Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2018, 18:44   #27211
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Presumably the manufacturer's user research has told them that the more common use-case is to end the call rather than mute the call, so they made it more accessible.

Product designers face this sort of conundrum all the time I guess. :-)
An option on the phone/settings menu to select between the two would be useful depending on the user.
Old 25th April 2018, 19:03   #27212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
An option on the phone/settings menu to select between the two would be useful depending on the user.
The TRRS standard (the 3.5mm connector that is used in most phones) does not have any way of passing control sequences to the accessory device - I think.
Old 25th April 2018, 23:00   #27213
BHPian

Re: Google Contacts Sync Issues!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Been there and done that!

It seems to be much more than that. Lots have similar issues. Does any here, have a workaround or found a fix, please share. It's like what contacts we see on GMail/Laptop is NOT there on the Device.
Is sync enabled for your gmail account under contacts? Try manual sync or turn the feature off and turn it back on. Good luck. I have a S9+ and don't have any issues with viewing google contacts.
Old 26th April 2018, 00:16   #27214
BHPian

My galaxy S7 takes much more time to charge after the recent ota update. It usually gets charged in 90 mins with fast charging enabled but now it takes close to 120 mins. Anybody else faced this issue?
Old 26th April 2018, 03:52   #27215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin_bhp View Post
Is sync enabled for your gmail account under contacts? Try manual sync or turn the feature off and turn it back on. Good luck. I have a S9+ and don't have any issues with viewing google contacts.
I don't see a setting for 'sync' OR NOT to 'sync' under GMail > Contacts on a browser. How do you access this setting?
Old 26th April 2018, 06:36   #27216
BHPian

Quote:
I don't see a setting for 'sync' OR NOT to 'sync' under GMail > Contacts on a browser. How do you access this setting?
I meant the contacts app on the phone.
Old 26th April 2018, 07:05   #27217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...some suggested to export the contacts from GMail, delete all the contacts in GMail and import back from the CSV file removing the google plus URLs. Did all these, BUT the import back to google is NOT taking place...
Quote:
It's like what contacts we see on GMail/Laptop is NOT there on the Device.
Didn't quite understand. You deleted all your contacts, and now aren't seeing any on your phone? Is that the problem?

Quote:
This is on your phone. Go to Settings > Accounts > Google > problem account and check if Contacts sync is enabled or not. Also first make sure your contacts are intact in https://contacts.google.com.

Edit: Google's contact management leaves a lot to be desired. I personally use FullContact (https://www.fullcontact.com) for this purpose.

Last edited by binand : 26th April 2018 at 07:06.
Old 26th April 2018, 07:31   #27218
BHPian

Quote:
Which model of phone are you using? I do not have this problem with the contacts not syncing. I beleive the issue is with the contacts not syncing with the google account on the phone. If you can tell the model, we can try to pin point the exact location where the setting needs to be changed.
Old 26th April 2018, 09:03   #27219
BHPian

Re: Contacts Mismatch on Device and Google Account?

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin_bhp View Post
I meant the contacts app on the phone.
My bad! I assumed it to be on GMail/Contacts on the Laptop.

Quote:
Didn't quite understand. You deleted all your contacts, and now aren't seeing any on your phone? Is that the problem?
Actually, coz of some other issues had to reset the phone. When I logged into my google account on the freshly reset phone, it failed to pull all the contacts from google account.

Quote:
This is on your phone. Go to Settings > Accounts > Google > problem account and check if Contacts sync is enabled or not. Also first make sure your contacts are intact in https://contacts.google.com.
It has been enabled on the phone, and have been repeatedly invoked to ascertain whether it pulls, all the contacts from google.

Quote:
Edit: Google's contact management leaves a lot to be desired. I personally use FullContact (https://www.fullcontact.com) for this purpose.
Interesting! How does this work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by get2bid View Post
Which model of phone are you using? I do not have this problem with the contacts not syncing. I beleive the issue is with the contacts not syncing with the google account on the phone. If you can tell the model, we can try to pin point the exact location where the setting needs to be changed.
Lenovo K6 Power.
Yes, you are right. The google account on the phone is unable to pull all the contacts from the Google/GMail contacts.
Old 26th April 2018, 14:40   #27220
BHPian

The default contact app on Lenovo phones has the limitation of being able to import and display only 1000 contacts. A workaround for this is to install google contacts (I have 1.6.15) from apkmirror and then import the contacts through it. (Import through a vcf file) Should work and all your contacts should show in the native default contact app too.
Old 26th April 2018, 15:21   #27221
BHPian

Re: Contacts Mismatch on Device and Google Account?

Quote:
Lenovo K6 Power.
Yes, you are right. The google account on the phone is unable to pull all the contacts from the Google/GMail contacts.
Were you able to import the contacts back to your google account on the laptop?

As mentioned by Turbo_Charger, the problem is with the number of contacts which can be shown by default.

You will need to download the Google Contacts app to display all your contacts. Hope this helps.
Old 28th April 2018, 19:28   #27222
GTO
Team-BHP Support

My 2.5 year old S6 Edge looks sleek & the hardware is in great shape. However, as I'd posted earlier on this thread, the phone was getting terribly sluggish. Fellow BHPians helped out with some tips, but the general consensus was, a factory reset is the way to go.

Spoke to Viddy who convinced me and thus, I reset it today. Reinstalled all the apps and it's now blazing fast . Good for at least another 6 months (warranty is valid till November ).
Old 30th April 2018, 20:21   #27223
Team-BHP Support

My phone usage data mined from an app called ANTI SOCIAL:

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-screenshot_20180430195326.png

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-screenshot_20180430195345.png

- Last week, my phone usage varied from 90 mins to 240 mins per day. Today's phone usage (till the time screenshot was taken) is 75 mins.
- Average phone usage among ANTI SOCIAL users is around 210 mins per day
- I do 38 unlocks per day as compared to others' 30 unlocks.
- I spend 40% of my phone time on whatsapp.
- Call usage at 27 mins seems low for a week, but I also make/receive calls on whatsapp.

Based on this kind of usage, there is still around 50% to 55% available battery charge at the end of the day on my Nokia 8. I have switched off all notifications, background data usage and background activity for almost all the apps.

Last edited by SmartCat : 30th April 2018 at 20:29.
Old 30th April 2018, 20:41   #27224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
My 2.5 year old S6 Edge looks sleek & the hardware is in great shape. However, as I'd posted earlier on this thread, the phone was getting terribly sluggish. Fellow BHPians helped out with some tips, but the general consensus was, a factory reset is the way to go.

Spoke to Viddy who convinced me and thus, I reset it today. Reinstalled all the apps and it's now blazing fast . Good for at least another 6 months (warranty is valid till November ).
Another process is you can flash the stock ROM of your phone via Odin. Odin is a stock ROM flashing tool of Samsung phones (flashing process differ from phone to phone, my last Samsung, which was Galaxy Y had a 3 minute process ). It is always handy to keep the stock ROM of your phone in your laptop computer along with the flashing software. Flashing stock ROMs also clears any software related issues like particular apps not working the way they are supposed to, or phone not booting etc. What it basically does is, it erases the existing operating software of your phone and replaces it with the new operating software that you flashed. Much like our very own ECU remapping and stuff . However, since your phone is in warranty it is best to let Samsung customer care handle the stuff because if something goes wrong during the process the warranty has changes of being voided.

A link describing the process
http://www.w0lfdroid.com/2015/04/How...-Edge.html?m=1
Old 3rd May 2018, 07:24   #27225
Team-BHP Support

Nokia 8 Sirocco or the upcoming One Plus 6?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks