Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2014, 09:49   #18511
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
Yes it is.
Online reviews seem pretty positive n VFM. Didn't see anything bout overheating issues. Will do a deeper search. Thanks!
The performance with regards to games is midrange at best. The 8 cores are more of a gimmick and provide no tangible benefits to multi-tasking as there are few apps that benefit from octa-core. These extra specs serve to inflate the AnTutu scores.

The camera uses an archaic 3gp format and the videos turn out to be lacking in quality. The camera tends to overexpose pics to make them look good but the colour accuracy is way off when you view them on the computer. See if there is a workaround to this and if mp4 recording is supported by the device or not.
Old 14th July 2014, 09:49   #18512
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Moto X does not have a cam worth it's price. Don't buy if cam quality is important.
Yeah, although I'm not a person who takes a lot of pics, it definitely helps to have a good camera when its really needed. Thanks for the reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Aditya, You want to look at Sony? I use the ZR. Perfect from hardware point of view. Because it was an off-shoot of one of the sony flagship devices. But they cut-down on display specs (720p LCD Panel) to get the price down. 1.5 GHz Quad Core Krait CPU, 2GB RAM and a very nice camera (13 MP). And I just got a Kit Kat update as well.
Thanks ampere. I'll check it out.
Old 14th July 2014, 13:42   #18513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Yeah, although I'm not a person who takes a lot of pics, it definitely helps to have a good camera when its really needed. Thanks for the reply.

I used the Xperia ZR for a while and had a lot of issues with the waterproofing. After three attempts at trying to get a decent, waterproof handset, both Sony and I decided to part ways amicably.

I've used the LG G2 since October and it's a great device. The G3 will be coming on sale this month apparently so you may find a good deal on it.
Old 14th July 2014, 13:50   #18514
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
I used the Xperia ZR for a while and had a lot of issues with the waterproofing. After three attempts at trying to get a decent, waterproof handset, both Sony and I decided to part ways amicably.
I have not tried the water proof testing part. I have used it as a regular phone. And in that, I have found it quite good.
Old 14th July 2014, 18:26   #18515
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Check out the old HTC one mini. Its a cracker of a phone and should be under 20-25k now. Just the right size for one handed usage - absolutely instant touchscreen response (we compared against an iPhone 5). Its far better than stuff like the S3 or such like.

The only downside is the battery performance which isnt great (esp if you're using GPS).

Also, check real world camera usage of any phone you buy - not just the reviews that are mostly paid IMHO.

EDIT: Does anyone have an old version of swiftkey on their phones? The latest version doesn't display on my phone at all, and I dont have a backup of an older version :( HELP!
Old 14th July 2014, 18:36   #18516
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone received a 4.4.4 update for Moto G here? I had a Moto - E and it received an update last weekend, but my Moto G hasn't yet received one.
Old 14th July 2014, 19:49   #18517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Has anyone received a 4.4.4 update for Moto G here? I had a Moto - E and it received an update last weekend, but my Moto G hasn't yet received one.
Wait for sometime, Moto G is will receive the updates soon. Moto E being the smallest kid in the family, Motorola Dad decided to grant it first with the 4.4.4 update before bigger brothers G and X since younger kids need more security
Old 14th July 2014, 19:51   #18518
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
I couldn't wait, so pushed the update through XDA. Nothing great, except for the missing 2nd SIM icon, different dialer and option to pause camera while video recording, among some small changes.

Just in case you want to get it too..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...4-4-4-t2810166
Old 14th July 2014, 19:54   #18519
BHPian

Quote:

Moto X has got a pretty decent camera once you are used to the way of adjusting the focus and exposure level. Motorola has given few software updates to the camera which has dramatically improved the performance. The biggest problem has been the pics in flash. The camera tends to lower the exposure level to very low level automatically while taking the pics with flash. 4.4.4 has taken care of this problem as per the reviews. Fingers crossed.

Some sample pics from my moto x
Attached Thumbnails
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-1405347787018.jpg  

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-1405347817295.jpg  

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-1405347872373.jpg  

Old 14th July 2014, 20:14   #18520
Senior - BHPian

Well, I am a Moto X user and it is the best Android experience I ever had.

Forget the hardware, it is blazing fast.. I compared with my friend's S4 for browsing and it opens webpages faster than S4... the Nexus 5 is slightly faster than Moto X though.

The Active notifications are very useful.. the touchless controls work fine most of the times. The display is crisp and colorful.. any games you throw at it runs fine.

I have heard lot of problems with the Moto X camera.. I believe the initial camera software had bugs with regards to exposure and white balance which have been corrected now with the 4.4.3 update. Earlier, even I was using the Google camera from Play store when I was shooting in low light. But with the 4.4.3 update, the camera software has been fixed and I am not using the Google camera any more. Also, I find the tiwst to open the camera really cool I find the camera to be good (for a mobile camera) and I don't believe it can be a deal breaker. Of course, there are phones like the S5 of Iphone 5S which have better cameras but they cost a lot more as well.
If anyone is interested in photographs, just check out the Google+ page for Moto X... there are so many stunning shots people have posted with Moto X. Even I had few great shots with the camera of Moto X. For serious photography, I use a DSLR.
https://plus.google.com/u/0/communit...8-4660f86fcd12

Overall, I think this is the best Android phone one can buy at 21-22K if you want something handy and not a 5" or bigger screen size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokick View Post
Moto X has got a pretty decent camera once you are used to the way of adjusting the focus and exposure level. Motorola has given few software updates to the camera which has dramatically improved the performance. The biggest problem has been the pics in flash. The camera tends to lower the exposure level to very low level automatically while taking the pics with flash. 4.4.4 has taken care of this problem as per the reviews. Fingers crossed.
Hey, actually the camera software has been improved in the 4.4.3 update which was not released in India. I got the camera Apk from XDA and it has indeed solved most of the issues related to exposure and white balance. If you are interested and can't wait for the 4.4.4 update, PM me with your email address and I can send you the APK.

Last edited by adimicra : 14th July 2014 at 20:23.
Old 15th July 2014, 13:34   #18521
BHPian

I have Galaxy S i9000 which has Android 2.2 Froyo. Lately it has been very slow.
Please provide any solution regarding this. Have most of photos/text/memos in them.
Difficult to loose them. Text Msging, Caller IDs, Calls getting hanged are the problems faced now.

Is it better to reinstall this version or can we upgrade to 2.3 or later version? Please advice.
Old 15th July 2014, 15:00   #18522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstallion76 View Post
I have Galaxy S i9000 which has Android 2.2 Froyo. Lately it has been very slow.
Faced the same issue in my wife's phone. Custom ROM didnt help either. My advice is to factory reset it after backing up everything. Do not install too many apps. I handed over my year old S3 to my wife and treated myself with a Nexus 5. My kids are using the S I9000 for games now.
Old 15th July 2014, 15:05   #18523
BHPian

Just registered for Xiaomi Mi3. Insane pricing of 13999! Sale starts on 22nd July at 12PM.
Old 15th July 2014, 15:15   #18524
BHPian

Xiaomi has launched great specification phones at mouth watering prices. If they can match it with good aftersales (they say 36 service centers are coming up) it can very easily reach motorola levels of success or maybe even exceed it.
Old 15th July 2014, 15:26   #18525
BHPian

^^ looks difficult to achieve for someone new in the Indian market. Motorola picked up coz of Google's backing. Motorola as an independent company was not doing good in the Indian market.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks