Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2014, 13:39   #18916
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Please take all these tech blogs with a pinch of salt - I would trust BHPians and family's feedback anyday. My family has 8 in the extended family - every single one of them is a happy camper. There would be issues with any product - are these happening with all of them? We need to understand in more detail before claiming "people are taken for a ride in a royal way"
Old 22nd August 2014, 14:34   #18917
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
On another note, it is now easy to buy MI3. ...
No it isn't:

Quote:
Go to MI store and register for our next sale on Aug 26th, 2014.
"Buy Now" is easy: anything else is not. Buying a product online has to be easier than buying the same or similar in a local shop (it should be cheaper too) and if not then it is a drama and a farce

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
There you go, after all the hype and drama and waiting periods, now complaints on horrible quality of Xiaomi Mi3:

http://www.androidorigin.com/xiaomi-...oduct-quality/
Maybe I'm not so sorry, then. After all it is still 13,000, which is not much less than my Defy+ was. Hardly cheep.

But then I read phamilyman's post. Somewhat reassured ...but still not buying unless or until I can just <Buy Now>.
Old 22nd August 2014, 14:57   #18918
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There you go, after all the hype and drama and waiting periods, now complaints on horrible quality of Xiaomi Mi3:

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
So much for Apple of China.. Looks like people are taken for a ride in a royal way.
Well, maybe I'm lucky (touchwood) since I haven't had any such issues that is mentioned in the link. My Sena bluetooth kit on the helmet, parrot car kit and handsfree units connect seamlessly, device upgraded to 4.4.2 Kit Kat instantly, voice calls crisp and clear and only grouse is that stock ringtones are barely audible while in the pocket and when you are in a crowded place.

I am not saying the reviews on the link are untrue and if they are true, I hope someone takes accountability fast before FK becomes yet another dotcom.
Old 22nd August 2014, 15:43   #18919
Senior - BHPian

For all the Mi3 users on the forum ; the Mi power banks are now listed on Flipkart for sale (and no brownie points for guessing that they're out of stock)
Old 22nd August 2014, 16:01   #18920
Team-BHP Support

Just in case there's someone who likes a stock phone and doesn't prefer the myriad of cases available that invariably add bulk, here's something simple but very effective to keep that backplate scratch-less. Works with all phones/surfaces.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/MOBILE-FEET-S...db8e7e8&_uhb=1

My 1+ year old phone with the product installed.

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-img20140822wa0000.jpg

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 22nd August 2014 at 16:04.
Old 22nd August 2014, 18:46   #18921
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nice choice

1. NillkinTM‎ H Tempered Glass Screen Guard Protector For Xiaomi Mi3

Tempered Glass is fantastic. Had to name my MI3 as "Black Stone". Its is really solid !
Got it for my LG G3 as well. When i asked the dealer for screen protectors, he took out his phone which was also a G3, took an old Nokia and proceeded to go bang bang on the G3 screen with the Nokia. Literally like what this old man is doing to the horse

I was like dude stop that's a 50K phone! Are you nuts?!?!

He didn't stop there. He took out a pen drive and started scratching on the G3 screen with the sharp edge.

After a demo like that who wouldn't want to buy the tempered screen guard

Last edited by deathwalkr : 22nd August 2014 at 18:49.
Old 22nd August 2014, 19:40   #18922
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Dry Ice,

Thanks a ton buddy. Good lesson learnt on it. Will work it out again.

Owe you one.
You are most welcome mate! Glad it helped!
Do post more experiences with the device.
Old 22nd August 2014, 21:05   #18923

I am not able to pair my Jabra BT2035 with my Mi3. Any clues?
Old 23rd August 2014, 13:19   #18924
Senior - BHPian

So my HTC One V is now officially hard bricked declared both by SVC and friendly neighbourhood mobile repair guy. They suggest motherboard replacement which is not worth doing for a two year old phone. The phone loops through on/off cycle and keeps stuck at HTC/Beats audio start screen. So now I have the most expensive paper weight in my house.

So I need a phone urgently now. Have Xiaomi Mi3 and HTC Desire 616 in mind. Preference is for Xiaomi Mi3 but as in the link posted on previous page, lots of issues are being reported!

Keeping them aside, next sale of Mi3 is on 26th August and I have already registered for that. Any tips to make sure I am able to book the phone on 26 as I need a replacement phone urgently. Tired of using Whatsapp on bluestacks.

I am not considering Moto G as it is going to be discontinued and can not wait for G2 and its subsequent flipkart waiting booking drama.

Requesting all existing Mi3 owners to share their feeback about the phone, any problems etc as reported on that blog? Any further guidance will be highly appreciated.

Last edited by bluevolt : 23rd August 2014 at 13:23.
Old 23rd August 2014, 13:26   #18925
BHPian

Guys, Is there a way to print from Note 10.1 (N8000) to the Epson Printer (TX121). The Note is connected to the wifi router (D-Link 2750U). Yesterday, I've configured the wireless printing from my laptop using the above printer and wifi router. Hence, the request of printing from the Android tablet Note 10.1 to the same printer which is connected via USB for wireless printing. Thanks.
Old 23rd August 2014, 13:32   #18926
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
Guys, Is there a way to print from Note 10.1 (N8000) to the Epson Printer (TX121). The Note is connected to the wifi router (D-Link 2750U). Yesterday, I've configured the wireless printing from my laptop using the above printer and wifi router. Hence, the request of printing from the Android tablet Note 10.1 to the same printer which is connected via USB for wireless printing. Thanks.
Please install and use Google Cloud print
Old 23rd August 2014, 14:06   #18927
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpbopanna View Post
Google Cloud print is already installed on Note 10.1 which is running on 4.4.2. How to invoke it for printing and how to select my local printer for printing. Thanks.
Old 23rd August 2014, 14:45   #18928
Senior - BHPian

SAR value data I got from google for Xiaomi Mi3

SAR 1g limit: 1.6W/Kg
SAR Value: 1.1W/Kg (MAX)

Are these values on higher side?

EDIT - Mentioned on the box also - Pic source - xda

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-mi3_package1.jpg

Last edited by bluevolt : 23rd August 2014 at 15:08.
Old 23rd August 2014, 16:38   #18929
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpbopanna View Post
Quote:
Google Cloud print is already installed on Note 10.1 which is running on 4.4.2. How to invoke it for printing and how to select my local printer for printing. Thanks.
I could accomplish this task. I'm able to print using the Google Cloud print service. The below is the procedure.

1) Go to Chrome browser settings in your laptop/desktop and then to the advanced settings. Here cloud printer settings can be located . Click on it and add your printers. Mine is a non wireless printer. I've enabled the wireless printing from laptop via the wifi router with USB port.

2) Now, you can print from phone/tab after enabling cloud print in settings of your phone. The printers added will be visible here. ( Wifi enabled printers name and the actual printer will be visible. If your printer is connected to the laptop via USB cable, select the actual printer name. If it is via wireless, select the corresponding name that was giving while configuring the wifi functionality. Basically, it is the same physical printer with 2 names configured. One via direct USB cable printing and the other via wireless ).

There is one requirement here. While printing from phone/tab from anywhere, the laptop/desktop should be just on. Otherwise printing will not be carried out.

Hope it is clear. Thanks.

Last edited by vvrchandra : 23rd August 2014 at 17:01.
Old 23rd August 2014, 17:07   #18930
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Most of them are software issues specially the twitter users ones. Even iPhone has similar issues *software and hardware* and they take 5 times the money.

P.S. I don't own a XIAOMI, just stating the facts.

Most Viewed