Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2017, 18:56   #25261
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Sorry NOOB question, are there any benefits of this? I purchased this phone for my wife and it performed an update but I didn't check if it were Android 7. I think hers is Cyanogen and whatever was permitted for India.

The Andoroid 7 update is a massive 900+ MB download.

Since I had to hand over the phone the next day itself to my dad, I thought it was better to perform this update once and for all and then give the device to him.
It is recommended on the forums that after you upgrade, you should do a factory reset. It was obviously the best opportunity to perform this step while the phone was brand new and had no user data.
I really do not know what all is new, but I surely liked the notifications on Oxygen OS 4.0.x.

The phone is no longer with me, so I really cannot add much value here.

About case: Go the Spigen black case for Rs. 899 from Amazon. Also picked up a case with a kickstand for Rs. 300 from local market. That one seems to add a bit more bulk.
Next on the list is to get an extra USB Type C cable which can support dash charging. The original one costs Rs. 1099.

Last edited by S_U_N : 20th January 2017 at 18:59.
Old 20th January 2017, 19:27   #25262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Next on the list is to get an extra USB Type C cable which can support dash charging. The original one costs Rs. 1099.
I purchased two Indestructible boAt brand metal wrapped type C cables from paytm. They cost me about 700 rs each. One for my wifes car and another for a spare location charger. I heard that these cables last long so went for them.
Thanks for the update on the Android 7 upgrade, will check it out tonight.
Old 20th January 2017, 23:55   #25263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
on my OnePlus 3T, today morning got notification for upgrading to Nougat 7. Afternoon put that to download on my wifi, and upgrade happened smoothly. I briefly checked, all seemed OK.
its been just few hours since the N upgrade on my OP3T, and I discovered a major issue:
I have two SIM: R-Jio (4G) and Vodafone (4G). As soon as I dial a number from my Vodafone nu, the VoLTE symbol disappears. Further I checked, if I have existing call on my Vodafone SIM, then I couldnt receive any call on my R-Jio number, saying "number unavailable" ! Already tried all the combinations of SIM swaps and with/without WiFi, Wipe Cache from recovery mode, no luck. Anybody facing similar issue ?

Also, any fast battery drain issue ? I saw many users complaining on the Forum.

Quote:
do check on many of articles, the Dash Charging is a proprietary technology, which works only with original (stock) supplied adapter and cable. A regular type-C cable should able to charge with "normal" timelines and not "Dash". Btw, I purchased a Mivi 6-feet and keep in my car, connected to a regular 2A USB port.

regards,

Last edited by pcpranav : 20th January 2017 at 23:58.
Old 21st January 2017, 00:05   #25264
BHPian

I just upgraded my wife's phone to Android 7 on her OP3T. Don't notice anything vastly different. Noticed the colors of menus had become blue from earlier grey-black.
Not made any calls so will know if any issues there later. She has the Jio and Airtel sims in the phone.
I don't think it has cleared space, I noticed that total available space reduced (58 to 53?) from before and after the upgrade giving the impression that the space used has been cut, but I think that is misleading.
Old 21st January 2017, 07:52   #25265
BHPian

Mine too (OP3T) got upgraded to OS 4.0.2 this morning and has a combination of Jio and Vodafone connection. As you said, VoLTE symbol disappears as soon as a call is made on Vodafone.

Regarding the space, actually the free space is showing as 92% from earlier 84% or so. Don't know how this is possible.
Old 21st January 2017, 18:59   #25266
Senior - BHPian

I too got the message that the update is available but Im holding off for a while to update till issues are sorted out and its stable. I got burned already when my Nexus 4 updated from KitKat which I loved to Lollipop which sent things for a toss
Old 22nd January 2017, 01:16   #25267
Senior - BHPian

My phone has been on Nougat 7.1.1 right out of the box from the time of purchase in Q4 of 2016. Am I missing something here?

Quote:
The Andoroid 7 update is a massive 900+ MB download....
Old 23rd January 2017, 11:58   #25268
BHPian

Anyone got f-code for redmi note 4? Please PM me.
Thanks
Old 23rd January 2017, 12:04   #25269
BHPian

Calling out to all the S7 Edge / S7 users here - anyone has experienced random reboots on their phones?
My S7 Edge reboots randomly - but only twice a week - and it's always back to back reboots within 10 minutes.
I do not have the automatic reboot option enabled.
Tried checking online forums relating to this but it seems most people facing random reboots have it occurring multiple times every day - and my mine only happens twice a week!
Old 23rd January 2017, 12:42   #25270
Senior - BHPian

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Bought the redmi note 4 today. Payment was debited but I am not sure if I will get the phone . This was my first time with a flash sale so I am not sure how this works. Anyway, this is also my first android in 3 years. Will be using this as my secondary phone for out station trips. Also, these new budget phones are really good in terms of performance hence wanted to check out and have a first hand experience. Fingers crossed
Old 23rd January 2017, 12:44   #25271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantbhatia84 View Post
Calling out to all the S7 Edge / S7 users here - anyone has experienced random reboots on their phones?
Got 3 s7 Edge phones in the family , no such issue. All phone updated to latest software updates.
Old 23rd January 2017, 20:01   #25272
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Bought the redmi note 4 today. ... ... ...
I was reading about it yesterday. Looks very nice, and amazing value for money. Even, at the cost of one of the dual SIM slots, has the possibility of using SD card storage, which I thought was against Xiaomi's deepest convictions! With 64Gb internal, I could do without it anyway, and even that model is not very expensive.

Hope you get it. Do tell us about it!
Old 23rd January 2017, 21:16   #25273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Bought the redmi note 4 today. Payment was debited but I am not sure if I will get the phone . This was my first time with a flash sale so I am not sure how this works. Anyway, this is also my first android in 3 years. Will be using this as my secondary phone for out station trips. Also, these new budget phones are really good in terms of performance hence wanted to check out and have a first hand experience. Fingers crossed
Did you get the 4GB RAM version? Those went out of stock in seconds whereas the lower version was still available for 5 minutes.
Old 23rd January 2017, 21:38   #25274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantbhatia84 View Post
My S7 Edge reboots randomly - but only twice a week - and it's always back to back reboots within 10 minutes.
and my mine only happens twice a week!
Hi, I had this issue in my Note 4. The frequency of reboots increased over few days. And ultimately it was a problem of motherboard failure. I suggest that you check with the Samsung service soon.
Old 24th January 2017, 08:29   #25275
Senior - BHPian

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I was reading about it yesterday. Looks very nice, and amazing value for money. Even, at the cost of one of the dual SIM slots, has the possibility of using SD card storage, which I thought was against Xiaomi's deepest convictions! With 64Gb internal, I could do without it anyway, and even that model is not very expensive.

Hope you get it. Do tell us about it!

Exactly. This budget phone revolution has slowly taken over and I don't see a point spending 30-40k on phones in 2017. But then camera is still better on flagship phones.

These phones are incredibly VFM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Did you get the 4GB RAM version? Those went out of stock in seconds whereas the lower version was still available for 5 minutes.

I got the 3GB 32 gigs version since this will be my secondary phone. I was waiting for the sale to start and checked out within a minute or two.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks