Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2015, 16:28   #21196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
For a heavy use use case, the zenfone 2 is worth checking out. With 4gb ram, initial reviews indicate it can handle anything you can throw at it. Especially heavy duty games.
Yes. Everyone is saying the same. I'll be taking my phone on my birthday i.e 11th June. Have ruled out the Samsung Note 3 as everyone told not to buy it. Have increased my budget till 23k.

Phones considered presently:
• HTC Desire 826
• One Plus One
• Asus Zenfone 2, Rs.14,999/- variant(Don't think 4GB RAM will be needed)

Any other suggestions are welcomed.

Regards,
Swapnil
Old 27th April 2015, 11:51   #21197
Team-BHP Support

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

This time the battery lasted me 110 hours before hitting 10% mark, time to charge. I have multiple emails, wifi, BT, FB, whatsapp & location service active. I just use the stamina mode of Sony, which disables data while screen is off. Since I am mostly in front of PC, I don't need instant update on the mobile.

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-battery.png
Old 27th April 2015, 21:50   #21198
Senior - BHPian

I purchased the Moto G second gen in the Flipkart sale today for Rs 9899.00. Delivery expected tomorrow.

Rs 2000.00 discount offered by Flipkart sale. While making payment, noticed another 10% discount (Rs 1100.00) can be had if I paid through an SBI card. I did not have one, so a friend came to the rescue and paid through his card, and I transferred the money to him. Also bought a sandisk 16 GB midcro SD card for Rs 519.00. Looking for a good cover now!
Old 28th April 2015, 05:50   #21199
BHPian

Hello guys, One of my friend yesterday ordered a Galaxy Note 4 from ebay india with seller warranty. The variant is N910K that is Korean variant. The seller said that the phone is factory unlocked and brand new. My friend showed me the pics of the phone that the seller had sent. Phone is brand new but only thing that was bothering me is the olleh logo on the back of the phone. So I went to know why is the carrier logo of olleh present on the back of the phone even though it's factory unlocked. Please clear my doubts.
Old 28th April 2015, 09:11   #21200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Hello guys, One of my friend yesterday ordered a Galaxy Note 4 from ebay india with seller warranty. The variant is N910K that is Korean variant. The seller said that the phone is factory unlocked and brand new. My friend showed me the pics of the phone that the seller had sent. Phone is brand new but only thing that was bothering me is the olleh logo on the back of the phone. So I went to know why is the carrier logo of olleh present on the back of the phone even though it's factory unlocked. Please clear my doubts.
I suggest you cancel the order ASAP, if you can. Buy the phone from either Flipkart or Amazon. I do not trust Ebay from my own personal experience. Ebay is too wide open to any tom,dick & harry seller in the world and you never what you are going to get.
Old 28th April 2015, 09:19   #21201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
I suggest you cancel the order ASAP, if you can. Buy the phone from either Flipkart or Amazon. I do not trust Ebay from my own personal experience. Ebay is too wide open to any tom,dick & harry seller in the world and you never what you are going to get.
Sorry forgot to mention that the seller had written that it is an imported model and he had mention the model number as well. The seller is a power seller and has given 2 months hardware and software warranty.
Old 28th April 2015, 09:44   #21202
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
I bought two 25K phone from eBay this month and extremely happy with the price and the product. You just need to make sure the seller has high reputation.
Old 28th April 2015, 09:46   #21203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I bought two 25K phone from eBay this month and extremely happy with the price and the product. You just need to make sure the seller has high reputation.
Absolutely! You need to verify the seller well, before placing any order. But I would still not buy 50k worth Note-4 from Ebay. I would prefer spending a little more and go to a store than buy from Ebay. Its my personal choice and also seen issues with my friends'/relatives' orders.
Old 28th April 2015, 11:26   #21204
BHPian

Quote:
Phone bought from a carrier, either locked or unlocked, would still have the carrier logo. Most such "unlocked" phones are often bought locked but unlocked later.

I would be wary of buying such carrier branded phones. They are often loaded with carrier bloatware on top of the manufacturer bloatware. Moreover OS updates are through the carriers and they are notorious for being late with updates or giving no updates at all.

Also, I would stay away from ebay for buying any branded stuff. But if your friend knew what he was getting into, and the risks involved, it is fine.
Old 28th April 2015, 12:21   #21205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
I don't know if it makes sense to buy a N5 now. Any other worthy alternatives. Not extremely keen on the OPO. The Moto X2 reviews aren't very positive, with respect to it not being a sturdy phone.
I have dropped mine X2 once on hard floor and the glass survived the accident. I've been using the phone since dec'14 without any scratch-guard and till now not a single scratch on the glass 'touchwood'. Glass is glass, if its your bad-luck then it will wreck after an slightest of impact, or else it may survive even toughest accident. don't think much about accidental damages, they are not in our hands.

If you haven't yet made the decision then this XDA users thread comparing N5 and MotoX2 may help you in making decision.

MotoX ownership is completely different experience altogether compared to any other phone available right now (except it's own brother Moto Turbo).

BTW MotoX2 price has dropped by Rs 3,000 so this 'smarter' smartphone has now become much more VFM.

Last edited by tbppjpr : 28th April 2015 at 12:31.
Old 28th April 2015, 12:29   #21206
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I have a galaxy Note 2.
But it shows up as N910C. Why? Because I am using a custom ROM based on 4.4.4 Korean version.
It works perfectly.

N910K is Galaxy note 4 of Korea. If its unlocked, worst case, you may need to ROOT it, wipe it, and flash a new 5.0 based firmware to make it work.

Depends on the price though.
Old 28th April 2015, 13:06   #21207
D4D
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil_Alto View Post

Any other suggestions are welcomed.

Regards,
Swapnil
With CM, one plus one is the best out there, irrespective of your budget. It's simply very good to use with 3 gigs of ram. Don't worry about 4 GB of ram Asus offers.
Old 28th April 2015, 13:19   #21208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
I've been using the phone since dec'14
Hey, thats true about the glass bit. Not a major deterrent per se. I usually am quite careful with my phone. There are two Motorola's at home, a Moto G2 and a 2013 Moto X. Pretty happy with both. Other thing I wanted to check back with you, is about the battery life of the X2. I've read some contradicting reviews online ranging from 1.5 days to requires to be charged twice a day. As per you, how would you rate the battery life, for moderate use. Thanks in advance.
Old 28th April 2015, 13:46   #21209
Senior - BHPian

Folks, query.

How is Xiaomi Note 4G ?
I am seeing mixed reviews on the internet.

Some good reviews:
- Good hardware, good performance
- 2 GB ram is a booster
- Lucrative pricing

Some bad reviews:
- Camera hangs up the phone. Poor performance of camera.
- Screen turning yellow
- Heating up if mobile data / wifi is ON whole day.

How is the a.s.s ? Where are their offices in Bangalore ? Are they friendly (ease of access, diagnostics) like Samsung ?

I own a Galaxy Grand Neo, and wish to upgrade. I am also keeping an eye on Moto G 2nd Gen. Lesser specs than Xiaomi Note, but its an overall tested product with no flaws.
Old 28th April 2015, 14:24   #21210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Folks, query.

How is Xiaomi Note 4G ?
I am seeing mixed reviews on the internet.

Some good reviews:
- Good hardware, good performance
- 2 GB ram is a booster
- Lucrative pricing

Some bad reviews:
- Camera hangs up the phone. Poor performance of camera.
- Screen turning yellow
- Heating up if mobile data / wifi is ON whole day.

How is the a.s.s ? Where are their offices in Bangalore ? Are they friendly (ease of access, diagnostics) like Samsung ?

I own a Galaxy Grand Neo, and wish to upgrade. I am also keeping an eye on Moto G 2nd Gen. Lesser specs than Xiaomi Note, but its an overall tested product with no flaws.
I have been using Note 4G for past couple of months. My personal experience is as below

Positives
1) Excellent Battery life - When i say excellent, it is really for an Android phone
2) The processor is fast, 2GB RAM helps of course
3) Soon getting an upgrade to Android Lollipop
4) The picture quality of main camera (13 MP) is good. Selfie is also ok (not bad)
5) Lots of themes available, if you like to play around with the look and feel of UI
6) Overall I would say, at THIS price it is a great package

Negatives
1) It is Heavy - Well if you have used Samsung or other sophisticated brands, this definitely feels slightly on heavier side, though it is very sturdy.
2) A slight delay / time lag in secondary camera.
3) No headset is provided.
4) Charger looks sub-standard
5) They have their custom UI called MIUI which is basically Android customised. they keep releasing small upgrades without significant changes with huge size (550 MB), if you have unlimited data then need not worry
6) Though have not faced any issues, so not sure about their service centres, but i guess the local market should be able to service the handset easily in case any trouble arises. In Mumbai most of the roadside vendors have the knowhow about MI phones

Have not faced any heating issues. The phone has not hung up so far

All in all no major issues, does all the basic things expected from an Android phone very efficiently. The only grudge is they are taking too long in releasing Android Lollipop.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks