Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2014, 04:56   #17911
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post
I have one query though. I unplug my phone in the morning at 9 and about after 12 hours, the battery is at 10% with about 4-5 hours of screen on time. Is this an issue? Is there any app to monitor my battery usage and estimate its life over the day?
4-5 hours of screen on time is the norm for the moto G, it certainly isn't an issue. I get the same amount of screen on time on my Moto G with full time net on.

You can try installing the Snapdragon Battery Guru app. I haven't used it personally, but I've been hearing very good reviews about it. Apparently, its optimised to work with Qualcomm running devices.
Old 26th March 2014, 07:40   #17912
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post
I have one query though. I unplug my phone in the morning at 9 and about after 12 hours, the battery is at 10% with about 4-5 hours of screen on time. Is this an issue? Is there any app to monitor my battery usage and estimate its life over the day?
My mother is using Moto G since last 1 month. She has not so many apps installed but her usage has about 2-3 hrs of calls other than Facebook, Whats app and a few news channels. With this usage, she gets about 3 days of backup with around 7-8% charge left before charging. I guess there is some app thats draining your battery very fast.
Old 26th March 2014, 16:21   #17913
BHPian

I am having massive battery drain on my S2. I am running he latest CM11. At the best of times, my phone lasts 20-24 hours on moderate usage. But most times, it lasts about 16-18 hours. One strange thing i noticed was on the battery screen, 'Media' is using the maximum battery. Any idea about this? I have gone through XDA forums but couldnt find any details.

Name:  Screenshot_20140326155053.png
Views: 665
Size:  84.0 KB Name:  Screenshot_20140326161959.png
Views: 652
Size:  66.7 KB
Old 26th March 2014, 17:07   #17914
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh View Post
I am having massive battery drain on my S2. I am running he latest CM11. At the best of times, my phone lasts 20-24 hours on moderate usage. But most times, it lasts about 16-18 hours. One strange thing i noticed was on the battery screen, 'Media' is using the maximum battery. Any idea about this? I have gone through XDA forums but couldnt find any details.
Looks like you are on 3G, that explains the massive drain. I too face the same situation and hence toggle between wifi when I am in office and 3G the rest of the time.
Old 26th March 2014, 17:19   #17915
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Looks like you are on 3G, that explains the massive drain. I too face the same situation and hence toggle between wifi when I am in office and 3G the rest of the time.
But i have been on 3G most of the time in the last 2 years. None of the other ROMs have behaved like this. Strange, i am not able to figure out which process/ task is taking so much battery.
Old 26th March 2014, 17:24   #17916
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh View Post
But i have been on 3G most of the time in the last 2 years. None of the other ROMs have behaved like this. Strange, i am not able to figure out which process/ task is taking so much battery.
I am also on CM11 and best case I get battery for a 3/4 of a day and without any extra apps and the works.
Old 26th March 2014, 19:51   #17917
Senior - BHPian

Got my hands on a Moto G! Placed the order at around 10.50 PM yesterday and received it by 2.45 PM today! Flipkart never ceases to amaze me!
Specs wise, it is a huge upgrade from my current Samsung Galaxy S Duos 7562. I should say, S Duos should be the most laggy phone Samsung has ever manufactured . Even after rooting and installing a custom ROM, things did not improve much.

Hope the MotoG lives up to all the hype and the expectations.
Old 26th March 2014, 21:05   #17918
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
Got my hands on a Moto G! Placed the order at around 10.50 PM yesterday and received it by 2.45 PM today! Flipkart never ceases to amaze me!
Specs wise, it is a huge upgrade from my current Samsung Galaxy S Duos 7562. I should say, S Duos should be the most laggy phone Samsung has ever manufactured . Even after rooting and installing a custom ROM, things did not improve much.

Hope the MotoG lives up to all the hype and the expectations.
You wont be disappointed at all. It is a very smooth phone. Congrats on your new moto g.
Old 27th March 2014, 22:35   #17919
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi can any one tell me what is the best way for downloading youtube videos on android smartphone? The phone is consideration here is the Galaxy S4 running on stock android.
Old 27th March 2014, 22:47   #17920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Hi can any one tell me what is the best way for downloading Youtube videos on android smartphone? The phone is consideration here is the Galaxy S4 running on stock android.
I don't know if youtube downloader apps are banned from the play store like they are in the chrome extensions section. What I do on my PC is use a Python script called youtube-dl (Official Site). This script beats all other programs hands down, but there is no GUI. One way is to use a Python interpreter and this script.

This method would be tedious and advisable only if you're comfortable with such stuff. All the best!

Last edited by amolbh : 27th March 2014 at 22:48.
Old 27th March 2014, 23:25   #17921
Team-BHP Support

I just updated to 4.4.2 and HTC Sense 5.5 on my HTC One Mini.

Apart from being able to manage BlinkFeed (and, cloud printing which I don't use), what exactly is so good and different about KitKat?
Old 27th March 2014, 23:48   #17922
BHPian

Can any custom ROM save the Grand Duos from all the lag? Whatever you touch on the phone, it hangs. Nothing opens up without a delay. CM Mod has an unofficial ROM but it doesn't support dual sim. I don't seen dual sim, so if someone's tried a custom ROM on the Grand Duos, please let me know your experience.

Btw, I received a Moto G last week and it's an amazing phone for the price. Yet to see anything lag or hang on the phone. Very happy!

In other news, Samsung launched the Galaxy S5 for a whopping 51-53K INR. Why does every iteration of this plastic phone keep getting more expensive? Are they trying to make it an aspirational phone ala the iPhone?

Last edited by hellmet : 28th March 2014 at 00:17.
Old 28th March 2014, 00:10   #17923
BHPian

Quote:
Hi can any one tell me what is the best way for downloading Youtube videos on android smartphone? The phone is consideration here is the Galaxy S4 running on stock android.
You can download Video Downloader from Google Play. After downloading, this app will appear as Videoder. While I am not sure of its source of videos, it has a search feature which allows you to preview the retrieved videos and then download them if you wish.
Old 28th March 2014, 03:47   #17924
BHPian

Quote:
Hi I've been using tubemate for the past 2 years. But you need to get the apk file and click on unknown sources in security to allow installation of this third party app. It has been working like a charm till date.
Old 28th March 2014, 05:42   #17925
BHPian

Quote:
Tubemate is by far the best android app for downloading YouTube videos. You can both watch videos on it and download them in upto 1080p resolution.

The only issue is, just like on the Chrome extensions store, all YouTube downloading apps are banned from the Play Store, so you'll have to get the apk from some other store like Getjar, or the Opera Store.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks