Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2016, 10:41   #23491
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
are you sure that it is not bandwidth problem ? I mean phone supports HD, due to bandwidth issue, google decides to reduce the quality, like Youtube does.
That's why point (b) - I regularly get 10+ MB/sec. please note that this issue persists even when i try to download the file for offline viewing.

Whereas on the website, I can simply choose HD mode and view it as I please (albeit with some buffering when seen at home).
Old 16th May 2016, 13:44   #23492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
That's why point (b) - I regularly get 10+ MB/sec. please note that this issue persists even when i try to download the file for offline viewing.

Whereas on the website, I can simply choose HD mode and view it as I please (albeit with some buffering when seen at home).
I read up on this and it seems to be a issue in some devices (OPO) even when they are supported. I could not find any concrete reason for this anomaly, fault could be most likely at google's end.

Do you have a chromecast? In case you do, try casting from your phone and see if the content is HD or SD?

Edit: I tried on my redmi note 3 and the purchase options clearly mention that HD content will play as SD on this device. If casting then they will allow HD content. I'm wondering is it something to do with the license owner not wanting to allow content on devices that are geek friendly?
Old 17th May 2016, 17:10   #23493
BHPian

Moto G4 and G4 plus launched

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news...nd-more-838470

Quote:
The Moto G4 Plus has been priced at Rs. 13,499 for its 2GB RAM/ 16GB storage variant, and Rs. 14,999 for its 3GB RAM/ 32GB storage variant. Pricing of the Motorola Moto G4 will be provided closer to launch.
The G4 doesnt make much difference to the G3. The G4 plus is good option for the current Moto G3 owners to upgrade in the future.
Old 18th May 2016, 01:43   #23494
Senior - BHPian

Ordered the G4+ (3GB RAM) for my mother in law. Will have a detailed feedback on the phone (esp compared to Redmi Note 3) in about two weeks' time!
Old 18th May 2016, 07:45   #23495
Senior - BHPian

Folks, I am planning to buy an android phone for my wife. Her usage is limited to calls, texts and music apart from regular watsapp/viber. Budget is max 15k.

I was plannig to check samsung j5, redmi 3 or moto g4. Can you please suggest a good mobile in that range?
Old 18th May 2016, 07:46   #23496
BHPian

Quote:
Ordered the G4+ (3GB RAM) for my mother in law. Will have a detailed feedback on the phone (esp compared to Redmi Note 3) in about two weeks' time!
I am sure G4 will be better than RN3 because of the vanilla Android experience. Do post some photos after you get it.
Old 18th May 2016, 10:39   #23497
Distinguished - BHPian

Can someone suggest me a phone meeting the below criteria's:

1) Screen should be 4.7"-5"
2) Dual sim, 4G
3) Price between 5k-7k

Phone will be mainly used for calls, browsing (whatsapp, Facebook and Youtube). Planning to buy today. Do suggest some models. I was going through Redmi 2 (had heating problems in my wife's phone. Replaced motherboard) and Lenovo A6000.

Thanks in advance guys.
Old 18th May 2016, 10:48   #23498
BHPian

Check out Flipkart today. Awesome offers. Moto G turbo at the price of Moto g3 . I just bought a g3 recently and returning it to get the turbo. Lenova has some good phones in your price range.
Old 18th May 2016, 12:17   #23499
BHPian

Quote:
In isolation, the MOTO G4 Plus looks like a great buy. But when you compare it to the upcoming LENOVO ZUK Z1, its a different story altogether!

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3...&idPhone2=7511

And both are made by the same company.

Your thoughts please.
Old 18th May 2016, 13:15   #23500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikash49 View Post
In isolation, the MOTO G4 Plus looks like a great buy. But when you compare it to the upcoming LENOVO ZUK Z1, its a different story altogether!

Your thoughts please.
Quite close in terms of spec so very little to differentiate. Relevance will depend on usage. Zuk has slightly better processor and would hold good for playing games as well. G4 is a more well rounded phone with improvements in camera. Zuk has no option to upgrade storage so could be a deal breaker. Battery is better in zuk but not sure if there is an option to fast charge. If multitasking is a key criteria, then G4 is likely to do better.

Everything similar, I'd put my money on G4 / G4 plus because of camera and storage.

Last edited by lordvader : 18th May 2016 at 13:19.
Old 18th May 2016, 13:23   #23501
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Folks, I am planning to buy an android phone for my wife. Her usage is limited to calls, texts and music apart from regular watsapp/viber. Budget is max 15k.

I was plannig to check samsung j5, redmi 3 or moto g4. Can you please suggest a good mobile in that range?
Drop J series, include Zuk Z1. I'm super happy with Redmi Note 3 except the camera which is only good for facebook/instagram.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
I am sure G4 will be better than RN3 because of the vanilla Android experience. Do post some photos after you get it.
Sure will compare. Vanilla android to me is overhyped. I love MIUI. Does what i need (battery sweating / call recording / doesnt slow down / lots of inbuilt apps / really quick updates) without real bloatware like samsung.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post

2) Dual sim, 4G
3) Price between 5k-7k

Phone will be mainly used for calls, browsing (whatsapp, Facebook and Youtube). Planning to buy today. Do suggest some models. I was going through Redmi 2 (had heating problems in my wife's phone. Replaced motherboard) and Lenovo A6000.

Thanks in advance guys.
relatives use both (A6000+/Redmi2). Both are fantastic. Why not extend to MI4? Its the wife after all. MI4 camera is super awesome IMHO (best among sub 25k in my exp, incl One plus one). My sis takes excellent non-camera shots of her baby daughter with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikash49 View Post

Your thoughts please.
I'm buying it simply as per the DxOmark review. They reviewed G4 really high. If it is even 70% of that hype, its good enough for me. Zuk has OIS but an old sensor while G4 has newer sensor with better laser and phase detect autofocus. Except ROM size and battery, G4 >> Zuk. Plus for a limited user like my mother in law, Motorola >> Zuk brand. She's in lucknow, where even the lenovo brand itself is looked down upon (don't ask me why). Plus moto rep is so good that it'll sell decently enough - Zuk has some interest but unlikely to sell as widely hence long term support questionable in UP where online sales of phones is next to zero.

PS: If not for the camera I would've gone ahead with Redmi Note 3 order only which I cancelled at the last minute!
Old 18th May 2016, 13:58   #23502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Check out Flipkart today. Awesome offers. Moto G turbo at the price of Moto g3 . I just bought a g3 recently and returning it to get the turbo. Lenova has some good phones in your price range.
Apologies to quote myself. I returned Moto g3 somehow to amazon.Thanks to my chatting skills My wife told me instead of getting a G Turbo, get a g4 plus. So with her approval i am getting a G4 plus tonight. Will post the initial impressions tonight once i get it.
Old 18th May 2016, 21:40   #23503
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm super happy with Redmi Note 3 except the camera which is only good for facebook/instagram.
Since you are a fan of Xiaomi phones, I guess, going by your posts since long, could you please let me know if I won't be disappointed with the screen and camera of RN3 over the old Redmi 1s. On paper, the specs are far superior, but still...I do not want to spend double the amount just to be disappointed. It is just the battery and RAM of the Redmi 1s that make me look for a new one. I'm also a fan of MIUI and cannot think outside of it's convenience and customization.
Old 19th May 2016, 00:02   #23504
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Since you are a fan of Xiaomi phones, I guess, going by your posts since long, could you please let me know if I won't be disappointed with the screen and camera of RN3 over the old Redmi 1s. On paper, the specs are far superior, but still...I do not want to spend double the amount just to be disappointed. It is just the battery and RAM of the Redmi 1s that make me look for a new one. I'm also a fan of MIUI and cannot think outside of it's convenience and customization.
Responsiveness wise it is unbeatable - the OPO is a slouch in comparison.

the screen is at par with the galaxy S3 screen. I can't compare with the 1s because I wont meet any of those cousins for a month atleast.

Camera - its super fast to focus and focuses perfectly in any light. But 16 MP is like 3MP to be honest. Crap detail when you zoom in, unlike the iPhone, or even the S3. Of course, this is all in less than perfect lighting. Outdoors, it is acceptable.
Old 19th May 2016, 06:50   #23505
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post

2) Dual sim, 4G
3) Price between 5k-7k
Redmi 2 Prime should do fine.
Alternately, check the Lenovo A6000.

I would pick the former as I hate Lenovo's software.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks