Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2014, 15:28   #19876
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
drop the ZR. Somebody else here had replaced it under warranty. No, the issue is not with a batch. It is common enough on XDA to justify a product recall.
That's sad news, but sounds like advice we should take.
Old 25th November 2014, 16:15   #19877
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
All major apps on my Note 2 got updated to support 5.0. But i don't know yet for sure, if Note 2 itself will get 5.0. Some sites say no and some say yes.
Anyway Samsung always joins the party late, so just wait and watch.
For Android based phones, you may install MS Office which is free. And existing users with apps saved to their Gmail I'd can still install the app.
Old 25th November 2014, 16:30   #19878
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokrish View Post
For Android based phones, you may install MS Office which is free. And existing users with apps saved to their Gmail I'd can still install the app.
I am sorry Gokrish, but I did not get the relation of your post with my original post regarding Android L being available for Note2 or not. Can you please explain?
Old 25th November 2014, 16:45   #19879
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
I have the ZR. Has some wifi BT and NFC issues and the only solution is to replace the handset. Fantastic phone at 25 K when I got it. Look well before choosing any Z series Sony for wifi / BT/NFC problems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
This was my favourite out of the options so far! :(
I have had no such issues. Fantastic phone for sure. Till date the best one I have owned, with unparalleled call quality. And now Sony says it would update the same to L as well. First quarter 2015 (Not that it matters to me much!) Wifi is pretty much functional. No issues till date.
Old 25th November 2014, 16:55   #19880
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
I'm suggesting the 1st gen MotoX that is now available for around 18k on Flipkart. Great value,IMO.

Thad, the Redmi 1s has an OK camera, not great. Low light shots are poor.Given that you want a phone with decent camera,you should look at other phones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
I am sorry Gokrish, but I did not get the relation of your post with my original post regarding Android L being available for Note2 or not. Can you please explain?
I am sorry. My reply was to post no 19831 but wrongly selected your post. Sorry again.
Old 25th November 2014, 19:17   #19881
BHPian

I have a OnePlus One invite. Anyone needs it? It's a global invite and not India specific invite. So you have to use parcel forwarding service and pay customs. Anyone interested reply ASAP. Very few hours left for it to expire

Last edited by chinmaybaikar : 25th November 2014 at 19:41.
Old 25th November 2014, 21:51   #19882
BHPian

Ok another OnePlus One invite post.

I've got my shareable invites (A full 55 days after date of purchase.)

I've got 3 invites for the 64GB version. PM me if you want 'em. Will be given out on a first come first serve basis.

This is not an India-specific invite, so you'll have to get it shipped to a country to which OnePlus has delivery and make arrangements.

These invites expire within 24 hours (I think) of me sharing with you, so please make arrangements before you ask for an invite.

And as for the phone, it brilliant. You cannot get a better phone for 350$. Camera is amazing, it's never lagged till now.

It is 5.5 inch screen plus bezels, so it's kinda big. Just about fits into my jeans pockets.

So ask away!
Old 26th November 2014, 12:45   #19883
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheInterceptor View Post
Ok another OnePlus One invite post.

I've got my shareable invites (A full 55 days after date of purchase.)

I've got 3 invites for the 64GB version. PM me if you want 'em. Will be given out on a first come first serve basis.

This is not an India-specific invite, so you'll have to get it shipped to a country to which OnePlus has delivery and make arrangements.

These invites expire within 24 hours (I think) of me sharing with you, so please make arrangements before you ask for an invite.

And as for the phone, it brilliant. You cannot get a better phone for 350$. Camera is amazing, it's never lagged till now.

It is 5.5 inch screen plus bezels, so it's kinda big. Just about fits into my jeans pockets.

So ask away!
Can these be used to buy from Amazon India? If yes, please send me a invite, I'll PM you my email. Thanks!

Edit: Sorry reread your msg and they will not work for here. Please ignore my request. Thanks!

Last edited by gr8guzzler : 26th November 2014 at 12:49.
Old 27th November 2014, 10:54   #19884
Senior - BHPian

I've spent 2 days with Lollipop now and man does it suck! The usability has gone down. Simply hate it, let me know if anyone knows how to go back to kitkat.

Edit: Using it on Nexus 4

Last edited by fine69 : 27th November 2014 at 10:58.
Old 27th November 2014, 23:42   #19885

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinmaybaikar View Post
Yes it is coming to Amazon but you still need the invite to buy it.

I have ordered a OnePlus One for my uncle on 19th Nov. Comgateway is shipping it to India through DHL which will be delivered by next week probably. So will let you know about the performance.

You need to beg :P The global invites are easy to find but amazon will only accept India specific invites. So if you want one invite and are ready to get it shipped from US using parcel forwarding service and not to forget the customs charges then I can find an invite for you. PM me your email id.
Hey, could you tell/direct me about the process of getting the phone delivered through Comgateway ? Two more things, 1. How much does the shipping additionally cost. 2. Do we incur any import duties when we ship through these services ?
Old 28th November 2014, 08:14   #19886
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
I've spent 2 days with Lollipop now and man does it suck! The usability has gone down. Simply hate it, let me know if anyone knows how to go back to kitkat.

Edit: Using it on Nexus 4
My experience with Lollipop in the last two days has been very different.
-Battery life is around 25% more.
-Phone feels a bit faster. There seems to be better memory optimisation with running apps. There is around 1.2 GB of free RAM in the standard interface.
- Personally I like the new interface in all screens. I love the fact that you can do much more with lock screen now.
- Whichever of the 157 installed apps I have used have worked flawlessly.

My build# LRX21T.

I use Accuweather and Gravity screen but don't have any third party launcher like Aviate.

So far extremely pleased with Lollipop experience on Nexus 4.
Old 28th November 2014, 08:44   #19887
Awaiting Email Confirmation

[APP]Cam on Road

Try Cam on Road(CoR in playstore) app which makes your android as a car dvr.
It has all the good features like clip protection in case of a crash, GPS and speed data overlay, customization of video loop size, 2GB of cloud storage free, if you choose to record in 480p. Not very sure of the AR navigation feature as I am yet to try it. It also records in background so you can use other navigation apps while recording. It does consume a bit of energy so a phone charger/external battery is necessary.
Old 28th November 2014, 12:25   #19888
BHPian

So finally the Oneplus One shipment reached me. The customs guys did open it up to check the contents but DHL sealed it back.
The total cost breakup is:
Phone cost : 23373
Comgateway shipping : 1854
Custom duty : 2843
Not bad isn't it?
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-1417157674691.jpg
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-1417157696726.jpg
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-1417157710953.jpg
Old 28th November 2014, 13:21   #19889
BHPian

Good news for all looking for Oneplus One invite. There is some offer going on and you don't need an invite if you buy it today. https://oneplus.net/one

Thought it might be helpful for people looking for an invite.
Old 28th November 2014, 17:28   #19890
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
Good news for all looking for Oneplus One invite. There is some offer going on and you don't need an invite if you buy it today. https://oneplus.net/one

Thought it might be helpful for people looking for an invite.
they don't ship to India now

Most Viewed