Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2017, 11:12   #25366
Team-BHP Support

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
When i went to pick it up, the phone was super hot and i noticed that the charging port and the cable is melted.
Tough one, given that you aren't using the original charger!

Which charger were you using? Was it new?
Old 24th February 2017, 12:15   #25367
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkkaran View Post
Service centres will brush it off by saying, using fake power adapter, or improper power supply, power surge etc.
This is regardless of warranty status.

Unfortunately, your only option is to try making it viral: tweets and fb posts to gain their attention.

(Im assuming that you used a genuine power adapter and cable, and there was no power surge)
Actually it was getting hot when i had connected the phone to the laptop to transfer some photos. However i noticed it and unplugged.

Later in the evening, i put it again for charge. And this happened

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Tough one, given that you aren't using the original charger!

Which charger were you using? Was it new?

Original LG charger with a longer cable from CHOETECH .
Old 24th February 2017, 12:34   #25368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Any recommendations for a cover for Redmi note 4? I could find only limited options online. Also would redmi note 3 cover also fit tis device? As far as I remember both the devices were of same size right?
No, Rn3 cover doesn't fit Rn4 properly as i have both.
Check with your local mobile shop guy. I was able to procure a good transparent one for 100 bucks easily 10 days back.
Old 24th February 2017, 13:38   #25369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post

Original LG charger with a longer cable from CHOETECH .
There's your answer right there. That is what any manufacturer will hold on to.
Old 25th February 2017, 09:54   #25370
Distinguished - BHPian

Sorry for the off-topic post but really surprised to see Youtube phone reviewer Ranjit now coming out with advertisements for his youtube channel - Geeky Ranjit. How much money can one make up using Youtube?
Old 25th February 2017, 11:03   #25371
BHPian

Quote:
How much money can one make up using Youtube?
This might give you an idea -

To me it seems they can make reasonably good money.
Old 25th February 2017, 11:33   #25372
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordvader View Post
To me it seems they can make reasonably good money.
Hmm, interesting, while he dragged the answer a bit for the first few minutes he did give a good hint on his final earnings and I suppose it is the most candid revelation that any YouTuber has given thus far on the earnings part.

Indirectly he means to say that he makes close to Rs.3-4L per month, rounding off at close to Rs.50L per annum should the views be consistent.

That is some crazy money, all for answering silly questions like which phone or laptop to buy (I sincerely mean no disrespect, we all do reviews here as well, and a large portion of the public who aren't well versed with technology or whatever rely greatly on such reviews). I refrain from asking others questions on which phone/car/laptop though, we all have our own preferences and I buy what I like or prefer. All phones have the same basic functions and features at the end of the day and if quality is very important then one should not cry about pricing and expect flagship specs at <Rs.10.000/-. I own a Sony phone that costed about Rs.50k and it is worth every bit, the speed, the camera, the sound quality (HD upscaling software) and the battery all better than any other brand, ever, and only those who use a Sony will understand that.

Otherwise just to get views one can as well say that OnePlus or other assorted Chinese stuff gives much more for less money and people will be super-happy (far from reality though).
Old 25th February 2017, 18:22   #25373
BHPian

Sorry for going slightly OT, I am looking for a good Bluetooth headset for taking phone calls below 3k price range.

I have tried using Nokia BH-110U and jabra BT2046 but when using these people were complaining of disturbance with just the ceiling fan on and I have to directly talk using the handset.
Looking for pointers on a headset with decent noise cancellation based on personal experience.
I shortlisted Jabra stealth based on online reviews but the earlier two I used also had decent reviews so not confident of taking the plunge.
Old 27th February 2017, 10:46   #25374
BHPian

Quote:
Any recommendations for a cover for Redmi note 4? I could find only limited options online. Also would redmi note 3 cover also fit tis device? As far as I remember both the devices were of same size right?
I bought the cover from mi.com. The quality is good and the cover itself is very slim. The price is high at 349 though.

http://buy.mi.com/in/item/3164700003

Quote:
Sorry for the off-topic post but really surprised to see Youtube phone reviewer Ranjit now coming out with advertisements for his Youtube channel - Geeky Ranjit. How much money can one make up using Youtube?
I am not sure of the money but now I can see that these reviewers have come up in good numbers. GeekyRanjit does not say anything apart from "This feature is actually very good" . There is nothing technical in all of these reviews except words like "Good", "Not so good" or "Amazing"

For technical details, I go to GSMArena and for real reviews, I follow actual user and buyer reviews from Amazon, Flipkart or GSMArena.

Sorry, I did not mean to offend anyone and it is just my personal opinion
Old 27th February 2017, 11:50   #25375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
I own a Sony phone that costed about Rs.50k and it is worth every bit, the speed, the camera, the sound quality (HD upscaling software)
Otherwise just to get views one can as well say that OnePlus or other assorted Chinese stuff gives much more for less money and people will be super-happy (far from reality though).
Reading this makes me feel a little poor for buying a redmi note 3 thinking that it is amazing hardware at that price point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by para_7k View Post
For technical details, I go to GSMArena and for real reviews, I follow actual user and buyer reviews from Amazon, Flipkart or GSMArena.
I used to check out tech websites such as android central or techradar (not the india one). Reviews on such websites are fairly detailed and more in sync with the tech landscape. For e.g. - http://www.androidcentral.com/google-pixel
Old 3rd March 2017, 00:25   #25376
Senior - BHPian

I just discovered Benson Leung. His website is ideal for those among us who use phones with USB-C chargers and are OCD about quality.

https://plus.google.com/+BensonLeung go check out cables there before you buy. Incidentally he even criticizes OnePlus for selling cables that are non-standard and can damage laptops etc.

@sagar - Simply get it repaired at your cost - there is no chance in hell any company will honor your warranty with a non-OEM cable. Plus chargers have 6 month warranty - its not worth your time IMHO.

Last edited by phamilyman : 3rd March 2017 at 00:30.
Old 4th March 2017, 09:32   #25377
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by para_7k View Post
I bought the cover from mi.com. The quality is good and the cover itself is very slim. The price is high at 349 though.

http://buy.mi.com/in/item/3164700003
Ordered the same too. Quality is quite decent and fit is perfect. Happy with the buy although the price is a bit steep. But amazon and flipkart had bad reviews for most covers so stayed away. Thanks for your help.
Old 4th March 2017, 10:41   #25378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry for the off-topic post but really surprised to see Youtube phone reviewer Ranjit now coming out with advertisements for his Youtube channel - Geeky Ranjit. How much money can one make up using Youtube?
I've nothing against him, but just don't prefer such reviewers. They're likely biased because YouTube is still a "numbers game" of sorts, where views are rewarded rather than merit.

Ever noticed how much they just keep repeating barely meaningful generic statements like, "pretty, gudd... uh gud... quite impressive... very nice... Uh abit disappointing, but ok, price point... "

They play games & boast with performance benchmarks, but only few normal buyers realise that smartphone brands have started tweaking phones to make them work to full capacity only during those specific benchmarks tests, and work on reduced/normal capacity the rest of the time on other apps (where the phone could work with a lag).

Very reason why I seek personal recommendations by those who really know.
Old 4th March 2017, 10:43   #25379
Senior - BHPian

The redmi note 4 I bought 20 days back it's power on button isn't working. Also, it has stopped charging. What could be the issue? Anyone has experience with Mi service center in how much time they take for repairs ?
Old 4th March 2017, 12:34   #25380
Senior - BHPian

Between OP3T / 128 GB and S7 edge black pearl 128 GB, which one should i consider? Is the S7 edge that much worth over the OP3T?

Most Viewed