Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2016, 09:34   #23371
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
What would be better between OPX n MI4?

All i am looking for is good call quality, camera, good sound(like stereo speakers) n battery in that order.
See the post above, plus IMHO mi4 cam >> OPX esp for small children in natural light indoors. If its just for young adults, it doesn't matter.

OPX looks amazing though. If you want outright call quality and are willing to sacrifice camera and battery a bit - consider MotoX2 - 15k on Flipkart! That has outstanding voice quality (4 mics for best ambient noise cancellation!)

For my CM10 S3, I use Pro Capture app. That's a bit better than Snap Camera HDR which is better than stock.
Old 30th April 2016, 10:10   #23372
BHPian

Any good handset for Tata CDMA preferably of good brand for durability with GSM option. Budget around 10-12k slightly adjustable.
Old 30th April 2016, 18:21   #23373
BHPian

My lg g3 got upgraded to Android Marshmallow couple of days back. The random heating incidents are no longer there and the battery life also seems to have improved. So far so good.

It will be interesting to hear of other's feedback on Marshmallow.
Old 30th April 2016, 19:35   #23374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibedk View Post
with few glaring omissions like finger print scanner, camera OIS, stereo speakers( which is available in Moto X Style) and probably looks.

The highlight is the shatter proof display.
i got the 32gb xforce a few days back. initial feedback is good. the battery backup is awesome. i was so accustomed to using both batteries on my g3 and then on the g4, having a phone which easily lasts more than a day is a joy to feel

The turbo charger [25W] is crazy fast. Charges up the phone real fast considering there's 3760 mah to charge.

online pics does not do justice to how good the phone looks. true its no s6 or s7 but am happy with the less flashy look.

Good phone to buy at the new price
Old 30th April 2016, 23:04   #23375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukul32 View Post
Check out memory usage of individual apps to get a better idea. There should be one or two culprits ideally, likely to be newly installed or updated apps.
Also, if you have Facebook, Messenger and Chrome, get rid of all three, as all three are memory and battery hogs. They stay in memory and eat up a lot of RAM. All also inflate to over 100MB each with usage usually. Use Facebook Lite and Opera Mini instead. Facebook Lite is less than 1MB in size, has almost all the functionality, doesn't inflate with usage and doesn't force to install messenger either. Similarly, Opera Mini is less than 5MB in size and has a nifty data saver mode. Both use very little RAM.
PS: Cool theme, by the way.
Got rid of Facebook and Messenger. Runs much better now. Thanks a lot! Using Lite, a breeze to use!

Glad you liked the theme bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Issues like these is why I am now an iPhone fan. I have all apps installed and active and nothing slows down. You can even use Skype for messaging, something that has *now* (1.25 years post purchase) begun to lag while multi-tasking in my wife's OPO. My friend's similar vintage MotoG2

But that said, its time to upgrade to a phone with more RAM. if you'll start uninstalling apps, then there's no point of buying a "smart" phone in the first place.

I'd strongly suggest RN3-3GB RAM/CN3 or even the asus 4GB RAM zenfone2 variants.
Thanks! An upgrade isn't happening this soon, the phone is just year old. :( Agree with your points Sir.
Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
1. See which all apps are running. Uninstall some apps like Facebook. Use Facebook on chrome.
2. Use Greenify for killing (or hibernating) apps.
3. (Most expensive option) Buy a new device. Weren't you already planning to buy a new device some time back?
Thanks a ton!

1. Check
2. Check
3. I was. But that is a bit on a hold right now. Assembling a mid range desktop and parents just won't allow me to buy a phone right now. Fixed a tempered glass protector on the G and its workable right now.

There is a cousin of mine who keeps changing his phones. I am looking forward to taking the Nexus 5X which he is using currently off his hands when he decides to sell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
I would love to see how your phone managed to actually eat all the RAM.

Are you using a nightly build? Is there a newer version available by chance?
I am indeed using a nightly build. After uninstalling FB, RAM has cleared up quite a bit! Will be upgrading to a newer version soon!

Neel
Old 30th April 2016, 23:34   #23376
BHPian

Couple of days back upgraded my S. Note4 to 6,0,1 and again some security upgrade today.
One important thing I noticed is on pulling down the notification bar there used to be shortcut to turn off and on data, wifi, location, etc which was also customizable. The same is not available now with only brightness shortcut. I could not locate the same in settings. Has anybody noticed this?
Old 1st May 2016, 01:16   #23377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
i got the 32gb xforce a few days back. initial feedback is good. the battery backup is awesome. i was so accustomed to using both batteries on my g3 and then on the g4, having a phone which easily lasts more than a day is a joy to feel

The turbo charger [25W] is crazy fast. Charges up the phone real fast considering there's 3760 mah to charge.

online pics does not do justice to how good the phone looks. true its no s6 or s7 but am happy with the less flashy look.

Good phone to buy at the new price
Quick questions mate.

Does it support hybrid slot for 2nd SIM/expandable memory?
Does it come with Andriod M out of box?
Is the screen good enough when compared to S6? Reason being a 3 year old Galaxy S3 still beats a Moto X Style which is double the resolution in sunlight and colors department. Its not bad anyway but as soon as you compare it with the S3 suddenly it seems as if technology hasn't moved much.

Any other thing to take care of? My Moto X sytle has issue with the mike. It has been replaced once already and the second one is not holding up well as well. Need to revisit the service centre and ask them to change the mother board or fix it for ever else may need to write to Motorola directly as its just a 6 month old phone.
Old 1st May 2016, 03:08   #23378
Distinguished - BHPian

Could I request all of you who are sharing good information, not to use short forms for the phone model ? It's getting really difficult to make out the model that some of you are talking about. Frankly kills the purpose of reading through, looking for some help.
Old 1st May 2016, 10:14   #23379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quick questions mate.

Does it support hybrid slot for 2nd SIM/expandable memory?
Yes. it's either a sim or a memory card.

Quote:
Does it come with Andriod M out of box?
Mine did.

Quote:
Is the screen good enough when compared to S6? Reason being a 3 year old Galaxy S3 still beats a Moto X Style which is double the resolution in sunlight and colors department. Its not bad anyway but as soon as you compare it with the S3 suddenly it seems as if technology hasn't moved much.
Have not used a samsung device since the days of c100 [years and years ago ] but this is my first amoled experience so am happy.

Quote:
Any other thing to take care of? My Moto X sytle has issue with the mike. It has been replaced once already and the second one is not holding up well as well. Need to revisit the service centre and ask them to change the mother board or fix it for ever else may need to write to Motorola directly as its just a 6 month old phone.
Phone does heat up during charging but that's due to the turbo charger. charges fast as heck. the back is grippy but the side metal is a bit too smooth. looking to buy an urban armor case for better grip.

Battery backup is awesome.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 2nd May 2016 at 07:30. Reason: Please avoid responses within quotes. It is hard to respond and quote posts with inline responses. Thanks!
Old 1st May 2016, 15:00   #23380
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Could I request all of you who are sharing good information, not to use short forms for the phone model ? It's getting really difficult to make out the model that some of you are talking about. Frankly kills the purpose of reading through, looking for some help.

So you don't want me to write about my MXP?*

Very wise, and I agree entirely. In fact there are many abbreviations and short forms that I wish people would spell out rather than assuming that we all know them. I too ask people to remember that what is obvious to some may not be obvious to a lot of others.

*Motorola X Play

~

Last edited by bblost : 1st May 2016 at 16:43. Reason: as requested
Old 1st May 2016, 16:19   #23381
BHPian

Team, I had kept my Lenovo A6000+ for charging in office. Meanwhile I noticed some tubelights flickering. Could be voltage fluctuation. After some time when I took the phone and switched on the screen flickered for a second and the phone died. It's still in warranty period. What could be the damage?
Does Lenovo service centre in chennai help?
Old 1st May 2016, 16:44   #23382
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Could be voltage fluctuation. ... ... ... It's still in warranty period. What could be the damage?
Does Lenovo service centre in chennai help?
Just take it and say your phone is dead. Do not volunteer reasons for them not to cover it under warranty!
Old 1st May 2016, 17:41   #23383
BHPian

Redmi Note 3 users - I am facing the below issues:

1. Auto Brightness- Sometimes the brightness is too low
2. Camera App closes while opening it. This is occasional and reboot fixes it.

Anybody else facing the same issue. Also I am not able to move to developer rom because the boot loader is locked. Anybody tried flashing developer rom?
Old 1st May 2016, 18:52   #23384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Redmi Note 3 users - I am facing the below issues:

1. Auto Brightness- Sometimes the brightness is too low
2. Camera App closes while opening it. This is occasional and reboot fixes it.

Anybody else facing the same issue. Also I am not able to move to developer rom because the boot loader is locked. Anybody tried flashing developer rom?
You can request for unlock throough miui website though it will take 5-7 days to get permission. But i have read somewhere that official unlock doesnt work on the global ROM that the Indian Redmi Note 3 runs. There is an unofficial way to unlock the bootloader which is a little cumbersome , but it works. There is not much to choose from on the developer rom side. I'm running an AOSP 5.1.1 rom that is very snappy and can be used as a daily driver. Only issues are sub par image quality compared to MIUI camera and loss of finger print scanner capability.
Old 1st May 2016, 20:59   #23385
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithunkb View Post
I'm running an AOSP 5.1.1 rom
Which ROM are you running?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks