Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2014, 19:04   #18061
BHPian

Re: Call history record?

Are there any options/settings to increase the call history records, at the least for past 3 months? As of now, i can see the call history of past 3 weeks. I am on Kitkat and the device is N4.

Old 29th April 2014, 19:11   #18062
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Are there any options/settings to increase the call history records, at the least for past 3 months?
You can install "SMS Backup+". This will copy all call records to your calendar. So call records (and SMS if you so choose) will be kept indefinitely.
Old 1st May 2014, 13:09   #18063
BHPian

Motorola sends out invites for May 13 event; calls its next ‘Made to last, Price for all’

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-moto_e_invite.jpg

Motorola is all set to launch its first smartphone after being acquired by Lenovo. The company has already sent out invites to international media about an upcoming event to be held on May 13.

Unlike the high-end flagships that have been entering the markets lately, it appears to be just another Moto device that aims at superior features with an affordable price tag. The invite reads, “Connect more people to the world’s information and each other, and they can do great things.” The invite also mentions, “Made to last. Price for all.”

Full Article HERE
Old 1st May 2014, 21:42   #18064
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys is there any service like Samsung Kies air that I can use with my Nexus 5? I really miss that piece of software as it made life so much easier. Now to transfer any small file also I have to go look for the cable.

Also please suggest a good music player which has two things: A last added playlist and a most played playlist. Both of these things were there on the Samsung Galaxy s2 and I loved them. The nexus 5's google play music app is again not that developed and user friendly I feel. Worst thing is it does not allow you to share music. I am rather surprised that the company which actually gave birth to Android cannot give such basic features which are available with rival phone makers and that too in there 3+ year old devices.
Old 1st May 2014, 22:19   #18065
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Guys is there any service like Samsung Kies air that I can use with my Nexus 5? I really miss that piece of software as it made life so much easier. Now to transfer any small file also I have to go look for the cable.
Have you tried Airdroid? I have been using it for files/pics/music transfer over WiFi.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....sand.airdroid
Old 2nd May 2014, 08:33   #18066
BHPian

I've 5 aviate invites, pm your email ID
Old 2nd May 2014, 10:23   #18067
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
@doxinboy - PM'd you pal.
Sent you pal, 3 invites still available.
Old 2nd May 2014, 14:48   #18068
BHPian

Thanks folks, I gave all 5 invites to the brothers here, have fun. :-)
Old 2nd May 2014, 16:12   #18069
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Also please suggest a good music player which has two things: A last added playlist and a most played playlist..........
Check out Poweramp. Good music player with lots of options, including playlist options, custom equalizer/tone settings, music sharing from within the app and a good lock-screen widget. It's a paid app, but has a fully-functional 14 day trial, so you can evaluate all options before buying.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 2nd May 2014 at 16:32.
Old 2nd May 2014, 16:18   #18070
Oxy
BHPian

I screwed up.

Tried to upgrade my Xperia Mini Pro to Jellybean by installing a custom kernal and ROM. The phone won't boot after the kernal installation. Now it's as good as a paperweight.

Sent it to the service center. They initially said the IC is damaged, but after they replaced it, the phone still won't switch on. They returned it saying they can't figure what's wrong.

Need a new phone now. Am not touching Android this time. What are my options around the 5-6k bracket? Am only interested in GPS and Wifi.

How good is the Lumia 520?

Last edited by Oxy : 2nd May 2014 at 16:23.
Old 2nd May 2014, 17:04   #18071
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
How good is the Lumia 520?
If you just need GPS and Wifi, you can't go wrong with Lumia 520. Here Maps in offline mode works like a charm. And the performance is truly super-fluid. However, you'll need to stretch your budget by 1k from 6k. http://www.buyingiq.com/Nokia-Lumia-520-42912
Old 2nd May 2014, 17:15   #18072
Senior - BHPian

I received the Kitkat 4.4.2 update for my Note 2 today. Not much of a change apparently, except that the notifications icons have become dead white, instead of the coloured ones. I dont like this change and few minor changes to UI, like better display feel, keyboard enhancements, some additions to the Network menu, location menu, etc...

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-kitkat.jpg

What i am really irritated about is that the SYNC option no longer working through KIES. It stopped working after the 4.3 update and it still is not working after 4.4.2 update. I dont understand the reason to disable SYNC option.

Does anyone have any solution/app to sync Outlook calendar with the device?

Last edited by ajay_satpute : 2nd May 2014 at 17:28.
Old 2nd May 2014, 20:21   #18073
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Check out Poweramp. Good music player with lots of options, including playlist options, custom equalizer/tone settings, music sharing from within the app and a good lock-screen widget. It's a paid app, but has a fully-functional 14 day trial, so you can evaluate all options before buying.
Isn't there any free player out there? People don't stop talking about the number of apps in Android market. I am sure there must be atleast one free music player there too.
Old 2nd May 2014, 22:14   #18074
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Isn't there any free player out there? People don't stop talking about the number of apps in Android market. I am sure there must be atleast one free music player there too.
Tunewiki, or musixmatch have good playing options.
And androids own equalizers, I think, work across players. Else get noozxoide, that's good too.
Old 2nd May 2014, 22:30   #18075
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I tried a few of the free ones. They're either limited options-wise or need in-app purchases to unlock features.

I finally installed Poweramp, and was impressed enough to buy it on the third day of the trial. The best part is the trial is fully-functional and valid for 15 days, and if you do decide to buy it, it's just INR 63. Totally worth the price for all the features it offers.

Your call.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 2nd May 2014 at 22:33.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks