Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2018, 18:41   #27271
Oxy
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvijay View Post
Suggest the OP 5T. Pl look into the reviews that reveal the depth of the images captured in the 5T and you’d be pleasantly surprised. Let me know what did you decide on finally.

Cheers,
Vijay
Doesn't make sense to buy the OP 5T now when the OP 6 is already available for pre booking.

https://www.amazon.in/b/ref=s9_acss_...d_i=1389401031

Last edited by Oxy : 15th May 2018 at 18:43.
Old 15th May 2018, 19:09   #27272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
Any first hand experience with the Nokia 7 plus here? Looks like a worthy successor for my erstwhile Nexus 5x, except for the heft. Also wary about the camera performance. It hasn't got very good reviews despite sharing the Pixel's camera module.

Currently, am torn between the LG G6 and Nokia 7 plus.
Went ahead and ordered one in Black/Copper. It was out of stock since yesterday, and out of the blue, one came in stock for a few minutes and I grabbed it. Availed ICICI cashback of 2600, still kind of expensive for a midrange phone, but I hope the 'clean' Android is worth it.

Its kinda funny that we have to pay more to get untouched Android.
Old 15th May 2018, 20:09   #27273
BANNED

Quote:
Went ahead and ordered one in Black/Copper. It was out of stock since yesterday, and out of the blue, one came in stock for a few minutes and I grabbed it. Availed ICICI cashback of 2600, still kind of expensive for a midrange phone, but I hope the 'clean' Android is worth it.

Its kinda funny that we have to pay more to get untouched Android.
I got the Nokia 7 plus in White/Copper on Saturday. Coming from Nexus 5, this one felt bit heavy. The display is good , so is the battery. Stock android was the main reason and budget. I had bought Nexus 5 for 20000 in 2013 and now paying 23000 for this one was reasonable. The few cons are the average call clarity and speaker loudness for phone calls. I think Mi A2 would have been a better buy.
Old 16th May 2018, 18:43   #27274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
I got the Nokia 7 plus in White/Copper on Saturday. Coming from Nexus 5, this one felt bit heavy. The display is good , so is the battery. Stock android was the main reason and budget. I had bought Nexus 5 for 20000 in 2013 and now paying 23000 for this one was reasonable. The few cons are the average call clarity and speaker loudness for phone calls. I think Mi A2 would have been a better buy.
Voice quality is important to me. If it turns out to be really bad I would have to let it go.

BTW, it seems to have one of the best camspeed scores around.
Old 17th May 2018, 08:16   #27275
Distinguished - BHPian

OP 6 reviews have started to come out on Youtube. Looks good but miss the wireless charging. Hope it will be <35k .
Old 17th May 2018, 09:22   #27276
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
OP 6 reviews have started to come out on Youtube. Looks good but miss the wireless charging. Hope it will be <35k .
Still no wireless charging! for a 2018 phone! having been using phones with wireless charging since 2014, I just can't think of a flagship phone without that. When OP6 can copy that horrible notch display from the ipX, they should also have copied good features like "no bezel even at the bottom" and "wireless charging" from ipX (which itself was a late introduction IMO). Hopefully OP6t will come with these.

Anyway, I'll be surprised if it is priced <35K. The 2 versions of OP5t was at 33K and 38K. I expect this to be 38K and 43K.

Slowly I feel OP is moving away from the Flagship Killer tag. Compared to how OP1 was priced and loaded, the latest models are no killers. They may just be able to give a couple of soft blows may be
Old 17th May 2018, 12:52   #27277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Slowly I feel OP is moving away from the Flagship Killer tag. Compared to how OP1 was priced and loaded, the latest models are no killers. They may just be able to give a couple of soft blows may be
Its a Oppo R15 with a Snapdragon chipset and vanilla android UI (not stock android). I don't get the hype.

And why is everybody going after glass backs? And even when there is no wireless charging.

Last edited by civic-sense : 17th May 2018 at 12:55.
Old 17th May 2018, 13:38   #27278
Oxy
BHPian

The Honor 10 looks like an interesting alternative to the OP6 I believe (priced at Rs.32,999).

Has some interesting launch offers running too, such as Rs.3000 exchange bonus and 10% flat discount on Axis Bank credit cards.
Old 17th May 2018, 16:07   #27279
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
In fact it is. The price for 6GB variant is 34999/-
8GB is 39999/-
Open sale on 21st may

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 17th May 2018 at 16:11.
Old 17th May 2018, 16:09   #27280
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
In fact it is. the price is 34999/-
Open sale on 21st may

. Just finished watching the launch. Liked the price .
Old 17th May 2018, 16:39   #27281

Mobile App to Wrong Parking issues and Accident alerts

I am sharing this very useful Road Safety app, Guardian - be safe , www.guardian-app.co which is being very actively used by our society members in chandigarh. I live in a society where every flat has at least 3 or 4 cars and we have just one parking space allotted to us and it is a daily scene that some resident car is blocked by some other resident's car ( by mistake or by elderly people ) and now to just maintain harmony among residents we use this app as a solution. The app also saved my time and frustration once, when my car was blocked in a market in zirakhpur (near chandigarh) and i saw the sticker of the app on the vehicle and was able to message the owner. BTW!! putting sticker of connected on app is a better/safer way then putting phone numbers because of the misuse and to avoid aggressive conversations. I am not very comfortable displaying my number in public.

The app is also very useful in case of an accident. I have copied some text from their website which explains there features and i think it is a very useful information to share and a great initiative by someone.

I strongly believe that Road Safety is a community issue rather then just of the govt and hope this community also grown like this wonderful forum of team-bhp.

Below are the features as explained on their website

Helping Accident Victims

When it comes to emergency care of an accident victim, the first hour after the accident is called the “golden hour” and the way the victim is handled in that hour has the maximum effect on the victim’s survival chances.

To ensure that the victim gets the best possible medical assistance in that hour, it is important to inform the family members of the victim, who can ensure the best affordable treatment is provided to the victim.

Guardian – Be Safe mobile app can send alerts to people registered as guardian/emergency contact on a vehicle registration number. The alert is sent on the mobile phone of the guardian/emergency contact along with the GPS coordinates of accident location.

To receive an alert, a user can register themselves as guardian/emergency contact on vehicle registration number of vehicles of their family member or else the user can register as owner of the vehicle and give details of people to be sent alert incase of an accident.

Any user of the app can trigger the accident alert and the user also gets an option in-app to inform the local accident helpline as well.

Solution to Wrong Parking

Many drivers have come across a situation, where their vehicle gets blocked in a parking lot due to a wrongly parked vehicle and the driver is stuck with no way to communicate with the other vehicle owner. Now, the blocked driver can message the owner of other vehicle using this app by using their vehicle number as messaging address. No personal contact details are ever disclosed and the communication happens using vehicle number as the address for message. Further to safeguard the interest of app users, the user can send only fixed template message and that also only once, on a particular vehicle number, in 24 hours. This feature can also be used, if someone parks their car blocking somebody’s driveway/gate, which is very common in congested housing colonies.

Social Rating of Vehicles – To curb Road Rage

We all have faced this situation where a rashly driven car or someone honking excessively spoils our mood or gets us in road-rage. Now, to discourage road rage, we have started with social rating of vehicles. If you see someone driving rashly or breaking traffic rules, you can give them a dislike on Guardian – be safe app. Any body using the app can see the rating of a vehicle number and a bad rating could result in poor resale value, higher insurance cost or loss of business rash taxi drivers.

Would love to hear what fellow bhpians think of this app.
Attached Thumbnails
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-img_5094.jpg  

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-photo201805171527301.jpg  

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-photo201805171527312.jpg  

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-photo20180517152730.jpg  

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-photo20180517152731.jpg  

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-photo201805171527311.jpg  

Tj00072 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2018, 18:03   #27282
BHPian

Having a tough time deciding between huwaei pro 20 and OP6. At least the former has one clear winning feature. The latter just seems ordinary. The difference in price is however hard to justify
Old 17th May 2018, 18:30   #27283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolin View Post
Having a tough time deciding between huwaei pro 20 and OP6. At least the former has one clear winning feature. The latter just seems ordinary. The difference in price is however hard to justify
The USP of the P20 pro is its camera and OP6 camera would't be anywhere near it. If you are even considering the P20, then you have the money to pay for it. So if the camera is important to you, get the P20 Pro.

If you compromise on something you really need, you will regret it every time you pick up the phone.
Old 17th May 2018, 18:43   #27284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
The Honor 10 looks like an interesting alternative to the OP6 I believe (priced at Rs.32,999).

Has some interesting launch offers running too, such as Rs.3000 exchange bonus and 10% flat discount on Axis Bank credit cards.
I'm exchanging my Oneplus X for Honor 10 and I've pre-ordered yesterday on Flipkart.
Old 18th May 2018, 12:11   #27285
BHPian

Quote:
Its a Oppo R15 with a Snapdragon chipset and vanilla android UI (not stock android). I don't get the hype.

True and what else can one expect when the Parent company of Oppo, Vivo and One Plus is the same ( BKK or BBK something) and to top all this, they started off as a nintendo copycat. Copying runs in their genes.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks