BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam003 View Post
Hi, Anyone got Nexus 5 till now ?
A friend has. Shipping date is Nov 24.
Old 22nd November 2013, 18:14   #17043
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

I have an Xperia running on 4.1.2. I use some utilities like mail, FB, maps etc, but usage is on-need basis. I dont keep GPRS on at all times, just activate when required.

I am looking for any way that can help control which apps to update when I connect to GPRS. Currently, the moment I switch on GPRS, all these apps will update. I dont want that.

eg: When driving, If I want maps to connect, then I dont see a need for FB / mail to get update for new messages / mails.

Is there a way >
Old 22nd November 2013, 19:22   #17044
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
I have an Xperia running on 4.1.2. I use some utilities like mail, FB, maps etc, but usage is on-need basis. I dont keep GPRS on at all times, just activate when required.

I am looking for any way that can help control which apps to update when I connect to GPRS. Currently, the moment I switch on GPRS, all these apps will update. I dont want that.

eg: When driving, If I want maps to connect, then I dont see a need for FB / mail to get update for new messages / mails.

Is there a way >
Turn off auto sync in settings and use Synker to manually sync accounts as per your need.

If you want to automate the process, that is enable data and sync depending on what app you launch, try tasker (not free!).
Old 22nd November 2013, 20:13   #17045
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A friend bought it on the 20th

Pretty cool phone.
Old 22nd November 2013, 21:24   #17046
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally was able to update my Note 2 to 4.3 JB, thanks to my wizard cousin who did it in an hour. The major change i'm noticing is bright colours, not very soothing though. Hope I get adjusted to it.
Old 22nd November 2013, 22:51   #17047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
A friend has. Shipping date is Nov 24.
Mine shipped this evening - 22nd. Tracking ID is not enabled for 24 hrs, but mail says will deliver in 2-5 business days. And it looks like it ships from S'pore, as that's where the returns go to.
Old 23rd November 2013, 07:29   #17048
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggy View Post
Mine shipped this evening - 22nd. Tracking ID is not enabled for 24 hrs, but mail says will deliver in 2-5 business days. And it looks like it ships from S'pore, as that's where the returns go to.
My phone has been shipped last night and tracking ID from blue dart is not yet enabled or active.

It ships from Bhiwandi, Mumbai. It should reach PUNE in a day or two.

I am in two minds on whether to purchase the official google bumper case @ Rs 2499. The price is very steep for a case.

Last edited by F150 : 23rd November 2013 at 07:41.
Old 23rd November 2013, 09:00   #17049
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Finally was able to update my Note 2 to 4.3 JB, thanks to my wizard cousin who did it in an hour. The major change i'm noticing is bright colours, not very soothing though. Hope I get adjusted to it.
Congrats. In 4.3, texts are much sharper. Also, with the xda released Note 3 package, it got almost all new features of Note 3 which makes a solid contender for one more year at least
Old 23rd November 2013, 09:39   #17050
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
My roomie has received his 16GB version which was ordered from the Play Store when the device showed up.

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-photo1.jpg

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-photo2.jpg

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-photo3.jpg

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-photo4.jpg

Awesome device - I had my apprehensions regarding LG making a flagship device but this has broken all that. The IPS display is crisp and the rubber back just like the Nexus 7 feels great to hold. Single handed operation is a breeze despite being a 5” display phone. I find it a bit hard with my Lumia 920 on that aspect. Typing on the keyboard has haptic feedback but not the other capacitive buttons on the display. The UI is smooth and non-laggy. And for a change, the device is not made in China but S. Korea; from the importer’s sticker on the box. Excellent pricing at 29k. The device was shipped from Bombay through Blue Dart. Arrived in a day's time.

Since I am a WP8 user (Lumia 920) I do not know much about the kernel, Kitkat or Dairymilk but he has already unlocked and rooted the device.
Old 23rd November 2013, 11:25   #17051
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post

My roomie has received his 16GB version which was ordered from the Play Store when the device showed up.

Awesome device - I had my apprehensions regarding LG making a flagship device but this has broken all that. The IPS display is crisp and the rubber back just like the Nexus 7 feels great to hold. Single handed operation is a breeze despite being a 5" display phone. I find it a bit hard with my Lumia 920 on that aspect. Typing on the keyboard has haptic feedback but not the other capacitive buttons on the display. The UI is smooth and non-laggy. And for a change, the device is not made in China but S. Korea; from the importer's sticker on the box. Excellent pricing at 29k. The device was shipped from Bombay through Blue Dart. Arrived in a day's time.

Since I am a WP8 user (Lumia 920) I do not know much about the kernel, Kitkat or Dairymilk but he has already unlocked and rooted the device.
Looks awesome. Can't wait to play with the one my friend ordered.

Also, it seems that LG makes their phones in Korea. My G2 is also made in Korea as per the box.
Old 23rd November 2013, 12:05   #17052
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post

My G2 is also made in Korea as per the box.
How long have you been using the G2? The reason is I'm confused between the G2 and the N5. N5's battery life's a big question mark I'm told. Being a current N4 user I find the battery okish but love the stock experience on the nexus series also the nexus series cameras are useless. I'm told the G2's bloatware etc can be over whelming but can you share your day-to-day living with the G2? Your feedback will be of great help. Thanks in advance.
Old 23rd November 2013, 12:19   #17053
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abs182 View Post

How long have you been using the G2? The reason is I'm confused between the G2 and the N5. N5's battery life's a big question mark I'm told. Being a current N4 user I find the battery okish but love the stock experience on the nexus series also the nexus series cameras are useless. I'm told the G2's bloatware etc can be over whelming but can you share your day-to-day living with the G2? Your feedback will be of great help. Thanks in advance.
Been using the G2 for a month now and love it. The battery is awesome and lasts me a whole day with super heavy usage. LG does have a lot of bloatware but compared to the s4, it isn't that intrusive. Pretty useful stuff.

If you like stock android, there are a number of aokp/aosp roms to choose from. I personally haven't rooted or used any custom roms as I am very happy with stock. In fact this is the first phone that I haven't rooted or installed a custom rom on.

XDA has a number of threads on the phone and how good or bad it is. Personally, I love it and it meets all my expectations from a phone. PM me if you need any more help or suggestions.
Old 23rd November 2013, 19:49   #17054
BHPian

To all the Note 2 users who have updated their device to Android 4.3 :-

Are you experiencing a drop in performance? Specifically when opening the gallery and while switching between applications?

Or is it just me

I read somewhere that a factory data reset might solve the problem, did the same, lost all my messages in the process(are messages not backed-up by kies?), things are a bit better now but not as smooth as 4.1
Old 23rd November 2013, 19:54   #17055
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
To all the Note 2 users who have updated their device to Android 4.3 :-

Are you experiencing a drop in performance? Specifically when opening the gallery and while switching between applications?

Or is it just me

I read somewhere that a factory data reset might solve the problem, did the same, lost all my messages in the process(are messages not backed-up by kies?), things are a bit better now but not as smooth as 4.1
Phone is performing well. Yes the gallery takes little time to open but its not much.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks