Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2015, 11:20   #21526
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Anyone here who has been using the Hotmail App? The App is now upgraded to Outlook which doesn't notify me when i receive an email. Same is the case with another app which i am using, Connect for Hotmail! Although i have ticked the notifications but i believe the problem is with the app. I have to open the app & hit refresh & only then do i come to know whether i have received an email or not!

Last edited by PPS : 7th July 2015 at 11:24.
Old 7th July 2015, 13:04   #21527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Anyone here who has been using the Hotmail App? The App is now upgraded to Outlook which doesn't notify me when i receive an email. Same is the case with another app which i am using, Connect for Hotmail! Although i have ticked the notifications but i believe the problem is with the app. I have to open the app & hit refresh & only then do i come to know whether i have received an email or not!
I use the app for outlook and I don't see any problems in notification. have you checked your sync settings if they are set to automatic? usually this will happen if they are in manual mode, when you open the app it will sync emails
Old 7th July 2015, 21:54   #21528
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyf1 View Post
I use the app for outlook and I don't see any problems in notification. have you checked your sync settings if they are set to automatic? usually this will happen if they are in manual mode, when you open the app it will sync emails
It is very much synched. Notifications are also ticked.
I only get a notification if am connected to wi-fi, when its on mobile data i get no notifications at all! Seems to be an app issue since this is a new app.

I also use Connect for Hotmail which again doesn't notify me when i receive emails. But when i tried to verify my account, it says incorrect email or password! Although i can see my emails when i open the app.
Old 7th July 2015, 22:06   #21529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
It is very much synched. Notifications are also ticked.
I only get a notification if am connected to wi-fi, when its on mobile data i get no notifications at all! Seems to be an app issue since this is a new app.

I also use Connect for Hotmail which again doesn't notify me when i receive emails. But when i tried to verify my account, it says incorrect email or password! Although i can see my emails when i open the app.
It does seems to be a bug for many users.Saw the reviews in play store. Works fine on my S6 edge.. I use my corporate active sync account as well but didnt see this issue.. Try clearing your data from application manager and reconfiguring your accounts. Or use touchdown app.. It is a paid one though but there are many serial keys available online. It works great. Here is a link to configure hotmail with touchdown..

https://support.symantec.com/en_US/a...WTO100368.html
Old 8th July 2015, 03:43   #21530
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
Anyone here with an Android One device that has updated to Lollipop? Can you please post your experience post-update ?
Me. Experience is much better than that with Nexus 7. Lollypop ruined the Nexus experience completely (lags, freezes, etc. Shame on Google!). No such lags on Dream Uno. It's quite fast for it's specs. Probably faster than anything else in it's class and bit beyond. However, I really don't like the Lollipop UI on several counts. Too much white everywhere hurts my eyes. Don't like the looks at all either. Some extra animations are nice but design and function feel like a downgrade. If I were you I'd stick with KitKat. Lollypop is the only Android version I regret upgrading to.
Old 8th July 2015, 08:56   #21531
Team-BHP Support

I just bought a Samsung A7 for my mum and synced her Yahoo email to the native Email app on the phone.

It works pretty well, for the most part. The sync settings are set for all emails (right from the beginning, and all folders) to be synced. My mum is particular in how she manages her email: be it deleting unwanted emails or moving emails to specific folders. However, every few days, emails for a few days (ranging from 3 days to a week) show up in Inbox, irrespective of whether they were deleted or moved to specific folders.

Any idea why?
Old 8th July 2015, 09:34   #21532
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post

However, every few days, emails for a few days (ranging from 3 days to a week) show up in Inbox, irrespective of whether they were deleted or moved to specific folders.

Any idea why?
I had the same frustrating problem with both the native app and Google's Gmail app, when I had configured Yahoo Email within these apps. Finally, I removed Yahoo from these and got the Yahoo's Email app itself. It works like a charm and I have had no issues with it.
Old 8th July 2015, 10:13   #21533
Senior - BHPian

Whats a good 10" android tablet with minimum 5MP rear camera and LED flash? LED flash is a must

Is Iball any good? Maximum budget is 30000INR.

We want to buy 250 units and hope to get a discount so stretch a few thousands is alright.

Was thinking about iball slide 1035-q90. Any offering from Samsung with LEd flash in this price range?

Last edited by beejay : 8th July 2015 at 10:15.
Old 8th July 2015, 10:30   #21534
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I just bought a Samsung A7 for my mum and synced her Yahoo email to the native Email app on the phone.

It works pretty well, for the most part. The sync settings are set for all emails (right from the beginning, and all folders) to be synced. My mum is particular in how she manages her email: be it deleting unwanted emails or moving emails to specific folders. However, every few days, emails for a few days (ranging from 3 days to a week) show up in Inbox, irrespective of whether they were deleted or moved to specific folders.

Any idea why?
I access my hotmail (outlook) via the stock email app on LG G3 and so far no issues as mentioned above. I normally sync upto 1 month of email, and have quite a few folders and sub-folders as well. And my phone contact list is also synced via the same account.
Old 8th July 2015, 10:40   #21535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
Whats a good 10" android tablet with minimum 5MP rear camera and LED flash? LED flash is a must

Is Iball any good? Maximum budget is 30000INR.

We want to buy 250 units and hope to get a discount so stretch a few thousands is alright.

Was thinking about iball slide 1035-q90. Any offering from Samsung with LEd flash in this price range?

You can consider the Galaxy Tab S 8.4 for that price point. (may cost a bit more)

The screen may be a bit smaller, but it is a gorgeous AMOLED, and the rest of the specs are simply brilliant as well.
Old 8th July 2015, 15:29   #21536
Senior - BHPian

Just succesfully (Phew!) placed order for Lenovo K3 Note.

Hoping the 10k phone lives upto the expectations
Old 8th July 2015, 17:02   #21537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Me. Experience is much better than that with Nexus 7. Lollypop ruined the Nexus experience completely (lags, freezes, etc. Shame on Google!). No such lags on Dream Uno. It's quite fast for it's specs. Probably faster than anything else in it's class and bit beyond. However, I really don't like the Lollipop UI on several counts. Too much white everywhere hurts my eyes. Don't like the looks at all either. Some extra animations are nice but design and function feel like a downgrade. If I were you I'd stick with KitKat. Lollypop is the only Android version I regret upgrading to.
Aah, thanks. I thought I was the only Android One owner here on the forums. Is Lollipop as fluid as KitKat is on these devices? I like some of the features of Lollipop one of which is the ability to set sounds on Priority - decide who gets to disturb you, silencing everyone else. I use a custom launcher (Nova Prime) so I get to disable some of the white-everywhere features.

Lollipop killed my MotoG and ruined my Nexus 7 (2012). However, really happy with Dirty Unicorns Lollipop ROM on Nexus 7.
Old 8th July 2015, 18:16   #21538
BHPian

Re: Side loaded videos on Nexus 4

Why isn't my 'Nexus 4'/5.1.1 not recognizing/playing my side loaded videos? They are all in .mp4 format.

What is that, am missing here?
Old 8th July 2015, 18:36   #21539
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
Aah, thanks. I thought I was the only Android One owner here on the forums. Is Lollipop as fluid as KitKat is on these devices? I like some of the features of Lollipop one of which is the ability to set sounds on Priority - decide who gets to disturb you, silencing everyone else. I use a custom launcher (Nova Prime) so I get to disable some of the white-everywhere features.

Lollipop killed my MotoG and ruined my Nexus 7 (2012). However, really happy with Dirty Unicorns Lollipop ROM on Nexus 7.
Wouldn't be able to give you a comparative comment as the device was upgraded to lollypop without really using KitKat. All I can say is what I said - the device is really snappy with lollipop, given its specs.

Gotta find time to do the custom ROM thing again for Nexus. And I bought it just because I didn't want to start doing all that again. Really annoyed with Google. They should be sued for ruining a perfectly usable device. Hope to maybe get a Windows tab next.
Old 9th July 2015, 11:50   #21540
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
I had the same frustrating problem with both the native app and Google's Gmail app, when I had configured Yahoo Email within these apps. Finally, I removed Yahoo from these and got the Yahoo's Email app itself. It works like a charm and I have had no issues with it.
I'll try that.

Last I used the Yahoo app, it wasn't very quick or easy to navigate. Is it any better than the native Samsung email app?

Most Viewed