Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2016, 14:29   #23791
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Out of the box I can do stuff like separate notification SMS from personal ones
That is enough to make me want it for my non-MIUI phone!

But there is another thing I would simply love to do with SMS messages, and that is group/consolidate by similar names, so I can lump together the senders that use multiple IDs, like AB-Axis, CD-Axis, EF-Axis, etc etc etc. I have searched and not found. Does anybody know an SMS messaging app that will do this?

It is an entirely different rant that the senders can't realise how stupid this is and group their own messgaes, preferably under sensible names like Bank-Transaction, Bank-Balance, etc etc --- but that is to much to expect
Old 22nd June 2016, 11:25   #23792
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukul32 View Post
Guys, I have both of you covered. And let me get straight to it- I would say the Moto G4+ it is. I have been using the G4+ for the last month or so now, and it has been an absolutely wonderful experience.
I will probably be ordering the Moto G4+ today, provided one last attempt to revive my G1 fails.
Thanks mostly in part to your reports.
Old 22nd June 2016, 19:07   #23793
BHPian

Quote:
Since you mentioned camera, I guess it has to be the G4+. It simply has the best pair of cameras in its class. Otherwise, even RedMi Note 3 would have been a good choice with a huge battery and a pretty metal body (especially in gold).
The G4+ also has a pretty loud and decently crisp front facing speaker. Now I don't
Thanks for your detailed reply mukul32!

Better camera, android UI and updates, and seperate dual-sim and micro sdcard slots made me choose Moto G4 Plus. I have ordered a White color-32GB today for my Wifey. Will update my impressions on it after using it.
Old 22nd June 2016, 20:36   #23794
BHPian

Quote:
Hate cases? This is just what the doctor ordered. The black carbon fiber with white Nexus logo and coloured 'X' is my personal favourite combination, but there are lots of textures, designs and colours to choose from. Improves the look and feel in the hand by miles, without affecting the design or sleekness of the device.
Are these skins easy to apply and remove?
Old 22nd June 2016, 23:09   #23795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
Are these skins easy to apply and remove?
They're not like a quick two minute job to apply, but certainly quite doable even for someone not used to crafty stuff. There are lots of video tutorials on YouTube to simplify and elaborate each step. The official DBrand guide video is the best of em all.
It is basically aligning a few points (such as camera unit) perfectly, so that the rest of the skin aligns itself.
I remember you do need a hair dryer for this job though.

Removal is as easy as pie. Good quality branded skins don't even leave any adhesive residue behind, and come off straightaway in one piece.
Old 23rd June 2016, 00:09   #23796
BHPian

Thank you all.

Is this one worth it? I am stuck in a dilemma because I have zero experience with these kind of purchases. Thanks in advance.

Neel
Old 23rd June 2016, 00:38   #23797
Senior - BHPian

^^
Firstly, 16 GB of storage is a bit difficult to survive with. I have had to make major changes in the way I listen to Music in my Mi4i.

I actually have no stored music, listen on the go with wifi and free apps like Gaana and Wynk. You also can't storage too many images or HD videos. If you're okay with this, then you should consider the phone. I also don't play any game that exceeds 150 MB. So the total storage my games occupy are less than 0.5 GB.

If it's imported from another country, then forget about warranties. In the interest of the local suppliers, warranties are denied if the phone is bought from a different country.

Why don't you try the oneplus X? The only drawback is the battery life. You'll spend a lot of time in school anyway (Where I think phones aren't allowed), so that shouldn't matter too much to you.
Old 23rd June 2016, 00:39   #23798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_neel View Post
Thank you all.

Is this one worth it? I am stuck in a dilemma because I have zero experience with these kind of purchases. Thanks in advance.
Neel
The 5X is a great phone, and then it's a NEXUS! (Forget even OP) but that one is a 16GB. That means 10 gigs of non expandable effective storage. Spells unusable to me. And the 5X-6P have had their share of niggles and problems in their day. It's a serious gamble. You might get a lemon with maybe yellow screen tint or fit and finish issue. Or, you might get a perfect device in an absolute (but 16GB ) steal. I won't take that gamble personally.

Last edited by mukul32 : 23rd June 2016 at 00:42.
Old 23rd June 2016, 04:42   #23799
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
But there is another thing I would simply love to do with SMS messages, and that is group/consolidate by similar names, so I can lump together the senders that use multiple IDs, like AB-Axis, CD-Axis, EF-Axis, etc etc etc. I have searched and not found. Does anybody know an SMS messaging app that will do this?
Try this app called WALNUT. It's a nifty app that tracks spending through SMS and combines most group SMSes. It should work well for you as all Axis Bank id's are grouped together. You can even track cash expenses.
http://play.google.com/store/apps/de...itt.walnut.app

But, somehow it is unable to combine all senders to groups - must be something to do with the syntax.
Old 23rd June 2016, 05:12   #23800

+1 for WALNUT. I have been using this app for almost 6 months now and its been very helpful. It reads all your group sms and tracks all your expenses in daily/weekly/monthly spends and even provides reminders for any due date for bills (very useful).
Old 23rd June 2016, 11:15   #23801
BHPian

Guys - I am using a OPX right now - like it, absolutely no problems whatsoever. However started to use the Bluetooth (audio) a bit more and the battery dies like crazy! Is this the same with most phones?
Old 23rd June 2016, 11:32   #23802
Senior - BHPian

Anybody using (or has had any hands on experience with) the One Plus 3? It looks like a beautiful device, fast and fluid near stock Android interface, good screen, decent battery, good camera and 64 GB storage. I have read all the available reviews, and all things considered, seems like a great device.

Anyone here who has actually has spent some time handling the device? Initial impressions?
Old 23rd June 2016, 13:32   #23803
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Anybody using (or has had any hands on experience with) the One Plus 3? It looks like a beautiful device, fast and fluid near stock Android interface, good screen, decent battery, good camera and 64 GB storage. I have read all the available reviews, and all things considered, seems like a great device.

Anyone here who has actually has spent some time handling the device? Initial impressions?
Same here.

I have also shortlisted the OP3, and waiting for someone from our community who has actually spent some time handling the device.
Old 23rd June 2016, 15:12   #23804
Distinguished - BHPian

The One Plus 3 even has optical stabilisation for the camera?

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Try this app called WALNUT. It's a nifty app that tracks spending through SMS and combines most group SMSes. It should work well for you as all Axis Bank id's are grouped together. You can even track cash expenses.
http://play.google.com/store/apps/de...itt.walnut.app

But, somehow it is unable to combine all senders to groups - must be something to do with the syntax.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iffi View Post
+1 for WALNUT. ...
Thank you both: I'll look at Walnut.

<Later>

Walnut looks very interesting in its own right, but it does not do what I'm looking for, which is to tidy up the presentation of SMS messages in a Messenger app, grouping together those that come from different IDs but the same source.

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 23rd June 2016 at 15:27.
Old 23rd June 2016, 15:32   #23805
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
It looks like a beautiful device, fast and fluid near stock Android interface, good screen, decent battery, good camera and 64 GB storage.
Not to discourage you, but most reviews I read have thumps down to screen. Here is one review from AnandTech.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
The One Plus 3 even has optical stabilisation for the camera?
Yes. Autofocus is PDAF from Laser focus. Seems to do job better than OP2 camera.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks