Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2015, 16:04   #20371

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Hey Everyone,

Have been trying real hard, but my luck seems to be really really bad.
Want to buy a OnePlus One from the day it was launched but have never been blessed with any invites. Anybody with an India specific invite, please help !
Old 12th January 2015, 16:45   #20372
BHPian

Anybody interested in an OnePlusOne invite can pm me. I have one valid for next 24 hours. Its for the global version (not India)
Old 12th January 2015, 22:08   #20373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenomad View Post
Guys, Need feedback on power banks. I see two popular ones (based on reviews) in India are Mi 10400 mAH (FlipKart) and ihave ia1310 Boss 10000mAH Power Bank (Amazon) but no reviews of them outside india. Need something reliable and compact as I am a heavy user and frequently run out of power.
I have the MI 10400mAH. Its build is exceptional and looks very premium. BUT, it is heavy and not something you may want to carry all day. You'd be better off with the 5200mAH version.

BTW, buy MI powerbank only from Flipkart. Some sites like Snapdeal are selling cheaper, but they might be fake. Yes, even MI has counterfeiters.
Old 12th January 2015, 23:16   #20374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
I have the MI 10400mAH. Its build is exceptional and looks very premium.
Thanks. I am thinking of probably holding off the purchase till 16k mAH is out by MI, as I want to support the iPad as well. 10400 may not have the juice for the iPad and haven't seen good power banks in India that support upwards of 10k mAH. Otherwise, let me know
Old 13th January 2015, 09:44   #20375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Install the app called "Network Speed", open the app and tick mark all the check boxes. You will have detailed info about your network connection on your notification all the time.
Thanks. This is one reason to be in the Android world - "there is an app for everything". BTW there was no issue with the phone, it was the reception in my area.
Old 13th January 2015, 10:07   #20376
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenomad View Post
Guys, Need feedback on power banks...as I am a heavy user and frequently run out of power.
Try one of these, Anker is a very good brand
http://www.amazon.in/Anker-14400mAH-...keywords=anker

http://www.amazon.in/Anker-15000mAh-...keywords=anker

http://www.amazon.in/Anker-12000mAh-...keywords=anker

Personally, I own the 15000 mAh one for last 6 months or so & have never run out of power for a week's time (I bought that to charge my GoPro batteries)

But here's some math based on the phone...
I've 4000mAh phone; considering the power bank to be 80% efficient, I can get 12000mAh from a fully charged one, so, I can charge my phone 3 times. Considering my phone to withstand for 2.5 days with all GPS & WiFi turned on, 3 times is like 2.5 X 3 = easily a week's time on road without power.
Old 13th January 2015, 10:43   #20377
BHPian

Hello people. I am looking to buy smartphone under 7.5k for home usage. Don't like the Redmi 1s. So ruled that out.

What do you'll think about the Android One phones? And which is the better of the three Android One's? Apart from the Android One's I plan to go for the Moto E, because I find it is the best overall in this price bracket. Can you'll please suggest me which one I should go for?

Need to buy it today itself, so quite urgent. Thanks.

-Bhargav
Old 13th January 2015, 11:01   #20378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane_Power View Post
Hello people. I am looking to buy smartphone under 7.5k for home usage. Don't like the Redmi 1s. So ruled that out.

What do you'll think about the Android One phones? And which is the better of the three Android One's? Apart from the Android One's I plan to go for the Moto E, because I find it is the best overall in this price bracket. Can you'll please suggest me which one I should go for?

-Bhargav

I use the Moto E as a 2nd/ backup phone and IMHO its the best phone at this price point. I bought mine for INR 5.5K on Flipkart's Big Billion Day sale.

Positives:
  1. UI Speed & Smoothness
  2. Screen Quality
  3. Battery Life
  4. Build Quality
  5. Cellular Network/ WiFi Reception

Negatives:
  1. Camera (slow and poor quality images)
  2. Lack of LED Torch/ Flash

Hope it helps, cheers.

Last edited by maglev : 13th January 2015 at 11:03.
Old 13th January 2015, 12:01   #20379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

-Bhargav
Hi,

Moto E is the best in its class. No doubt about it and as stated above those are the only known negatives in that phone.

If you can slightly stretch your budget, Moto G 1st Gen is back on FK for 8999/-

I know you have mentioned 7500/- quite clearly. But IF you can mange to stretch for G, its a lot better.
Attached Thumbnails
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-1421130699773.jpg  

Old 13th January 2015, 12:15   #20380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Hi,

Moto E is the best in its class .... G, its a lot better.
Quote:
Hello people. I am ..... Thanks.

-Bhargav

Agree with Harsh, I would have picked up Moto G, just for that LED torch but unfortunately it wasn't available when I was planning to buy it.

If you can, you should get the Moto G, if you can live with 8GB internal storage without an SD card slot.
Old 13th January 2015, 13:52   #20381
BHPian

Guys with 1st Gen Moto G can upgrade to lollipop. The soak test ota links have been captured. Find them on XDA in Moto G General section. I am using it since yesterday and its smooth. Improvement in the battery usage. Overall its worth an upgrade
Old 13th January 2015, 14:57   #20382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinmaybaikar View Post
Guys with 1st Gen Moto G can upgrade to lollipop. The soak test ota links have been captured. Find them on XDA in Moto G General section. I am using it since yesterday and its smooth. Improvement in the battery usage. Overall its worth an upgrade
On a related note, did anyone try flashing Redmi 1S with any Lollipop based ROM. If yes, please share the details (where to get), experience and if worth upgrading from CM11 ROM.

Thanks.
Old 13th January 2015, 14:58   #20383
Senior - BHPian

Anyone purchase the Yu mobile today on Amazon.in? I tried but site crashed.
Old 13th January 2015, 15:30   #20384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Hi,

Moto E is the best in its class. No doubt about it and as stated above those are the only known negatives in that phone.

If you can slightly stretch your budget, Moto G 1st Gen is back on FK for 8999/-
Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
Agree with Harsh, I would have picked up Moto G, just for that LED torch but unfortunately it wasn't available when I was planning to buy it.
Thank You guys. Ok, then I am going for the Moto G. Don't mind stretching the budget by that much if I am getting a better phone. Thanks for brining it to my notice.

-Bhargav
Old 13th January 2015, 15:41   #20385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIched'Out View Post
On a related note, did anyone try flashing Redmi 1S with any Lollipop based ROM. If yes, please share the details (where to get), experience and if worth upgrading from CM11 ROM.

Thanks.
No idea about 1S but I am sure someone on XDA might have done. I'll suggest you stick with CM11 for some days till the ROMs go stable for daily use.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks