Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2015, 18:15   #21601
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetorange View Post
Isn't it 5.1 (lollipop )
Oops yeah, it indeed is 5.1.1 L. I lost track of the Android naming after ICS which to me seemed like the best looking Android thus far. The Z3C came with KitKat which was quite fine even though the white settings menu didn't seem as sophisticated. Lollipop has made Android into a complete cartoon.
Old 25th July 2015, 15:49   #21602
mxx
BHPian

Guys using mi4i.
How is the heating issues with the phone after update to fix the same?
Does it heat up on normal usage or gaming now?
I also read about slight lag in UI after update, is this true?

Last edited by mxx : 25th July 2015 at 16:02.
Old 28th July 2015, 09:30   #21603
Distinguished - BHPian

Oneplus 2 launch was supposed to happen today morning at 7:30 AM.
But when I went visited the website, even now it is showing the message shown below
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-capture1.jpg

However, in a Video onthe same page Prices have been revealed
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-capture.jpg
Prices look good...waiting for the Specifications

Edit: Specs revealed too. This is an amazing phone I must say

Flagship Killer in the true sense. It not only kills other phones, but it kills Oneplus one too

151.8 x 74.9 x 9.85 mm
6.17 ounces (175 g)
OxygenOS based on Android 5.1
64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 processor with 1.8GHz Octa-core CPUs
4 GB/3 GB LPDDR4
64 GB/16 GB
Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity and Ambient Light Sensors
Embedded 3,300 mAh LiPo battery
Bluetooth 4.1
13 Megapixel back camera and 5 Megapixel Front
4K resolution video
Display Size5.5 inch
1080p Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels), 401 PPI
Corning Gorilla Glass
USB Type-C
3.5mm Audio Jack
Capacitive / On-screen buttons
2 slots - Nano SIM

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 28th July 2015 at 09:44.
Old 28th July 2015, 11:04   #21604
BHPian

i saw part of the launch. You needed to have installed an app called oneplus launch, which streamed video.

This was probably the first launch with both a google cardboard version (3D on your phone) and a 360 degree video for those who dont have the cardboard. It was definitely interesting!!

So, with google's nexus 2015 about to launch in Aug/Sep, does it seem like the oneplus is better than the nexus 2015? Ofcourse, the spec of the nexus 2015 is not yet known - so what i am asking is whether it is likely that the nexus too has similar spec, and if so, i would rather buy the nexus than the oneplus...

Last edited by deep_bang : 28th July 2015 at 11:05.
Old 28th July 2015, 12:06   #21605
BHPian

Can we now expect a price drop on the original One Plus One ?
Old 28th July 2015, 14:09   #21606
Senior - BHPian

Multiple critical vulnerabilities have been disclosed in Android's media library.
Google has issued patches. Now the manufacturers need to push them down.

Till that time, disable MMS.
Old 28th July 2015, 16:36   #21607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post

Edit: Specs revealed too. This is an amazing phone I must say

Flagship Killer in the true sense. It not only kills other phones, but it kills Oneplus one too
For price its good phone. I am only disappointed by not having NFC. Its not relevant now. But would have become relevant two years. I am sure one doesn't need to change phone every time a newer version is released.

This phone is not a flagship killer. Having finger print sensor alone can not make it a killer. That to become 2016 flagship killer a stretched dream.

Now wait for what MI will release, as well as sub-sequent Nexus 5 releases. Mi4 now looks a great buy for 18K.
Old 28th July 2015, 20:30   #21608
BHPian

^^^
In addition to not having NFC, just checked the Spec, No LTE band for India!

Hmm... Why its available in OPO but not in OPT! I feel its let down for Indians at least.

Note: Apologies for back to back to posting, I have exceeded editing time limits. Mods can you merge these post.

Last edited by RaguHolla : 28th July 2015 at 20:32. Reason: Added reason for back to back posting.
Old 28th July 2015, 21:33   #21609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
^^^

Hmm... Why its available in OPO but not in OPT! I feel its let down for Indians at least.

Note: Apologies for back to back to posting, I have exceeded editing time limits. Mods can you merge these post.
As far as I see it does have LTE. Not sure if I misread anything. Also the specs are a massive upgrade especially considering the price point. NFC to me is just a fancy feature in India. I think of myself as a heavy user and never felt the need for NFC. I would have liked them focus on more health related features though. It may not sway the fruit phone crowd but its going to be a tough game for Android flagships.
Old 29th July 2015, 00:16   #21610
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx View Post
Guys using mi4i.
How is the heating issues with the phone after update to fix the same?
Does it heat up on normal usage or gaming now?
I also read about slight lag in UI after update, is this true?
Heating issue is still there, but not very bothersome. I am not into gaming much, but i do feel the heat while browsing for 15-20 min.

I haven't noticed any UI lag, but the battery is draining fast after i went through an update that came 2 weeks back. There were 2 updated after that, but the battery still drains fast, especially on browser usage. I use chrome and didn't face the issue earlier.

Are other Mi4i users facing the battery drain issue?
Old 29th July 2015, 07:45   #21611
KRN
BHPian

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRN View Post
Thanks. Will then wait for the next gen Moto X. Lots of new phones coming up in next few months, its exciting but making my decision very hard too.

I feel that Motorola has hit it out of the park with the new Moto G and Moto X Play. Any idea if the Moto X Play will be launched in India? If Motorola launches it at a less than 25k price, planning to buy it. The huge battery and camera look very promising!

The One Plus 2 probably has better specs, but I feel that Moto has a slight edge when it comes to software optimisation and providing blazing fast OS upgrades.
Old 29th July 2015, 10:32   #21612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
^^^

I guess only the old implementations of Airtel was on TDD LTE. I am now getting trial signals of JIO and Airtel LTE on an old Lumia 625 with no TDD LTE. I guess the newer implementations are on the better efficient 1800Mhz band. Can someone confirm?
Old 29th July 2015, 11:12   #21613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkumar View Post
As far as I see it does have LTE. Not sure if I misread anything. Also the specs are a massive upgrade especially considering the price point. .
Published spec doesn't have TDD-LTE bands that Airtel and Aircel or Rio use at the moment, which is Band 40(2300).

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
I guess only the old implementations of Airtel was on TDD LTE. Can someone confirm?
I guess you are right, most are rolling out 4G in 1800MHz band now. In addition Oneplus confirmed that Indian Oneplus two has Band 40. So, Yeah!

Quote:
The One Plus 2 probably has better specs, but I feel that Moto has a slight edge when it comes to software optimisation and providing blazing fast OS upgrades.
Moto E first gen updates are awfully slow, as much as only this week Lolipop got upgraded. Though this may be different for Moto X.
Old 29th July 2015, 11:31   #21614
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I feel that Motorola has hit it out of the park with the new Moto G and Moto X Play. Any idea if the Moto X Play will be launched in India? If Motorola launches it at a less than 25k price, planning to buy it. The huge battery and camera look very promising!

Au contraire. Moto will get killed in this iteration. They are going premium again and it will fail (much as I admire them).

X Play is basically a slightly souped up battery version of mid range phones - the Snapdragon 615 is available in 13k in MI4i. Many other phones use this chipset in similar specs in the 15k range.

Only HTC etc charge more for their Desire 820 series, and they aren't moving many volumes.

MotoG3 has similar specs as the Lenovo A6000+ but better camera/water resistance in twice the price (7.5 vs 13k). The 12k version has 1GB RAM. LOLWut were they thinking? Of course, Moto brand will help move volumes but nowhere as many as 2013.
Old 29th July 2015, 13:01   #21615
Senior - BHPian

I was hoping for the screen to be available in a more manageable size of 5". Currently using the 1+1 and the only con is the screen size. Don't think they will come out with a 'compact' version, time to change then.

EDIT IIRC, my phone does have NFC. Are you sure NFC is not there on the +2?

Last edited by khoj : 29th July 2015 at 13:04.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks