Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2014, 10:07   #17941
BANNED

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokrish View Post
I don't think this is available at Play store India site.
Office from MS is available on Android on Google Play Store. It's not just a viewer, but can also edit docs. Much better than the Polaris Office I had on my phone earlier.
Old 31st March 2014, 10:11   #17942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
At the moment it is only on iPhone, and I am waiting for it on Android.
No. It is available for android too and I have it on my tab. Good MS experience.
Old 31st March 2014, 10:47   #17943
Senior - BHPian

After months of deciding between the Moto X & the Nexus 5, went ahead and ordered the Moto X yesterday. Found the Nexus 5 a tad too big after using a friends phone for a while. In addition with the Moto now officially available in India, you get warranty as well.

Should receive the phone tomorrow.

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 31st March 2014 at 10:48.
Old 31st March 2014, 16:06   #17944
BHPian

Moto G users in here I need your help. I had to replace my first moto G (ordered on 18th and delivered on 24th February) due to excessive backlight bleeding from the top left corner. Flipkart service was good and they gave me a replacement by 12th March as they had stated. But when I checked my new phone I found that the new one too has backlight bleeding similar to the earlier one although the new one was definitely better. I was thinking of ignoring it but when I checked my friends Moto g I couldn't find anything on his phone like mine. I was in a hurry so don't know whether I missed something. Then another friend of mine says its better to get it replaced as there is a chance for it to spread later as we use the phone more and more. Same happened with the first phone as the issue got aggravated as I used it. Now I am confused whether I should ask for a replacement again. The bleeding on the top of my phone is clearly visible from brightness level >30% when viewing an image with black background. Can you guys check your Moto g's screen in full brightness in a dark room with a black image? If this is a common issue then I am afraid whether I will get a worser one if I go for a replacement. If possible post some pics too and that would be of great help. Speaking about the phone its the best in the segment for the price. The screen with 329 ppi is brilliant if you have a non defective one. Build quality is solid, Loudspeaker is good and comparable to that of Sony but starts to crack at levels more than 70%. Camera is average but has improved after the Kitkat update. And the performance is awesome. I played real racing 3 on my phone with power amp running in background and still there is no lag. Add to that there is just 1GB remaining free on my phone. But these kind of quality issues are now making me worried. Backlight bleeding is present on my dads Note 8.0 also. But there its visible only above 80% brightness and that too in lower levels. So fellow Moto G users please help me out.
Attached Thumbnails
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-img_20140331_154954.jpg  

Old 31st March 2014, 18:42   #17945
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERSPORT View Post
Moto G users in here I need your help. I had to replace my first moto G (ordered on 18th and delivered on 24th February) due to excessive backlight bleeding from the top left corner. Flipkart service was good and they gave me a replacement by 12th March as they had stated. But when I checked my new phone I found that the new one too has backlight bleeding similar to the earlier one although the new one was definitely better. I was thinking of ignoring it but when I checked my friends Moto g I couldn't find anything on his phone like mine. I was in a hurry so don't know whether I missed something. Then another friend of mine says its better to get it replaced as there is a chance for it to spread later as we use the phone more and more. Same happened with the first phone as the issue got aggravated as I used it. Now I am confused whether I should ask for a replacement again. The bleeding on the top of my phone is clearly visible from brightness level >30% when viewing an image with black background. Can you guys check your Moto g's screen in full brightness in a dark room with a black image? If this is a common issue then I am afraid whether I will get a worser one if I go for a replacement. If possible post some pics too and that would be of great help. Speaking about the phone its the best in the segment for the price. The screen with 329 ppi is brilliant if you have a non defective one. Build quality is solid, Loudspeaker is good and comparable to that of Sony but starts to crack at levels more than 70%. Camera is average but has improved after the Kitkat update. And the performance is awesome. I played real racing 3 on my phone with power amp running in background and still there is no lag. Add to that there is just 1GB remaining free on my phone. But these kind of quality issues are now making me worried. Backlight bleeding is present on my dads Note 8.0 also. But there its visible only above 80% brightness and that too in lower levels. So fellow Moto G users please help me out.
I had this issue on Motorola RAZR Maxx. Apparently, it's an amoled issue. Not sure if you have the same issue?
Old 31st March 2014, 18:54   #17946
BANNED

Just got an OTA upgrade of software on my Sprint htc One. Now that I am no longer rooted went smoothly.
Old 31st March 2014, 19:59   #17947
BHPian

Quote:
I checked my moto g, no backlight bleeding issues as such. Camera is a real disappointment in moto g. I noticed that clicking in HDR mode gives better results. You can try with that.
Old 31st March 2014, 20:43   #17948
BHPian

Quote:
Moto G users in here I need your help. I had to replace my first moto G (ordered on 18th and delivered on 24th February) due to excessive backlight bleeding from the top left corner.

But there its visible only above 80% brightness and that too in lower levels. So fellow Moto G users please help me out.
I just tried out the test on my Moto G, couldn't find any such problems. I'm curious, is this bleeding really a problem?

I've never checked for this type of issue until now, and as you said yourself, it's not really visible unless you look hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _chikku View Post
I checked my moto g, no backlight bleeding issues as such. Camera is a real disappointment in moto g. I noticed that clicking in HDR mode gives better results. You can try with that.
The camera takes decent shots in daylight, atleast I find it to be pretty decent. The only annoyance is that it takes some time to refocus if you suddenly switch between subjects.
Old 31st March 2014, 21:31   #17949
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
I had this issue on Motorola RAZR Maxx. Apparently, it's an amoled issue. Not sure if you have the same issue?
Moto g has an IPS LCD and not an amoled screen. So that's not the case here.
Quote:
Camera gives acceptable results when HDR is on and there is enough light. I tried PicsArt camera and HD camera ultra and each one gives different results. Don't know which one is the best. Good to know that your phone doesn't have any issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed.Demon View Post
I just tried out the test on my Moto G, couldn't find any such problems. I'm curious, is this bleeding really a problem?

I've never checked for this type of issue until now, and as you said yourself, it's not really visible unless you look hard.
In my case this is visible even on auto mode though very slightly. But when viewing videos and images at higher brightness levels(40-50%) it's clearly visible when a dark background comes up. And again I have doubts whether it will increase later. With KitKat having a black bar at the top and black background for menu it doesn't look that good either.
Old 31st March 2014, 23:22   #17950
Team-BHP Support

What's a good app on Android to know local business around?

Eg. if I am in a particular area, I'd like to know restaurants, hotels, attractions etc.

There was the Local app on 4.2.2 but I can't find it on 4.4.2. It wasn't that great anyway.
Old 1st April 2014, 11:14   #17951
BHPian

MOTO G Cradle/dock

Hi,
I too have got a moto G with flip case.
Kindly recommend a nice looking cradle/docking station for office desk use.
Preferably one that works with flip case and has OTG+ charging facility.
Would love something which has speakerphone/music speaker facility.
Can arrange from USA

thanks

Last edited by vikramvicky1984 : 1st April 2014 at 11:19.
Old 1st April 2014, 19:01   #17952
BHPian

Hey moto g owners, after the last weeks camera app update, I got one more pushed through today. This is an update for boot animation. Now animation doesn't say ' Motorola a Google company ' rather says Motorola powered by android and a new animation as well. Apparently this update is pushed to moto x too. Good to see Motorola paying attention to minor user experience.
Old 1st April 2014, 19:20   #17953
BHPian

Quote:
Hey moto g owners, after the last weeks camera app update, I got one more pushed through today. This is an update for boot animation. Now animation doesn't say ' Motorola a Google company ' rather says Motorola powered by android and a new animation as well. Apparently this update is pushed to moto x too. Good to see Motorola paying attention to minor user experience.
Actually, that update came because Google now mandates that all android phones should show the 'powered by Android' legend when the device boots up.

If a device doesn't show this, then it won't get access to Google's services.
Old 2nd April 2014, 09:58   #17954
BANNED

Any experience with the Snapdragon battery optimiser? I seem to be getting no improvement.
Old 2nd April 2014, 10:32   #17955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_devakumar View Post
I am looking for an 8" Android Tablet. The usage is mainly for web browsing and ebook reading (that is the reason i am thinking about 8" instead of 7"). The tablet should be light weight and also i prefer Android 4.3 or later (for multi user configuration).

WiFi/Bluetooth/GPS are needed, 3G is optional though. I don't play games, but watch plenty of videos. Camera quality is not a priority. Please suggest me the available options. Prefer the price below 15K.

Samsung Tab 3 and Dell Venue 8 are the one i have shortlisted now (Tab 3 is bit costly though). But not sure if Android 4.3 update available for these in India region. Please suggest me if any better alternate.
Finally bought MMX Funbook P580 which is 7.8". I would rate the Tab as very good for the price less than 11K. The highlights are: Very good display, fast response, very good wifi reception and streaming, plays 1080p videos without any issues, good battery life, build and look is good. The low lights are: Poor camera, charging time is high, speaker volume is low.

I haven't used this Tab for any heaving gaming, but usual games like Angry bird, Temple run works well. I have tested voice calls with head phone only and it works well. Overall a very good buy and a good product from Micromax (feels good to see a Made in India Tag in electronics)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks