Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2017, 15:44   #25276
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
Hi,

on my OnePlus 3T, today morning got notification for upgrading to Nougat 7. Afternoon put that to download on my wifi, and upgrade happened smoothly. I briefly checked, all seemed OK.

After the upgrade are you able to switch users in the settings -> users option. For some reason I am not able to switch users.
Old 24th January 2017, 16:19   #25277
BHPian

Trump forced to ditch his favourite Samsung Galaxy for an iPhone.

http://www.bgr.in/news/donald-trump-...-us-president/

Are Androids really vulnerable to hacking?
Old 24th January 2017, 16:22   #25278
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantbhatia84 View Post
Calling out to all the S7 Edge / S7 users here - anyone has experienced random reboots on their phones?
My S7 Edge reboots randomly - but only twice a week - and it's always back to back reboots within 10 minutes.
No such problem in my 3 month old S7 edge. It has been working like a charm. Take it to a service centre as I guess the phone must still be under warranty.

I am really left wondering if the figures of lakhs of these chinese phones getting sold over within seconds are just a gimmick after all. Has our country really become so rich suddenly that phones costing a good amount of money ( 10k is not really peanuts) get sold off before you can even open its page on your browser. Every phone these days is alternating between an online only launch with either Flipkart or Amazon and these flash sales are heralded as huge successes. Some of them are even a step ahead where they need you to register for the sale.

Last edited by drmohitg : 24th January 2017 at 16:30.
Old 24th January 2017, 16:31   #25279
Senior - BHPian

I was also able to buy the Redmi Note 4 yesterday from the MI website. It did go out of stock in seconds. I was able to make the payment, now the wait starts.

Just to be on the safer side, I opened two browser windows and had Flipkart open on the other window. I could add the phone on both sites. But ultimately made the payment on the MI site. On Flipkart, the phone in my basket automatically went out of stock in 10 minutes.
Also purchased MI protect, additional 2A charger and Screen guard. The cost of the MI protect was on the higher side. I heard it was available for some 375Rs. with Redmi Note 3. For Redmi Note 4, they have doubled the cost to 750. But the coverage seems good for one year.
I was using a One plus one for the past 7-8 months. While getting out of the car, the phone dropped on the road and the screen cracked, rendering the bottom capacitive buttons useless.
After some juggling of the screen from landscape to portrait mode every time, I finally decided to go for a new phone within 15k. Will repair the OPO1 and use it as a backup.

Last edited by hrman : 24th January 2017 at 16:33.
Old 24th January 2017, 16:36   #25280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
My phone has been on Nougat 7.1.1 right out of the box from the time of purchase in Q4 of 2016. Am I missing something here?
sorry, just to clarify, we were talking of OP3T. Even I got this in W4-Dec-16, stock was OxygenOS 3.5 (IIRC) & Android 6.x (Marshmellow). After the upgrade: OxygenOS 4.0.2 & Android 7.0 (Nougat).

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdeepudev View Post
Mine too (OP3T) got upgraded to OS 4.0.2 this morning and has a combination of Jio and Vodafone connection. As you said, VoLTE symbol disappears as soon as a call is made on Vodafone.

Regarding the space, actually the free space is showing as 92% from earlier 84% or so. Don't know how this is possible.
this is really irritating, and see many users facing such problem of Jio VoLTE being disabled when a call on another SIM is active. Lets hope soon a solution is offered by OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu.t.k View Post
After the upgrade are you able to switch users in the settings -> users option. For some reason I am not able to switch users.
I just have one user, other is seen as "Guest", so I cant confirm.

regards,
Old 24th January 2017, 19:32   #25281
Senior - BHPian

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Received the redmi note 4 in 25 hours straight and that too in Kolkata. Just reached home and found the box on my study table. Can't wait to unbox. Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-imageuploadedbyteambhp1485266536.973759.jpgAndroid Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-imageuploadedbyteambhp1485266560.733132.jpg

Last edited by Pancham : 24th January 2017 at 19:38.
Old 24th January 2017, 20:19   #25282
BHPian

Post update to OS 4.0.2 in OnePlus 3T, I have an issue of battery draining faster than usual. This issue has been widely reported through out. I had sent a mail to OnePlus regarding the same and I got the reply which I'm posting here. Any one else facing this issue? The executive in the later part of the mail has referred One Plus 3T as One Plus 2, and I believe that was a copy paste job. Also the OS update is 4.0.2. Anyway I got a reply within 24 hours which I feel is good.

Dear Deepu,

Thank you for reaching OnePlus Support Team!

As I understand that you are facing the Battery Draining Issue after the update of Oxygen OS 4.0.1. in the OnePlus 3T device.

As I had gone through the screenshot, the symbol of Android OS states that as you have updated to the latest version in the device, it takes some time to the device to get adjusted with the latest update, so it takes the maximum amount of battery.

However, Please follow the below troubleshooting steps, which might resolve the issue with the device.

1. I would request you to uninstall applications which consume battery the most if not in usage.

2. Let your OnePlus 2 completely run out of power until the device turns off.

3. Plug in your OnePlus 2 to charge continuously, uninterrupted, for at least 6 hours in switch off mode.

4. Repeat Step 2 and Step 3 for three consecutive charge cycles.

Please revert us back if the issue still persists.

For any additional queries and questions please feel free to contact us on our Toll-Free No 18001028411 between 09:00 am to 09:00 pm (Monday to Sunday). You can also chat with us by visiting this link

You can find the Service Center details by clicking on the link. You are requested to carry a hard copy of invoice while visiting the service centre.

Thank you!
Old 24th January 2017, 20:28   #25283
BHPian

Guys,

I had a query. I have a Dell Venue tablet which is stuck at Android 4.4 version, can anybody guide me in getting this upgraded to the latest android ?

Regards
Dieseltuned
Old 24th January 2017, 20:55   #25284
Distinguished - BHPian

Mi5 at a great price on FK with effective price being 17k after 10% Citibank cashback + Cashkaro cashback + 3x Citi reward points!
Old 25th January 2017, 09:42   #25285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdeepudev View Post
Post update to OS 4.0.2 in OnePlus 3T, I have an issue of battery draining faster than usual. This issue has been widely reported through out. I had sent a mail to OnePlus regarding the same and I got the reply which I'm posting here. Any one else facing this issue?
Haven't faced any such issue on my OP3. Battery life has improved in fact, in comparison to OOS 3.2.8.
Old 25th January 2017, 12:23   #25286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
Haven't faced any such issue on my OP3. Battery life has improved in fact, in comparison to OOS 3.2.8.
My wife mentioned she started noticing lag after this upgrade.
Old 25th January 2017, 12:43   #25287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
No such problem in my 3 month old S7 edge. It has been working like a charm. Take it to a service centre as I guess the phone must still be under warranty.

I am really left wondering if the figures of lakhs of these chinese phones getting sold over within seconds are just a gimmick after all. Has our country really become so rich suddenly that phones costing a good amount of money ( 10k is not really peanuts) get sold off before you can even open its page on your browser. Every phone these days is alternating between an online only launch with either Flipkart or Amazon and these flash sales are heralded as huge successes. Some of them are even a step ahead where they need you to register for the sale.
SIr,
Being in the IT industry i can vouch that it is no gimmick. These new gen kids are hooked to this craze and have the resourcefulness to ensure that they buy the product then flaunt it for a copule of months and then dispose it off to a friend/relative and then get a new one again.

How i miss the reliability and functionality of the erstwhile nokia e series. While doing spring cleaning, found the phone tucked away in a nndescript corner. Plugged it in and voila, it was charging. Changed the battery and gave it to my younger daughter (6 yrs), who promptly gave it back saying "No Touch Screen"
QED
Old 25th January 2017, 15:41   #25288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
Trump forced to ditch his favourite Samsung Galaxy for an iPhone.

http://www.bgr.in/news/donald-trump-...-us-president/

Are Androids really vulnerable to hacking?
Though it may look like off-topic talk, but I think quite applicable to pen few words.
Yes, Android is biggest target platform (after MS OS's). There are several type of malwares on Android, and the threat will only be increasing in coming times.

For ref, some interesting articles about IT Threat Landscapes : Link and Link , plus lot more data available on Internet today.

Personally, I would highly recommend to install some good anti-malware app on your phones. BTW, there exists another thread, but it seems we need to revive data as per today's devices (eg mobile), other than PC !

regards,
Old 25th January 2017, 18:15   #25289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post

this is really irritating, and see many users facing such problem of Jio VoLTE being disabled when a call on another SIM is active. Lets hope soon a solution is offered by OP.

I would recommend that you look at the forums at OnePlus and post there. Unless there are many customers facing issue, the company may not prioritize the fix.

In case of my father's device, the issue was the incoming calls and SMS on Reliance Communication was not working while WiFi was on. I had to turn off-wifi, then turn on mobile data and then the SMS's would start coming in one by one. Then after few minutes I had to turn on the WiFi and the phone would continue normal operations. This was happening only with Reliance Communications 4G SIM and not the Dolphin/ MTNL SIM, irrespective of the slot (1, 2).

I do not know what is the latest situation on this problem but my father has not complained recently.

He did complain about the unlocking via fingerprint - it does not seem to work quite a few times and is annoying.

One recommendation I got on the OnePlus forums was that after you upgrade to Oxygen OS 4.x, you should do a factory reset. I should point out here, that I had actually done that immediately after the OS upgrade.
Old 26th January 2017, 10:05   #25290
BHPian

Please recommend a simple android phone which is size equivalent (4 inch) of Iphone SE.

Needs:
1. Size should be small ( I love the SE but too expensive and single sim)
2. Dual sim
3. Jio should work

I was very happy with 1st gen Moto E , It was simple, reliable, well sized and sturdy. Something similar would be great.

Have a oneplusx now which i find too big and not as user friendly as moto E or apple. Will sell it off.

Most Viewed