Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2013, 21:20   #17176
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Yeah have been reading up a bit and will take the plunge - purchase the US GMS mobile itself.
Buy from US, but dont buy "US GSM" version.

Buy the global version since that will work on 3G in India (In addition to GSM).
Old 2nd December 2013, 22:10   #17177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
Buy from US, but dont buy "US GSM" version.

Buy the global version since that will work on 3G in India (In addition to GSM).
Thanks. Yeah after a lot of thought, I'm putting away the purchase since this person is starting back from the US on the 13th. There is no way I can get the Global GSM Moto G to her in time for her travel.
Old 3rd December 2013, 10:10   #17178
Senior - BHPian

Chanced upon this gorgeous LWP

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....mmarine&hl=en
Old 3rd December 2013, 12:28   #17179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Yeah after a lot of thought, I'm putting away the purchase since this person is starting back from the US on the 13th. There is no way I can get the Global GSM Moto G to her in time for her travel.
Not sure why you would want to buy Moto G, since it would be launched in a few months in India itself.

You may consider buying a Moto X or even better a pre-owned Droid Maxx from http://swappa.com/buy/droid-maxx-verizon/us
It will cost more, but then you pay more for a Mercedes than a Maruti (if you know what I mean).

Edit: Moto X will be available for $350 on 4th December. You can customize and ship the phone for free to a US address.

Last edited by moralfibre : 6th December 2013 at 14:14.
Old 4th December 2013, 17:16   #17180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Not sure why you would want to buy Moto G, since it would be launched in a few months in India itself.

You may consider buying a Moto X or even better a pre-owned Droid Maxx from http://swappa.com/buy/droid-maxx-verizon/us
It will cost more, but then you pay more for a Mercedes than a Maruti (if you know what I mean).
Na, I am a guy who thinks its not worth buying a "phone" for more than 15k. But thanks for the info on swappa - some nice offers there. Nexus 4 also going for a great price. But swappa has this problem - you need a Paypal verified address - and this can only be in the USA!!
Old 5th December 2013, 13:57   #17181
Distinguished - BHPian

My Samsung galaxy S2's battery has off late started showing its age and now the phone lasts only half a day on an average. Do I have any options in the battery department or will have to just purchase the same spec battery?
Old 5th December 2013, 21:43   #17182
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
My Samsung galaxy S2's battery has off late started showing its age and now the phone lasts only half a day on an average. Do I have any options in the battery department or will have to just purchase the same spec battery?
My phone's battery has stopped picking up charge all of a sudden since yesterday. After like 2 hours of charging it is still showing only 27% charge ( it was around 5% at the time of start). Also once charged its losing its juice too soon. And since last few days am noticing that the phone gets really heated up on constant use such as whatsapp or TBHP app and even while charging its getting hot.

Do all the symptoms clearly indicate a battery failure? In that case I will go buy a new one. Or will I first have to give it to the service centre? I tried a different charger and the result was same, so the problem is not with the charger certainly.
Old 5th December 2013, 22:45   #17183
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
My phone's battery has stopped picking up charge all of a sudden since yesterday. After like 2 hours of charging it is still showing only 27% charge ( it was around 5% at the time of start). Also once charged its losing its juice too soon. And since last few days am noticing that the phone gets really heated up on constant use such as whatsapp or TBHP app and even while charging its getting hot.

Do all the symptoms clearly indicate a battery failure? In that case I will go buy a new one. Or will I first have to give it to the service centre? I tried a different charger and the result was same, so the problem is not with the charger certainly.
Does look like dead cells on your battery, but just to rule out all other possibilities (including a faulty charging circuit on your phone), check with another battery (if you have another S2 user in your circle) before you buy a replacement.
Old 6th December 2013, 11:25   #17184
BHPian

Quote:
Do all the symptoms clearly indicate a battery failure?
Check if the battery has bulged in between, put your battery on flat surface try rolling it in circular motion, if it rolls smoothly then its time to change your battery.
Old 6th December 2013, 14:21   #17185
Senior - BHPian

Considering getting a pre-owned Nexus 4 from the US - some good deals on Ebay for around 15k. Suggestions?
Old 6th December 2013, 15:23   #17186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Considering getting a pre-owned Nexus 4 from the US - some good deals on Ebay for around 15k. Suggestions?
Why do you want a pre owned phone. Get a new one. Else settle for something which is good, may not be a high seller brand like Samsung but you have options like Lenovo which boast of very nice battery life.
Old 6th December 2013, 16:45   #17187
BHPian

Guys quickie

My Xperia Tipo's lock button isn't function since early afternoon. It doesn't do anything no matter how many times I press it. Have changed the settings to keep the screen ON all the time but the battery is draining fast.
Is there any way to unlock the phone using the volume keys? I'll set it for auto-lock only then. Warranty got over exactly a month back.

Thanks.
Old 6th December 2013, 17:10   #17188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post
Guys quickie

My Xperia Tipo's lock button isn't function since early afternoon. It doesn't do anything no matter how many times I press it. Have changed the settings to keep the screen ON all the time but the battery is draining fast.
Is there any way to unlock the phone using the volume keys? I'll set it for auto-lock only then. Warranty got over exactly a month back.

Thanks.
Install Gravity screen on / off app which uses proximity sensor for the purpose.
Old 6th December 2013, 17:11   #17189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There are few Nexus 4 for sale on olx etc. That might be a better choice since you can check the phone in person before paying.

http://mumbai.olx.in/sahivalue-certi...-iid-574615442
Old 6th December 2013, 18:21   #17190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
There are few Nexus 4 for sale on olx etc. That might be a better choice since you can check the phone in person before paying.

http://mumbai.olx.in/sahivalue-certi...-iid-574615442
Yeah, checking some. There were 2 in our Classifieds but have been sold off.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks