Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2016, 16:35   #23806
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
Not to discourage you, but most reviews I read have thumps down to screen. Here is one review from AnandTech.
Hi Ragu,

Yes I have read this review too, and this review itself has come in for a lot of criticism from both initial users as well as Carl Pei (founder of One Plus himself, lol). Of course, I am not that tech savvy about screen nitty-gritties, and there might well be merit in the review. Which is why Im seeking feedback from users here.

However, that said, there are a huge number of other reviews which mention that the screen is gorgeous and is a real pleasure to use in day to day usage, i.e. photos, videos, general text etc. Of course, it is not as pixel dense as the Galaxy S7 etc, but then again, a 1080 P for users like me is sufficiently detailed. In fact, a majority of the reviews have said that the screen is good enough for regular usage, sufficiently detailed, and good colors. Check out the reviews on CNET, Endgadget and Geekyranjit for instance. I am one of those who prefer AMOLED level saturation in colors, and therefore, the AMOLED screen of the OP3 appears to be a good bet for me.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 23rd June 2016 at 16:37.
Old 23rd June 2016, 19:47   #23807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Hi Ragu,

Yes I have read this review too, and this review itself has come in for a lot of criticism from both initial users as well as Carl Pei (founder of One Plus himself, lol). Of course, I am not that tech savvy about screen nitty-gritties, and there might well be merit in the review. Which is why Im seeking feedback from users here.

However, that said, there are a huge number of other reviews which mention that the screen is gorgeous and is a real pleasure to use in day to day usage, i.e. photos, videos, general text etc. Of course, it is not as pixel dense as the Galaxy S7 etc, but then again, a 1080 P for users like me is sufficiently detailed. In fact, a majority of the reviews have said that the screen is good enough for regular usage, sufficiently detailed, and good colors. Check out the reviews on CNET, Endgadget and Geekyranjit for instance. I am one of those who prefer AMOLED level saturation in colors, and therefore, the AMOLED screen of the OP3 appears to be a good bet for me.
Yes this is something subjective. The colors are not accurate on OP3 but many people still like it that way, so you have to see for yourself to decide. Also, the technology used makes the effective resolution less than 1080p.

I am also interested in the OP3, but my colleague has an OPX and the display on that phone looks a bit off to me, so I am a bit apprehensive. I will still check out how the OP3 looks in person. I heard that they are opening a few exclusive service centers this month (already opened one in Banglore last month). So I will check it out when the service center opens here.
Old 23rd June 2016, 23:59   #23808
BHPian

I have the OnePlus 3 incase you have to ask any questions. It's a brilliant device and surely third time's the charm!
Old 24th June 2016, 11:18   #23809
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmolbedi View Post
I have the OnePlus 3 incase you have to ask any questions. It's a brilliant device and surely third time's the charm!
Can you please share your view on the battery, display and RAM management.
Old 24th June 2016, 11:27   #23810
Senior - BHPian

I unboxed my Moto G4+ yesterday night, and yes, the reports of heating are quite true.
I shot a mere 20 seconds video, and it started getting noticeably warm around the buttons .
This is the temperature shown right now. But can be discounted as I am charging it using the turbo charger right now.
Also, I believe moto/lenovo is now shipping chargers with a lower rating now. I received a 5v 1.6A charger with mine. 12V 1.2A in the turbo mode.
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-1466747628319.jpg
Old 24th June 2016, 12:28   #23811
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
Can you please share your view on the battery, display and RAM management.
Battery has been great especially with latest update. I easily get 5+ hours SOT with 45 min calling and listening to music. Mostly screen time used while playing video content. Display is perfect for 1080p. If you are coming from over saturated panels you might think it's on cooler side but it's actually better. RAM management is restricted to 21 apps but since the day I bought the phone I never witnessed slow down. You can edit the build prop and change apps restriction. Overall I am very impressed with the device. Any other questions please ask.
Old 24th June 2016, 13:10   #23812
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
I unboxed my Moto G4+ yesterday night, and yes, the reports of heating are quite true.
But does it really matter?
Quote:
... Also, I believe moto/lenovo is now shipping chargers with a lower rating now. I received a 5v 1.6A charger with mine. 12V 1.2A in the turbo mode.
But the charger still works in turbo mode? I expect I'm getting my V-W-A understanding in a twist, but surely that is not delivering as much electricity as a 2-plus amp charger?
Old 24th June 2016, 14:29   #23813
BHPian

Quote:
Battery has been great especially with latest update. I easily get 5+ hours SOT with 45 min calling and listening to music. Mostly screen time used while playing video content. Display is perfect for 1080p. If you are coming from over saturated panels you might think it's on cooler side but it's actually better. RAM management is restricted to 21 apps but since the day I bought the phone I never witnessed slow down. You can edit the build prop and change apps restriction. Overall I am very impressed with the device. Any other questions please ask.
Thank you so much @anmolbedi.

I am coming from a Moto G3. So, as far as screen is concerned, it would be at par if not better.
Old 24th June 2016, 14:38   #23814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
Thank you so much @anmolbedi.

I am coming from a Moto G3. So, as far as screen is concerned, it would be at par if not better.
You would actually feel lot cooler screen temperature. And it's definitely better since PPI is more. 294~401.
Old 24th June 2016, 15:23   #23815
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ordered mine today morning, and its on its way to my office for delivery! Real excited!! Actually the biggest concern has been the battery, but as long as the thing lasts for the better part of a workday with regular usage (which most reviewers seem to say it does), Im perfectly fine with it. I suppose its the tradeoff one makes for bigger screens and HD displays.

How is the overall handling, i.e. is it comfortable to hold in the hand, or is it too bulky or unwieldy? Have you put a tempered glass protector on it (I understand that the provided screen protector is a low quality one)?

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 24th June 2016 at 15:26.
Old 24th June 2016, 15:50   #23816
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Ordered mine today morning, and its on its way to my office for delivery! Real excited!! Actually the biggest concern has been the battery, but as long as the thing lasts for the better part of a workday with regular usage (which most reviewers seem to say it does), Im perfectly fine with it. I suppose its the tradeoff one makes for bigger screens and HD displays.

How is the overall handling, i.e. is it comfortable to hold in the hand, or is it too bulky or unwieldy? Have you put a tempered glass protector on it (I understand that the provided screen protector is a low quality one)?
Hmmm... your are definitely anxious to hold the beauty. Handling is good, comfy. It's slippery. Better use a case. I ordered carbon case from OnePlus and it's very sleek. Ordered tempered glass from OnePlus pretty decent. No tempered would protect the full since sides are curved. Like on iPhone you don't get full end to end coverage in tempered glass.
Old 24th June 2016, 16:20   #23817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
@Neel: For custom ROMs, the rule is to buy a snapdragon. They have the best support.

Its so convenient I haven't rooted it - because most of the power user stuff is built in. Please don't diss MIUI without any details. It has its own problems (miniscule notification size, problematic to expand notifications) but those are iOS like - livable compromises
I rooted my redmi note 3 and as compared to nexus it was definitely a gargantuan task. A few GBs were lost in the process to understand the right order of rom flashing. But it has its advantages given that the OTA updates can be applied without losing root. AOSP roms are working fairly well and can change to that if need be. Also the miui tweaks module available for xposed installer (smart touch, expanded notification, etc.). Definitely worth a dekko - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tatusbar&hl=en

Last edited by lordvader : 24th June 2016 at 16:22.
Old 24th June 2016, 16:26   #23818
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordvader View Post
I rooted my redmi note 3 and as compared to nexus it was definitely a gargantuan task. A few GBs were lost in the process to understand the right order of rom flashing. But it has its advantages given that the OTA updates can be applied without losing root. AOSP roms are working fairly well and can change to that if need be. Also the miui tweaks module available for xposed installer (smart touch, expanded notification, etc.). Definitely worth a dekko - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tatusbar&hl=en
Can you blog or post a link to the blog you referred to for rooting / rom flashing?

e.g i never found a clear description on how to downgrade nexus 7 2012 to 4.x android so i wrote my own mini blog on how to do it:
http://freerider.in/blog/how-to-down...groupernakasi/
Old 24th June 2016, 18:56   #23819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Can you blog or post a link to the blog you referred to for rooting / rom flashing?

e.g i never found a clear description on how to downgrade nexus 7 2012 to 4.x android so i wrote my own mini blog on how to do it:
http://freerider.in/blog/how-to-down...groupernakasi/
I'll pm you the links along with some pointers.
Old 25th June 2016, 15:27   #23820
BHPian

@mukul32 and @sajo, how is the G4 Plus holding up? There a lot of reviews which suggest that the phone is not for a heavy user. And the recent lot seems to have some issues. I am seriously looking at the OPX and Zuk Z1 now. Barring the issues, the G4+ seems to be just perfect for me.

Neel

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks