   #16889
Senior - BHPian

Started using Whatsapp Plus (not available on playstore) since last couple of days and able to hide my online status, last seen without switching off the data and still able to see other's status and last seen.
Old 11th November 2013, 20:25   #16890
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
You can get a Nexus5 and a Note3! Best of both worlds (in Android land). One is the absolute latest Android has to offer and the other is the absolute best Android has to offer!
I am quite comfortable with Nexus devices having used a Nexus S in the past.

Quote:
No. It doesn't justify. Go for the note 2.
That's what I thought too.

Quote:
Should be 30k and 44k respectively.
The Note was available for under 30K with exchange for any old smartphone. Is that still available?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Only you can decide based on usage if price diff is justified or not.

Main difference is in the sNote application.
1. Note file format is lightweight xml based backward compatible but not available on note 2
2. Actionable notes : example jot down a number in handwriting and draw a circle around it and call/add to contacts.
3. Air commands.
Other features over note 2.
4. Usb 3.0
5. Personal knox (free) and managed for enterprise use.
6. regular SE policy updates from policy server. But in some cases you may find them to be nuscence because some of the existing applications get force closed as they violate the security policy.
Developers are forced to improve designs due to this but in short term irritating to non serious users who may not value security much.
In that case doesn't make much sense for me to go for a Note 3.

Should be 30k and 44k respectively.[/quote]

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks