Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2016, 21:19   #23581
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

For those who have Oneplus X phone, we know that low light images and video recording are the Achilles heel on this wonderful device.

Worry no more; SultanXDA has released a fix for the camera, which improves low light image quality and enables 4K video recording with image stabilization.

The best part this, to install this, we only need to unlock the bootloader and install custom recovery - Rooting is not required.

The details and file link can be found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/onep...0-fps-t3315382

Post this fix, I would recommend you to use Good Camera or A better camera as I found the default OnePlus camera app is not as good as these two apps.

Enjoy the new moments captured on your phone!!
Old 29th May 2016, 22:58   #23582
BHPian

So I am stuck in a big time dilemma. Was considering getting a LG G4 over eBay as there some sellers selling imported ones for around 24k.

I have read a lot of reviews about the excellent snapper it has. However, one of my friend had a pretty bad experience with his imported iPhone on eBay and hence I am once again stuck in consideration.

I am now considering between a Samsung Galaxy S6 or a Nexus 6P as my budget is around the 32k mark. I need the phone to serve as a pure on the go camera and nothing else. Of the two, which one would you guys recommend. Will help a lot !
Old 29th May 2016, 23:52   #23583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnniHilat0R View Post
I am now considering between a Samsung Galaxy S6 or a Nexus 6P as my budget is around the 32k mark. I need the phone to serve as a pure on the go camera and nothing else. Of the two, which one would you guys recommend. Will help a lot !
Both have outstanding cameras, but the 6P is a notch better in low light, has a bigger battery too, to last you on the go. The S6 is nothing to write home about on battery life.
The G4 has good hardware, but now in mid-2016 the rest of the phone probably isn't worth getting just for the camera. There is no fingerprint scanner, the UI is a mess and it's just overall a bit behind the curve now.
So I'd say 6P, but it really needs getting used to the sheer size. It also has the edge in terms of software experience and build, but USB-C also needs getting used to.

Last edited by mukul32 : 29th May 2016 at 23:55.
Old 30th May 2016, 01:36   #23584
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I need the phone to serve as a pure on the go camera and nothing else.
I assume you do also want it to function as a phone?

I'm sure you can see what I'm thinking here

(I'm more and more inclined to carry around a small P&S like I used to. In fact I think I'll put it in the bag now!)
Old 30th May 2016, 09:16   #23585
BHPian

Thanks for the reply mukul32 ! Appreciate your help.
Thad E Ginathom Sir, indeed I see what you mean. However, saving up for a Mirrorless DSLR and I needed a better phone as my current 5s is showing its age big time
Old 30th May 2016, 09:49   #23586
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the reply mukul32 ! Appreciate your help.
Thad E Ginathom Sir, indeed I see what you mean. However, saving up for a Mirrorless DSLR and I needed a better phone as my current 5s is showing its age big time
Please check Moto G4 plus too. Its an awesome mobile for camera. Please see my earlier posts on camera. The reviewers have rated the camera close to iPhone6s.
Old 30th May 2016, 11:15   #23587
Senior - BHPian

I am planning to buy the Nexus 5X 32 GB from ebay with seller warranty at 20K after coupons.
I feel this is an excellent deal.
It's got the best camera for sure in this price range. The chipset is also very good and you guaranteed to get updates for a long time.
The cons are - average battery life. ordinary looks (I will put a cover anyways). and only 2 GB RAM.
I think 2 GB RAM should be good enough for multi-tasking though 3 GB RAM and >3000 mah battery would have been perfect.

Is there anything better in the market right now at this price range?
MY priorities are 5" screen, good camera, good performance (less bloatware), battery life.
Old 30th May 2016, 12:31   #23588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
I am planning to buy the Nexus 5X 32 GB from ebay with seller warranty at 20K after coupons.
I feel this is an excellent deal.
It's got the best camera for sure in this price range. The chipset is also very good and you guaranteed to get updates for a long time.
The cons are - average battery life. ordinary looks (I will put a cover anyways). and only 2 GB RAM.
I think 2 GB RAM should be good enough for multi-tasking though 3 GB RAM and >3000 mah battery would have been perfect.

Is there anything better in the market right now at this price range?
MY priorities are 5" screen, good camera, good performance (less bloatware), battery life.
Nextbit Robin has just been launched for 20k on Flipkart (Not sure when they start shipping). It has the same chipset (SD808) but comes with 3GB RAM. Screen size and resolution are same. Battery also seems to be similar. Its so called USP of cloud storage doesn't appeal to me, but it still has 32GB of storage so it's usable. Other features are dual front facing speakers, Fingerprint sensor integrated into the power button and it has a unique look. Camera on the Nexus 5x is better though. Software wise, i heard that it has a light skin and that they are good with updates, though maybe not as quick as Nexus devices.

I saw the Nexus 5x (32GB) to be around 28k on Flipkart. At that price, I would have preferred the Robin. But if Nexus 5x is also available at 20k, I would lean towards the Nexus. I hope the Ebay seller is reliable.

Last edited by JonSnow : 30th May 2016 at 12:33.
Old 30th May 2016, 12:50   #23589
BHPian

The new ZenFone 3 range launched. Looks interesting.
Old 30th May 2016, 13:19   #23590
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I'm more and more inclined to carry around a small P&S like I used to. In fact I think I'll put it in the bag now!
True. But there is a disadvantage:

Cameras con't connect to the internet and therefore can't instantly upload/share photos.

That being said, there's no replacement to optical zoom.

This disadvantage doesn't matter to most people out there, but I know an artist who benefited with a phone with an extremely good camera. He could upload images quickly on the go.
Old 30th May 2016, 16:45   #23591
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post

Cameras con't connect to the internet and therefore can't instantly upload/share photos.
I'm told (by a pro photographer friend that I met for lunch last weekend) that quite a lot of them do these days! But still... I don't suppose they run whatsapp, so the camera phone is still going to matter if I want to show you something right now.

Quote:
And optical stabilisation, especially for those of us with an unsteady hand. This, even more than zoom, is why I am packing the P&S, and what I really want on my next camera-important phone in a year or two. I'm sure it will come, at a price.
Old 30th May 2016, 17:09   #23592
BHPian

Quote:

This disadvantage doesn't matter to most people out there, but I know an artist who benefited with a phone with an extremely good camera. He could upload images quickly on the go.

Did you check Moto G4 plus camera? It has the good optical image stabilization feature. Even the latest Samsung and iphone have image stabilization features. Check this website for more details - http://www.dxomark.com/Mobiles
Old 30th May 2016, 17:13   #23593
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

It benefits most wives. Now husbands can quickly upload the image of the item they see, and women can micro-control the product being bought.

Did you ever realize that mobile phones could improve domestic peace!
Old 31st May 2016, 06:29   #23594
BHPian

At the outset let me clarify that this buy has been shaped out of a smartphone going haywire post screen replacement. Hence bought a Motorola Moto G3 from Amazon. What a big step up it is wrt my Micromax Canvas Nitro. A big thumbs up to this community which allowed to analyse and buy what suited me to the T.
Old 31st May 2016, 09:51   #23595
BHPian

Quote:

The Galaxy camera 2 is an interesting option to shoot and share instantly.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks