Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2014, 02:16   #19921
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Pre-Ordered Moto G2 for my dad from flipkart yesterday. It was out of stock, so will get the phone in around one week. Price - Rs. 12,999.

Just wanted to know if MotoG2 really requires screen guard and body cover? Being protected with gorilla glass 3? Or should I order screen guard and cover also separately.
If not a screen guard, but a back cover is a must for Moto range of phones.
They have this felt rubber back. Like those soft feel rubberish back. This is very prone to scratches and deep gashes in due course of time. So get a back cover.

No comments for Gorilla glass. Upto you how much you believe that a Gorilla glass scratch resistant. For me, every damn glass get scratchs, be it a gorilla or a monkey glass. (Gorilla lovers, please don't bash me)
Old 2nd December 2014, 14:10   #19922
BHPian

Anybody got a India specific OnePlusOne invite to share? Was thinking of upgrading my Nexus 4.
Old 2nd December 2014, 14:20   #19923
BHPian

If anyone has an India specific OnePlusOne invite and can share, please do the needful. After much thought, I have finally decided to upgrade from my HTC One X+!

Parallel talk -
Managed to complete the purchase of a Xiaomi Note (for my dad), moments ago. First impressions of the RedMi1S (mom's) were good and so, could trust Xiaomi again with the Note.

Last edited by MetalBuff : 2nd December 2014 at 14:43.
Old 2nd December 2014, 14:23   #19924
BHPian

Add me to the queue too incase anyone has India specific invites
Old 2nd December 2014, 15:45   #19925
Senior - BHPian

OnePlus One 64GB launched in India for Rs. 21,999/- on Amazon

Good pricing.

Cheers!
Old 2nd December 2014, 16:27   #19926
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post

Good pricing.

Cheers!
The 16GB OnePlus One is not being launched in India, then?

Just ordered a Redmi Note via Flipkart. Had no issues during the ordering process, Flipkart seems to have learned well from previous flash sales.
Old 2nd December 2014, 16:41   #19927
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post

Good pricing.

Cheers!
I'm not sure its good pricing. Currently using Mi3, bought at 14k. Was seriously considering replacing it with OPO, as I'm not happy with the Mi3 camera (low light performance esp. is below par). But this is how I look at it (after checking out reviews, etc) - both phones are almost at par, save maybe the camera. Reportedly, the cam on OPO is better than Mi3, but not quite up there with other flagships, or even the iPhone 5s. Lastly, the 22k price for OPO is for 64GB, so I get more storage space. But is the extra space and better camera worth this much price difference (let us keep in mind the price of a 32gb SD card is whereabouts of 1k, before we pay so much more for memory)?

I don't think so. Esp, sans Cynogen support. Yes, I could flash it and all, but I'm really done doing all that, and I don't even have the time now. I just want in my daily driver, something that just works, and works well, with minimal bugs. I'm not sure I can trust OPO's own ROM to give me this... esp. in the earlier versions. Anyway, only time will tell.

Worst is that even OPO is not offering dual SIM or removable memory and battery. So even this is not an advantage.

Overall, I think its still Xiaomi that is offering the best value for your buck. And Mi4 is around the corner (dunno how the cam compares with OPO). I'd expect the price to be lot more competitive, given the pricing of the Mi3.

Considering all this, my interest in the Oneplus One has waned much. What do you guys think?

Last edited by Raccoon : 2nd December 2014 at 16:43.
Old 2nd December 2014, 17:50   #19928
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
I'm not sure its good pricing.

I don't think so. Esp, sans Cynogen support. Yes, I could flash it and all, but I'm really done doing all that, and I don't even have the time now.
Considering all this, my interest in the Oneplus One has waned much. What do you guys think?
Well, I still think the pricing is great, but yes, it is a bit of a damp squib that you will not get OTA CM updates. Micromax sure pulled the plug there for OnePlus. Yes, you can still get the incremental updates and install them but nothing like OTA for updates.

Yes, surely interest in the OnePlus has waned big time.
Old 2nd December 2014, 18:26   #19929
BHPian

Lenovo Vibe X2 4G- user feedback any ?

Folks,
was seeing the specs and the photos of the newly launched Lenovo Vibe X2 4G .
Pls share your views if the phone is worth upgrading from my MotoG ( 1st Gen) ?

Any user experience will be highly appreciated . Thanks.
Old 2nd December 2014, 20:32   #19930
Senior - BHPian

ZTE Grand SII has been launched in India. 5.5"FHD, Snapdragon 800 processor at ₹13999 exclusively through Amazon. An excellent phone in the sub ₹15k price range.
Old 2nd December 2014, 21:20   #19931
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Well, I still think the pricing is great, but yes, it is a bit of a damp squib that you will not get OTA CM updates. Micromax sure pulled the plug there for OnePlus. Yes, you can still get the incremental updates and install them but nothing like OTA for updates.

Yes, surely interest in the OnePlus has waned big time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
I'm not sure its good pricing. Currently using Mi3, bought at 14k. Was seriously considering replacing it with OPO, as I'm not happy with the Mi3 camera (low light performance esp. is below par). But this is how I look at it (after checking out reviews, etc) - both phones are almost at par, save maybe the camera. Reportedly, the cam on OPO is better than Mi3, but not quite up there with other flagships, or even the iPhone 5s. Lastly, the 22k price for OPO is for 64GB, so I get more storage space. But is the extra space and better camera worth this much price difference (let us keep in mind the price of a 32gb SD card is whereabouts of 1k, before we pay so much more for memory)?

I don't think so. Esp, sans Cynogen support. Yes, I could flash it and all, but I'm really done doing all that, and I don't even have the time now. I just want in my daily driver, something that just works, and works well, with minimal bugs. I'm not sure I can trust OPO's own ROM to give me this... esp. in the earlier versions. Anyway, only time will tell.

Worst is that even OPO is not offering dual SIM or removable memory and battery. So even this is not an advantage.

Overall, I think its still Xiaomi that is offering the best value for your buck. And Mi4 is around the corner (dunno how the cam compares with OPO). I'd expect the price to be lot more competitive, given the pricing of the Mi3.

I'm genuinely surprised at these comments. Cyanogenmod has been a decent but not outstanding ROM all these years. It's quite plain jane. It lacks many of the gorgeous farkles and thoughtful additions of miui (eg data counter). It is still quite basic. You should get the OTA from 1+ also over time. The rom should not be too different and will be again quite minimalistic like cm. So what are you really losing? The CM brand?
Old 2nd December 2014, 21:43   #19932
Senior - BHPian

I had been trying for the Redmi 1s casually from the start of flash sales, with an undecided mind. But 3 months later I took a plunge and wanted it seriously; and I got it as the rush had come down.

Last edited by moralfibre : 5th December 2014 at 08:41. Reason: Editing post since quoted post has been deleted.
Old 3rd December 2014, 02:47   #19933
Distinguished - BHPian

I got my (as opposed to my wife's) Asus Fonepad 2014 this morning, and charges it up while we went shopping.

There's always some "improvement" in technology that turns out to be a wretched nuisance and, my example of the day is the USB connectivity: MTP.

Hello developers: whatever was wrong with just plugging in the device and being able to see the file system on my PC? Did you have to improve it?

Anyway, there's am update for Ubuntu 12.04 that handles it.

Suspect that I'd like to root this device. Will wait a while, just in case of early warranty claims.

Things that are better about it than Mrs G's... It's blue. It cost 2k less.
Old 3rd December 2014, 11:08   #19934
BHPian

Have a OnePlus One India specific invite(valid for next 24 Hrs) which can be claimed and Phone bought from Amazon India for Giveaway. Please PM me your emaild ID if you need the same (first PM gets it, please claim as soon as you get as I have only one invite and would really like someone to utilise it) . Only condition once you buy the phone & if you get more invites, please share with Team-Bhp members

There are two steps to placing an order once you receive an invite:
Step 1: Claiming an invite - Once you receive an invite, you will need to claim it on the OnePlus website.
To claim -
1. Click on the link in the email. This will redirect you to the OnePlus website
2. Create an OnePlus account or login to your existing OnePlus Account.
3. Click on the CLAIM button to activate your invite.
Step 2: Ordering -
1. Once you claim the Invite Code on the OnePlus website, it is active.
2. You can then use the same code to complete your purchase on the Amazon.in website (as long as it is valid).
To place an order -
1. Go to amazon.in/oneplus
2. Sign in and enter your invite code.
3. Add the item to cart and checkout.
4. If you have just claimed it and you receive an error, please wait a few minutes for the status to be updated on Amazon.in and try again.

Oneplus One Invite given away to member patron

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 12th December 2014 at 08:19.
Old 3rd December 2014, 13:59   #19935
BHPian

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

If anyone gets a oneplusone phone invite and doesn't require it, please tell me. I would like to get that phone. Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks