Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2015, 13:56   #21556
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Is HTC Desire 816 4G compatible?

I was planning to switch to 4G airtel connection. The tariff rates are same I guess.
http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_desire_816-6073.php

Seems so. 816G isnt. which one do u own?
Old 15th July 2015, 14:12   #21557
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Has anyone used the InFocus M530?
http://www.snapdeal.com/offers/infocus-m530

Asking for my sister whose an android fan - the rear camera OIS and front camera AF is a segment topping feature.
How do you even find names of such phones or even the company itself?

I can see lot of fresh reviews online now for this phone (obviously no first hand experience).
But I have a feeling that the phone is not as good as the specs indicate.
For example, the 3100 mAh battery - that should last for 1.5 days with moderate usage. I see review reports which seem to indicate to me that true capacity may be lesser.
Again, the front 13 Mp camera should have produced astonishing photos. I don't see anyone saying that ('above average' is the word used).

One reviewer mentioned that the build quality is OK (for the price). So, I think what is implied is: use a good case for the phone.
Old 15th July 2015, 14:17   #21558
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post

I can see lot of fresh reviews online now for this phone (obviously no first hand experience).
For example, the 3100 mAh battery - that should last for 1.5 days with moderate usage. I see review reports which seem to indicate to me that true capacity may be lesser.
Again, the front 13 Mp camera should have produced astonishing photos. I don't see anyone saying that ('above average' is the word used).

One reviewer mentioned that the build quality is OK (for the price). So, I think what is implied is: use a good case for the phone.
Well, honestly speaking - most of these reviews are paid reviews. Just do a simple check of a freelancing site like freelancer and you will see umpteen requirements for writing reviews. All shadow reviews obviously. I've given up reading reviews unless it at least mentions that the person has purchased it.
Old 15th July 2015, 14:25   #21559
Senior - BHPian

Pushed my sis towards the MI4 - let's see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post

Infocus is a big player in projectors. Their name came up since m530 is the cheapest OIS equipped phone today!

The front camera takes decent photos even in the HTC Desire Eye, my benchmark for front cameras. So in 11k I don't expect much more. the same phone from MI would've been lapped up.

Last edited by phamilyman : 15th July 2015 at 14:35.
Old 15th July 2015, 14:30   #21560
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_desire_816-6073.php

Seems so. 816G isnt. which one do u own?
Yes mine is 816.

On GSM arena, LTE standard is mentioned to be available with the phone. But on official HTC site I can't find LTE.

Is LTE also referred by HSPA+?

http://www.htc.com/in/smartphones/htc-desire-816/#/
Old 15th July 2015, 14:49   #21561
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Is LTE also referred by HSPA+?
HSPA+ is only 3G, not LTE. There are some LTE phones/tablets in India that doesn't support the frequencies in which Airtel is rolling out. Lookout for Band 40 or 2300 Mhz or TDD-LTE in the specifications for Airtel 4G compatibility. Even though Airtel has bought the spectrum in the other FDD-LTE (1800 Mhz) band, lot of infrastructure/capex spend is required to roll-out 4G in this band, hence Airtel is not doing that now.

Where as, in case of Reliance, since it is a greenfield roll out, it will roll-out in the FDD-LTE (1800 Mhz) band.

Airtel's TDD-LTE doesn't supports voice over 4G. In other words, when you are browsing and someone calls you, the phone will switch to 3G or 2G network (based on signal availability) and the 4G data usage will be interrupted. This is cumbersome to the user as the phone needs to keep hunting for 4G/3G/2G networks based on your browsing/calling needs. The call connection time will be higher.

This is not the case with Reliance's FDD-LTE roll out. Here, even voice is carried on 4G waves, so the phone need not switch between 4G and 2G/3G networks. Call connections will be almost immediate. The downside with Reliance 4G is, since they do not have any 2G/3G spectrum, if 4G signal is not available, then it cannot fall back on 2G or 3G.

In short, when buying any 4G device, better buy the one that supports both TDD-LTE and FDD-LTE.
Old 19th July 2015, 13:08   #21562
Senior - BHPian

Need help with an issue on my Nexus 5.

It turned off abruptly last evening and is stuck in a on off loop ever since. I think the battery was around 30% mark when this happened. I tried to turn it on and also get into recovery by holding power+volume up+volume down button but no success there either.

If i plug it in,the LCD comes on and shows Google for 2-3 seconds after which it restarts and the same thing happens.

Anybody faced similar issues ?
Old 19th July 2015, 13:55   #21563
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Hi Shashank,
Keep the phone on charging mode, then repeatedly press the power button very fast, as fast as possible till the home screen appears and the phone stops switching off. Then do a factory reset. Hope you haven't got Lollipopped.
Regards,
The Rationalist.
Old 19th July 2015, 14:25   #21564
BHPian

Is there any app available in playstore for making screen gray scale?
Old 19th July 2015, 15:48   #21565
BHPian

No talk of the OnePlus 2 here? Well folks, keep your eyes open for the 27th July release date :-). Confirmed specs so far are the 4gb ram, fingerprint scanner, 5.7 inch screen, snapdragon 810.
Old 19th July 2015, 17:22   #21566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post
No talk of the OnePlus 2 here? Well folks, keep your eyes open for the 27th July release date :-). Confirmed specs so far are the 4gb ram, fingerprint scanner, 5.7 inch screen, snapdragon 810.
Don't think 5.7' screen is confirmed, some leaks say it would be 5.5' but it'll surely be QHD. There's also a USB-C port and 13MP camera.

Also, the 3rd generation of Moto X and Moto G are likely to be unveiled on the 28th.
Old 19th July 2015, 17:30   #21567
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
Hi Shashank,
Keep the phone on charging mode, then repeatedly press the power button very fast, as fast as possible till the home screen appears and the phone stops switching off. Then do a factory reset. Hope you haven't got Lollipopped.
Regards,
The Rationalist.
Hey thanks for the tip. I just tried this and later also flicked the power button a few times. Unfortunately,both were of no use. Online search results indicate I might have a rather expensive paper weight with me.
My phone got lollipopped long ago and it brought a lot of bugs with it too
Old 19th July 2015, 17:43   #21568
BHPian

Quote:

It turned off abruptly last evening and is stuck in a on off loop ever since. I think the battery was around 30% mark when this happened. I tried to turn it on and also get into recovery by holding power+volume up+volume down button but no success there either.

If i plug it in,the LCD comes on and shows Google for 2-3 seconds after which it restarts and the same thing happens.

If you are getting the Google logo that means your phone is soft bricked. See if you can go into fastboot mode. If yes, then you can reflash the factory firmware. This happens usually when the phone can't detect the bootloader. Did you try flashing any custom firmwares ?
Old 19th July 2015, 17:51   #21569
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hey thanks for the tip. I just tried this and later also flicked the power button a few times. Unfortunately,both were of no use. Online search results indicate I might have a rather expensive paper weight with me.
My phone got lollipopped long ago and it brought a lot of bugs with it too
Take it to the service center. They will be able to help you out at a nominal fee
Old 19th July 2015, 18:41   #21570
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyf1 View Post
If you are getting the Google logo that means your phone is soft bricked. See if you can go into fastboot mode. If yes, then you can reflash the factory firmware. This happens usually when the phone can't detect the bootloader. Did you try flashing any custom firmwares ?
Nope.No unlocked bootloader,flashing custom ROM kernel etc. It was on stock android. The problem is if the phone's plugged-in and I hold volumeup+down+ power button the fastboot menu appears for a second and the phone reboots.
I can't even scroll down to recovery in that time. If its unplugged the phone doesn't respond at all.So I don't think I'll be able to flash stock android again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Take it to the service center. They will be able to help you out at a nominal fee
I'll take it tomorrow first thing. Did you have any luck with going there or do you know anyone who got their phone repaired. Unfortunately the reviews of LG service centre's aren't very good.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks