Team-BHP - Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/83859-android-thread-phones-apps-mods-1790.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by PetrolRider (Post 4331898)
I am not a video camera buff person and mostly stick to still photos. But, the limited videos that have taken so far, I would say they are pretty decent. Colors come as natural and sound is good. In broad day light conditions, videos taken while walking are very much stabilized and it won’t end up with those haziness things.
Again, I have to admit, I have not yet taken any video in low light condition. I will try to take few videos and update here when time permits.
Sorry for not being too helpful.

Thanks for the feedback! :)
Good to know about the stabilization :thumbs up

Though reviews these days cover almost all aspects of the phone, but still wanted to know from owners first hand. Thanks for sharing!

Quote:

Originally Posted by PetrolRider (Post 4331898)
In broad day light conditions, videos taken while walking are very much stabilized and it won’t end up with those haziness things.

Talking of stabilization!
http://bgr.com/2017/12/25/galaxy-not...recording-ois/
Galaxy Note 8 crushes iPhone X and Pixel 2 in OIS video recording comparison

Got the Moto X4 yesterday. It's the 4/64GB variant. The piece I have is an October manufactured one with a September security patch. Immediately after finishing the setup got security patch for November. Now today morning got message for Oreo update. Am on the fence with this. Should I update now or wait for the reviews? I am only concerned about impact on battery life. Please advise.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajivr1612 (Post 4334260)
Now today morning got message for Oreo update. Am on the fence with this. Should I update now or wait for the reviews? I am only concerned about impact on battery life. Please advise.

With each update, there is improvement in Battery life! Go-ahead with Oreo update.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajivr1612 (Post 4334260)
Got the Moto X4 yesterday. It's the 4/64GB variant. The piece I have is an October manufactured one with a September security patch. Immediately after finishing the setup got security patch for November. Now today morning got message for Oreo update. Am on the fence with this. Should I update now or wait for the reviews? I am only concerned about impact on battery life. Please advise.

Does the phone have compass? How is the map experience?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajesh1868 (Post 4334382)
Does the phone have compass? How is the map experience?

Yes. It does have compass. Also lock on to location very quickly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by finneyp (Post 4334369)
With each update, there is improvement in Battery life! Go-ahead with Oreo update.

Thanks. Did the update a little while back. No issues so far.

Dear Experts,

A friend of mine has an oppo A37f phone. Running on Color OS V1.2.
His son, accidently applied the pin to that phone & is now unable to recall it. I know its a two step verification, but that's the story he told me. He did tried to do a factory reset as well. However, this particular phone does not gives an option of wiping the entire data. It only allows to wipe data, by keeping SMS's, Photos & patter lock in place. I don't know why. Nor does it allows to clear the cache either.

I tried downloading a fresh OS copy from oppo website, copied it to Memory card & do a fresh install from Memory card. It still does not removes pin lock. :Frustrati

Any suggestions how can we get over with this issue & get the phone working.

Regards,
Saurabh

Quote:

Originally Posted by saurabh2711 (Post 4335628)
A friend of mine has an oppo A37f phone. Running on Color OS V1.2.
His son, accidently applied the pin to that phone & is now unable to recall it.

If it is Android's PIN locking, then after you give the wrong PIN a few times it will (should; not sure of derivatives like Color OS) give you an option to reset it using the configured Google account's credentials.

If it is the GSM's PIN locking, then I believe you can request a PUK code from the operator. A visit to the service centre and KYC stuff might be required.

Quote:

Originally Posted by binand (Post 4335636)
If it is Android's PIN locking, then after you give the wrong PIN a few times it will (should; not sure of derivatives like Color OS) give you an option to reset it using the configured Google account's credentials.

Many thanks binand,

Absolutely (it is Android Pin Lock), it gives an option of "Forgot password". Primarily it is not taking the credentials we provide; He is absolutely sure, he is using the credentials of account that was configured.
However, the question is if at all we succeed in providing the correct credentials, how will it connect without an internet connection. We are not able to enable Wi-Fi either.
The phone at this moment is as good as a bricked one. :(

Regards,
Saurabh

Quote:

Originally Posted by saurabh2711 (Post 4335643)
if at all we succeed in providing the correct credentials, how will it connect without an internet connection.

Ah OK; that method probably needs Internet access (not sure; will try sometime).

Quote:

Originally Posted by saurabh2711 (Post 4335628)
He did tried to do a factory reset as well. However, this particular phone does not gives an option of wiping the entire data. It only allows to wipe data, by keeping SMS's, Photos & patter lock in place.

This can't be right. This would mean that the phone cannot ever be sold in the seconds market. I'm sure there is a factory reset option that would truly reset it to the way it was when it came out of the box.

See: http://www.hardreset.info/devices/oppo/oppo-a37/

It says "In the next step select Wipe data and cache twice." - did you do it twice?

Quote:

Originally Posted by binand (Post 4335664)

Thanks Again,
The funny part is while I go through this process, I do not see option as "Wipe data & Cache" on this screen, it only says "Wipe data". Then it does allows to clear everything, it keeps SMS, photo & Pattern lock intact. :Frustrati

I'll post the screenshots of that screen in the evening, when I reach home.

Regards,
Saurabh

Quote:

Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata (Post 4330972)
I also got my 9i yesterday and first impressions is I am loving it.

Hi,

Honor 9i is available for 13.5k on flipkart (after exchanging my year old redmi 3s prime). But, there is no mention of gift box or anything. Do you think its a good option? Can you please also comment on the bundled earphone?
How easy it is to carry in your jeans packet?

Thanks in advance
girish

My wife has an htc and the old bug has reared its head again. The volume in the earphone is dropping once again. We have faced it twice so I guess it may be a standard htc bug.

Any suggestions. I am looking at a mid-price unit from a old manufacturer, say in the price range up to ₹20,000 or even 30,000. It must be 4G, and preferably dual sim (nano-SIM). My main unit is a Samsung S8.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgiitk (Post 4335719)

Any suggestions. I am looking at a mid-price unit from a old manufacturer, say in the price range up to ₹20,000 or even 30,000. It must be 4G, and preferably dual sim (nano-SIM). My main unit is a Samsung S8.

Samsung is launching the 2018 Galaxy A8+ tomorrow (on Amazon). You could check out that.