Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2011, 16:56   #2206
Senior - BHPian

re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
No idea, but from what I read on XDA forums, this version does not include any further updates. So whatever map you load initially(eg in my case India map) will become your final map.
If that is true, it sux big time!!

With things changing fast... like shops, banks and whatever other establishments, and even new roads coming up, etc., etc., maps need to be updated to be useful. :(

If there are indeed no updates, LG has taken us for a bit of a ride.

Last edited by Raccoon : 9th March 2011 at 16:58.
Old 9th March 2011, 16:57   #2207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by livyodream View Post
Is New SGS available in blr ? Where?
If you are staying anywhere near Jayanagar area, then Devendra in jayanagar 4th block has the stock.
Old 9th March 2011, 17:28   #2208
BHPian

Just got my self a liquid metal , went to sun times , jayanagar , bangalore , to upgrade to another nokia - e72 , acer liquid metal was too good for eyes to ignore, had an eye on liquid E ferrari for some time , metal looks more classy in hand when compared to E , costed 19K after discount , after nearly 10 years of being Nokia client shifted to lesser know name acer - , first time had to read the user manual to operate the phone , will keep you all posted on the good and bad things about this liquid metal acer
Old 9th March 2011, 18:12   #2209
BHPian

Price of new LG Optimus one with B & W , down to 10 K on ebay.. good deal ? or is a new version on the way?
Old 9th March 2011, 18:46   #2210
BHPian

SE XPERIA Arc and Neo have gone on pre-order from Flipkart for 29k and 25k respectively. Both come with Gingerbread. The Arc looks good.
Old 9th March 2011, 19:04   #2211
BHPian

Hi All ,

i have ordered MMI maps ( NCR) for 790 , I have been given a download link for a windows installation . Any idea of how to do put it in the Sansung Galaxy 3 ?
Old 9th March 2011, 19:20   #2212
BHPian

Re: LG Optimus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by w 12 View Post
Price of new LG Optimus one with B & W , down to 10 K on ebay.. good deal ? or is a new version on the way?
Yeah, definitely. Just now i came off sangeetha at 9th blk, J'ngr where the best price is INR 11350/- for LG Optimus. Usually web sites always offer better price coz of lesser overheads. But would there be a better deal in any other brick n mortar place?
Old 9th March 2011, 20:36   #2213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Depends on you. Upto you if you would like to keep two map applications. you'll have to decide what suits you best. AFAIK, ndrive maps pre-installed on the Optimus 1 is only a trial version.

Raju, Tanveer : is the pre-loaded ndrive on optimus 1 is a full version or only a trial version?
NDrive pre-installed on Optimus One is the full version. Not a trial. But it has only India map pre-loaded. If you want to use it in US or some other country, you'll have to buy the map for it.
Old 9th March 2011, 21:20   #2214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Yeah, definitely. Just now i came off sangeetha at 9th blk, J'ngr where the best price is INR 11350/- for LG Optimus. Usually web sites always offer better price coz of lesser overheads. But would there be a better deal in any other brick n mortar place?
i think sangeetha is prolly the best bet for prices right now. Way better than chroma and univercel. How much are the Galaxy Ace and Moto Defy going for at Sangeetha?
Old 9th March 2011, 22:16   #2215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool_Kid View Post
Hi All ,

i have ordered MMI maps ( NCR) for 790 , I have been given a download link for a windows installation . Any idea of how to do put it in the Sansung Galaxy 3 ?
1. Download the link and run setup which installs sygic assistant on your PC.
2. Important step - change USB storage mode to mass storage mode, connect phone to PC.
3. Unlock phone (if its locked) and select option to mount the USB mass storage device (using the drop down menu on main screen).
4. Your phone will be displayed in computer with a drive letter
5. Start sygic assistant, it will detect the phone and then select option to install the software with maps to Phone.
6. When you start for first time it will ask for activation key. Go to sygic website and enter the product key MMI sent you in email. This will generate a license for you.
7. Use this license to activate NCR maps.

Hope it helps.
Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Last edited by DCEite : 9th March 2011 at 22:17.
Old 9th March 2011, 22:27   #2216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza View Post
i think sangeetha is prolly the best bet for prices right now. Way better than chroma and univercel. How much are the Galaxy Ace and Moto Defy going for at Sangeetha?
Ace he said some 15K n change. Did not ask about defy. But somehow had this feeling he was more pushy about samsung models, when i was keen on optimus one.
Old 9th March 2011, 23:52   #2217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Ace he said some 15K n change. Did not ask about defy. But somehow had this feeling he was more pushy about samsung models, when i was keen on optimus one.
yeah this place (AXIS PDA store) down the street from me said they would sell the Ace for 14990. Yeah 15k makes sense. I wonder how much i can get for my E72 now.
Old 10th March 2011, 12:04   #2218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza View Post
yeah this place (AXIS PDA store) down the street from me said they would sell the Ace for 14990. Yeah 15k makes sense. I wonder how much i can get for my E72 now.
You should be able to get it a little cheaper. I bought mine a couple of weeks back for Rs 14,500.
Old 10th March 2011, 14:05   #2219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
You should be able to get it a little cheaper. I bought mine a couple of weeks back for Rs 14,500.
Me too got the ACE in Pune for 14500. Check in a few more places, you should get it for this price or maybe even lesser.
Old 10th March 2011, 15:41   #2220
BHPian

Hello,

I have ordered an Orange SF grey from CPW and awaiting delivery. I am keen on installing a custom ROM on my OSF.

Any idea which version of the Froyo 2.2 or Gingerbread 2.3 is efficient and stable without WIFI-3G disconnections and maintains good battery life.

Looking forward to your recommendation and guidance.\

Cheers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks