Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2014, 18:37   #19081
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
The phone is way out of warranty, I was planning to use it for atleast 6 months more. Sorry for the rant. Please advise guys.
Local service shops should be able to fix this issue.
Old 3rd September 2014, 19:43   #19082
BHPian

Re: Galaxy S2 - Notification - "Storage Space Running Out"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpbopanna View Post
For those of you using Samsung Galaxy S2, a notification saying "Storage space running out" is a constant problem.

This is not because of too many apps installed on the Device Memory but due to logs building up in the device memory. Shifting apps files from the device memory to the external SD Card does not help.

After researching on the net with various options being recommended including 'rooting' the phone to access hidden directories, I across the SIMPLEST solution.

You can restore heaps of storage space by deleting all the log files in the device memory. Just dial *#9900# on the phone and select option 2 “Delete dumpstate/logcat” in the prompted menu.
Thereafter, go to the bottom of the list and exit.

It's not necessary to root your phone either!

Have a great day!
Good tip for restoring space. BTW, can you let me have a code for Moto G?
Thanks
Old 3rd September 2014, 20:26   #19083
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
However, most Samsung Service centres seem to be in places like old Gurgaon. Damn messed up. How is Samsung's after sales? Will the phone being rooted be a big issue? Can they refuse repairs? I would think it's just a hardware issue. Has anyone else had to replace the charging port on the phone?

The phone is way out of warranty, I was planning to use it for atleast 6 months more. Sorry for the rant. Please advise guys.
I think a rooted phone should be good - they will replace the charging port not the mother board ! What have they told you ?

Service centers in Mumbai are pretty organised that way - go in early and you will be out quick
Old 3rd September 2014, 23:06   #19084
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgopal View Post
Good tip for restoring space. BTW, can you let me have a code for Moto G?
Thanks
Unfortunately no!
However the same code MAY work with the Moto G!
Old 4th September 2014, 02:40   #19085
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
For every ONE of (y)our type ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
<OT>
Been reading your posts re Xiaomi about Mi3 and now Redmi and its clear you dont fancy their way of doing things. May be you should just ignore them? You sound like disgruntled samsung owner. No offense.
Naaah... I'm a mid-gruntled Defy+ owner! Most of it is good except the awful camera, expecially once one gets rid of the Motorola stuff in favour of Cyanagenmod or rom of choice!

It would be best to ignore them, but for two things. 1, the product does look enticing, and 2, I do take an interest sometimes in consumer affairs whether I want the product or not.

Quote:
In other news, I visited Xiaomi service center in Bangalore and got my broken display replaced in 45 minutes. cost is Rs5555 and the staff was very courteous and professional too. A far cry from how Micromax service center handled my Canvas HD. Also checked out the Redmi 1S and MiTV on display. Nice products
That is good news (but sorry for your broken display).
Old 4th September 2014, 08:12   #19086
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpbopanna View Post
Unfortunately no!
However the same code MAY work with the Moto G!
Thanks Bopanna.But I tried it on Moto G and it doesnt work.Says"Invalid Code".
Google search gave USSD codes for different info but not about restoring storage space.
Old 4th September 2014, 09:25   #19087
Senior - BHPian

Moto G2 to be launched today.

G2 brings considerable improvements over its predecessor in almost all aspects. The expected price for the 8GB model is 14,999/-. Most important change is that that G2 is going to be 5 incher, which is a welcome change.
Old 4th September 2014, 10:29   #19088
BHPian

Quote:
It is definitely an issue with the phone as verified by the Samsung Exclusive Store in Cyber Hub.
I am sure you would have tried this but, still to be doubly sure. Have you tried using a different cable or charger and checked the current lite app?

Samsung is like Maruti. You will be able to find up-teem number of local repair guys who can change the charging port with an original part. Have your tried to identify one in your area?
Old 4th September 2014, 10:44   #19089
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Moto G2 to be launched today.

G2 brings considerable improvements over its predecessor in almost all aspects. The expected price for the 8GB model is 14,999/-. Most important change is that that G2 is going to be 5 incher, which is a welcome change.
Do you have more info? Will it be launched in India also today? One of my relative wants to buy a phone within couple of days at around 15K and G2 looks best. I tried to find out other options also but nothing comes close to Motorola these days in terms of reliability, security (sarcasm towards likes of MI) and VFM.
Old 4th September 2014, 10:57   #19090
BHPian

Hi Fellas!!

I am facing a strange problem with my Note 3 off late... I put it up for charging at night and in the morning when i unplug the phone it shows that earphones are connected but in actually they are not... Not able to understand the issue. Can anybody throw some light on it??

The Phone was bought from Singapore and is N9005.

Thanks

Last edited by The_Warrior : 4th September 2014 at 11:02. Reason: Phone Details
Old 4th September 2014, 10:59   #19091
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
Do you have more info? Will it be launched in India also today? One of my relative wants to buy a phone within couple of days at around 15K and G2 looks best. I tried to find out other options also but nothing comes close to Motorola these days in terms of reliability, security (sarcasm towards likes of MI) and VFM.
You can read further here: http://www.india.com/whatever/moto-g...twatch-137844/

This news and even other news mentioned that Motorola is launching the phone simultaneously in India too.
Old 4th September 2014, 11:33   #19092
BHPian

The Moto G2 is expected to have identical specs to the current Moto G, except the bigger display and the new 8MP camera.

I do hope they launch it at the same price point.
Old 4th September 2014, 13:54   #19093
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Warrior View Post
it shows that earphones are connected but in actually they are not... Not able to understand the issue.
Usually happens when some moisture goes into the ports. Blow dry and check if it happens again.
Old 4th September 2014, 15:08   #19094
Senior - BHPian

Flipkart has now officially taken MOTO G out of stock from the site, to make way for Moto G2.

As per the latest update, the G2 will be launched on the 4th Sept evening in Chicago, US and 5th morning in Delhi here.
Old 5th September 2014, 08:47   #19095
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Flipkart has now officially taken MOTO G out of stock from the site, to make way for Moto G2.

As per the latest update, the G2 will be launched on the 4th Sept evening in Chicago, US and 5th morning in Delhi here.
Waited for whole day long and not even a whisper about the launch.

Finally my relative, who is looking for a new phone, told me to get any other phone under 18K so we went in the market. Grand 2, HTC 700 and Xperia C were the close contenders. But all of them looked way inferior against Moto G2. None of the phone comes with Gorilla glass which is biggest drawback in phones having such big screens. And there are other compromises also compared to the MOTO G2. This tells how inferior products are being sold by these big brands at such a big price point. And then we get heavily bloated and laggy user interface in return.

Now its being speculated that the official launch will be today on 5th of Sept. Let's see what happens today.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks