Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2015, 23:40   #21751
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Today I faced a strange issue with my new Moto G third gen. Every evening after returning home I switch off 4G data and switch on the Wifi. Today as usual it connected smoothly to my saved Wifi and worked for a while, then suddenly got disconnected. Repeated re-connect attempts were of no use. I made it forget my saved wifi and tried several times to connect again by typing password, but it showed error message as "authentication problem". My son's Moto G 2nd gen and wife's Moto E First gen connected without issues. When I switched to 4G data in my phone, that was working properly.

I then disabled both data and wifi and left the phone alone for some time. Later I connected wifi again and it connected smoothly. What could be the issue?

And one more doubt. Should we switch off data every time before connecting wifi? What will happen if we leave both on? Which will be the default connection?
It must have been a temporary problem with signal reception on your phone. Rebooting works usually. Or connecting manually in settings, as you did.
When you have both Wi-Fi and data on your phone, the system will ALWAYS prefer to use Wi-Fi only. Only when the Wi-Fi signal is too weak to connect or configure network, it may connect back to your data network.
Old 21st August 2015, 23:47   #21752
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
What will happen if we leave both on? Which will be the default connection?
WIFI will take precedence over data, if both are enabled.
Old 26th August 2015, 12:29   #21753
BHPian

Guys,
I got a new Android phone (XOLO One) for my office use. I also have had another Android phone (Micromax A350) for personal use for more than a year now.
Thing is, all the contacts from my personal phone got imported into the office phone automatically. I don't want them in this phone. So, if I delete them from the office phone will they disappear from my personal phone too?
Also, how do I add new contacts to the new phone without it getting carried over to my personal phone?

Thanks in advance.
Old 26th August 2015, 14:38   #21754
BANNED

@BraveArc; Before you do anything disable auto synch/update. Only then can you separate the operations.
Old 26th August 2015, 18:01   #21755
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveArc View Post
Guys,
I got a new Android phone (XOLO One) for my office use. I also have had another Android phone (Micromax A350) for personal use for more than a year now.
Thing is, all the contacts from my personal phone got imported into the office phone automatically. I don't want them in this phone. So, if I delete them from the office phone will they disappear from my personal phone too?
Also, how do I add new contacts to the new phone without it getting carried over to my personal phone?

Thanks in advance.
Are these contacts tied to your Google account?

If yes, they will appear everywhere. If you delete them from one place, they will get deleted everywhere by default.

Sorry if that is not the answer you are looking for.

You could create local contacts which will be only residing on the handset/ device. If you do not back up those contacts manually, and if you lose the device, the contacts are gone.

Edit: You can control which contacts you see on which phone. That way you can hide contacts or groups that you do not want to see. The contacts will still be there on the phone though.

Last edited by S_U_N : 26th August 2015 at 18:02.
Old 26th August 2015, 19:10   #21756
Senior - BHPian

Like SUN said, your best option is to create two google ids. One for office and one which will be personal and those who you would like to have it in your personal phone.

Just download the file from google contacts, edit and create two version. Upload them to the personal and formal id's you want to maintain.

Simply log into the office fone with id 1 and personal fone with id2

I have done this specifically to avoid having whats app in office fone. The new form of nuisance.
Old 29th August 2015, 20:02   #21757
BHPian

Has anybody purchased apps on google Play Store in India? It seems that most debit cards(SBI, HDFC) don't work with it, since they have an additional layer of authentication (securecode).

I have been trying to purchase the PowerAmp Full Version for Rs. 63 from my SBI Debit Card but Play keeps throwing up an error. I would be very grateful if somebody could purchase it for me. I would transfer the amount to you beforehand.
Old 29th August 2015, 20:19   #21758
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by searchingheaven View Post
Has anybody purchased apps on google Play Store in India? It seems that most debit cards(SBI, HDFC) don't work with it, since they have an additional layer of authentication (securecode).

I have been trying to purchase the PowerAmp Full Version for Rs. 63 from my SBI Debit Card but Play keeps throwing up an error. I would be very grateful if somebody could purchase it for me. I would transfer the amount to you beforehand.
I have linked ICICI debit card to play store. No issues till now.
Old 29th August 2015, 21:44   #21759
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
I have linked ICICI debit card to play store. No issues till now.
Has your debit card been configured specifically for International Transactions?
Old 29th August 2015, 22:23   #21760
BHPian

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

I had a problem with my indusind bank visa debit card for both apple app store and google play. I contacted my bank, they resolved the issue for me. So id suggest you to approach the bank to resolve the issue, or use a prepaid virtual or physical credit card, something like entropay. There will be additional costs, but is a decent workaround.

@searchingheaven : I think you can buy a poweramp full version key from their own website also, it was definitely possible in the past, no clue about present status.

Last edited by kkkkkaran : 29th August 2015 at 22:24.
Old 29th August 2015, 22:28   #21761
BHPian

Quote:

Has your debit card been configured specifically for International Transactions?
I think so. Once used it on Aliexpress to purchase some electrical components for wife's project work.
Old 29th August 2015, 23:03   #21762
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Has anybody purchased apps on google Play Store in India? It seems that most debit cards(SBI, HDFC) don't work with it, since they have an additional layer of authentication (securecode). ... ... ...
This is not just Indian cards, my British debit card has the same, except it doesn't happen for all transactions.
Old 30th August 2015, 01:01   #21763
BHPian

Quote:

Use ICICI or Axis bank debit cards. Or simply use a credit card. Virtual credit cards used to work but now they don't. I was stuck trying to open a play developer account and i had to use to my friend's credit card an year ago.
Old 30th August 2015, 07:49   #21764
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
And one more doubt. Should we switch off data every time before connecting wifi? What will happen if we leave both on? Which will be the default connection?
Use a location profile app like Llama which will automatically switch-off mobile data and turn on Wifi once you are home. You can program that location depending on cell tower location.

Last edited by ampere : 30th August 2015 at 08:11.
Old 30th August 2015, 08:10   #21765
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
se a location profile app like Llama which will automatically switch-off mobile data

Doesnt Andorid do this automatically. Mine does and sometimes it goes crazy when i move across floors

Quote:
I actually connected it to a paypal account and the authentication happens via paypal so never had issue with using even a Debit card.

Can you try paisa pay similarly?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks