Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2017, 01:47   #25321
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Nicely done. But you didn't say anything on the rear camera or the speaker phone quality (esp calls - not music, where it is acceptable).
I dint speak on the rear camera because I dint get to test it in different conditions at that time. Nowadays all phones shoot decent pics in good light condition. So does the redmi note 4. I will shoot a few in low light and post here for you to judge.

Yes with regard to the call quality, I have been using it with Jio and honestly the quality is better than I expected. It's very clear and audible. It is way above average.
Old 30th January 2017, 12:46   #25322
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Finally managed to buy the Remi Note4 3gb RAM/32gb storage variant. The higher variant went out of stock before I could add it to the cart. The phone would be replacing my mother's Moto G1.
Old 30th January 2017, 16:09   #25323
BANNED

Re: Tablet for reading

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
e moonreader app ...but still can't kindle for e books i guess
Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Best option: (along with a reader) single function colour printer under 5K.

Thanks guys. I have bought a Kindle for now and its good. My reading has instantly, doubled as compared to reading on PC or phone. Good thing is - No distraction or temptation for web surfing.

For now I have added a few Black and white books (with images), on the kindle and that will be good for a while. Later on I might get the colour printer for those books with colour and images, if needed.

MoonReader app is good too. Thanks for that.

Not considering a tablet for Reading now.
Old 30th January 2017, 16:29   #25324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
A full charge from 0 to 10 takes anywhere close to 2.5 hours it seems. This is another dampner IMHO.
0 to 10 or 0 to 100 in 2.5 hours? Android central indicates that there is indeed fast charging, but is limited to 5V/2A (equal to Quick Charge 2.0 speeds).

--Anoop
Old 30th January 2017, 23:28   #25325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
0 to 10 or 0 to 100 in 2.5 hours? Android central indicates that there is indeed fast charging, but is limited to 5V/2A (equal to Quick Charge 2.0 speeds).

--Anoop
I Mistyped. It is 0 to 100 in 2.5 hours. I have ordered a 3.0 Qualcomm charger from Amazon. Will check how quickly it can charge. But I doubt it will be any faster when the manufacturer has restricted the fast charge option in the device
Old 1st February 2017, 22:33   #25326
Senior - BHPian

I bought Moto G4 16GB version from Amazon.

Ordered on 14-1-2017 and it was delivered on 17-01-2017.

I have not updated it to Android 7 yet. Don't know how it would turn out. What do you guys suggest? Should I update it?
Old 2nd February 2017, 05:59   #25327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
I bought Moto G4 16GB version from Amazon.

Ordered on 14-1-2017 and it was delivered on 17-01-2017.

I have not updated it to Android 7 yet. Don't know how it would turn out. What do you guys suggest? Should I update it?
You can update it, but please do a factory reset post update. I had some battery drain and lag post update but those got fixed after a reset. So far I have not seen any major issues in 7.
Old 2nd February 2017, 08:17   #25328
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
I had some battery drain and lag post update but those got fixed after a reset.
Why is the update different for Samsung & Motorola users? Samsung S7/S7E users are pretty happy with the update. Infact, I had 67% battery remaining when I was back home yesterday, compared to 30/35% earlier.

And no issues with the update, its way smooth/fluid. Infact, I have begun to like this update.
Old 2nd February 2017, 08:55   #25329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Why is the update different for Samsung & Motorola users? Samsung S7/S7E users are pretty happy with the update. Infact, I had 67% battery remaining when I was back home yesterday, compared to 30/35% earlier.

And no issues with the update, its way smooth/fluid. Infact, I have begun to like this update.

Android is just the base operating system. The manufacturers have to add device drivers to make the hardware work with the software. The manufacturers also make their own changes (skins), add their own features etc.
Its unlikely that devices even from the same manufacturer see the exact same difference.
Old 2nd February 2017, 12:07   #25330
Senior - BHPian

There is Writing Problem with the Micro SD Card of my Redmi 1S running MiUI 8.
I am unable to Add/Delete anything to/from the Card. There is no problem with Reading any Data.
I checked for Errors on the card by inserting the card in card reader and scanning on PC. No errors were detected.
The Card is Samsung 16GB (Bought in 2014 or 2015 I guess).

What's the problem?

Last edited by IndigoXLGrandDi : 2nd February 2017 at 12:09.
Old 2nd February 2017, 12:09   #25331
BHPian

Does anybody know of any websites where i can sell my old mobiles? I don't want to put it on OLX or Quickr. Would much rather prefer somebody get it off my hands and put it up there. I vaguely remember reading about it in this thread but can't seem to find any.
Old 2nd February 2017, 12:13   #25332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh View Post
Does anybody know of any websites where i can sell my old mobiles? I don't want to put it on OLX or Quickr. Would much rather prefer somebody get it off my hands and put it up there. I vaguely remember reading about it in this thread but can't seem to find any.
Try Sahivalue or Greenify. You can get the exact amount you will get after entering the details.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Raj
Old 2nd February 2017, 14:20   #25333
Senior - BHPian

I just bought a phone called Honor 6X for my cousin. It cost 13K. Bought it since I vividly remembered him saying its has a nice camera.
So would anyone here know if its a decent product for the price ?

Edit : Is Redmi Note4 better ? More than willing to buy something better even if the price is slightly higher & product is worth.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 2nd February 2017 at 14:25.
Old 2nd February 2017, 14:35   #25334
BHPian

Quote:

Try buybackmart.com and reglobe.in/.com. Price may be lower than what you might get by selling directly, but much lesser hassle.
Old 2nd February 2017, 14:48   #25335
BHPian

Quote:
A friend of mine sold a year old 16gb iPhone 6 on Cashify for ~20k. Hope this helps.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks