Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2018, 11:58   #27346
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
I'm wondering as to what's happening with the order.
Has your order been shipped yet? Mine was supposed to be delivered today but no sign of even shipping till now. In these matters Amazon is very professional unlike Flipkart.
Old 25th May 2018, 15:03   #27347
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Has your order been shipped yet? Mine was supposed to be delivered today but no sign of even shipping till now. In these matters Amazon is very professional unlike Flipkart.
Hi, yes the phone was delivered yesterday evening. Setting up the phone was a breeze.

Coming from Oneplus X, I find the camera in Honor 10 just too good

I shall post more updates after an extensive usage during the weekend.

One miss - Double tap to wake up the phone is not available. I sorely miss this function.
Old 25th May 2018, 15:12   #27348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post

One miss - Double tap to wake up the phone is not available. I sorely miss this function.
I thought this is a standard feature in later versions of Android. I too use oneplus x and this is one of my favourite feature. I don't have to fumble around to find power button while driving car.
Old 25th May 2018, 16:21   #27349
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
In these matters Amazon is very professional unlike Flipkart.
So this all across and not specific to my location. Flipkart is more customer oriented, this is what I feel as well.

Waiting for more information on OP6 and then decide between both (Honor 10 and OP6)
Old 26th May 2018, 21:30   #27350
BHPian

Re: Oreo for Lenovo K6 Power?

Anyone here using LineageOS 15.1 on Lenovo 'K6 Power'? How's it faring?

Now that we know Lenovo won't update this device with Oreo, have to look around for stable ROMs if there are any.

Please pour in your suggestions!
Old 26th May 2018, 23:50   #27351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakarthik1 View Post
Just go and get yourself a samsung note 8. I am no samsung fanboy and have used nexus all my life but note 8 is simply in a different league. Its just a beautifully well put together device. You will get some good deals too now. And don't worry you will get used to the fingerprint reader in a few hours.
This is on my radar but only negative for me is 64 GB Rom. Migrating from Note 4 32GB version after more than 3 years I want 128 GB version which is not available. If Memory card was not Hybrid then I would have gone ahead with it though. I do not want S8 or S9. So waiting for Note 9 now.
Old 27th May 2018, 20:17   #27352
BHPian

Hi everyone. In some sort of a fix on which phone to buy.

I currently have a Samsung Note 5. Have always been a Note fan, had the Note 2 before the Note 5.

Note 5 didn't come with expandable memory card and I had brought the 32gb variant. So, struggling with managing memory now. The phone also has become super slow for some reason and takes its own sweet time to load even basic apps like WhatsApp or Gmail.

Now, I am thinking of replacing this phone with either the OP6 / S9+ or the P20 Pro

I know a friend of mine who is an employee at Samsung and he can get the S9+ 128gb at 49k Post all cashback and employee discounts. The OP6 is 40k and the P20 Pro is 64k for equivalent 128gb variants. I don't know if the P20 deserves a 24k premium over the oneplus just for the better camera.

If the P20 Pro was anywhere close to 50k, I would have blindly gone for it by now. I like the S9+, but, the way the note 5 has slowed down after 2.5 years, I am wary of going for a Samsung again - I am thinking it could be a problem of the exynos processors instead of SD 845 that they use in India for Samsung?

The OP6 from whatever I have heard is the best in terms of speed and blows everything else away. However, I don't need the speed for running games and such, as long as I can check mails / message and use the other basic apps and multitask between them fast, that should suffice for me.

Any feedback on what I should go with will help what would you have done if you guys were in the same predicament as me right now?

Thanks in advance.
Old 27th May 2018, 21:22   #27353
Senior - BHPian

This is what Mr. Makhni had to say about the Honor 10 vs the Oneplus 6 battle... Interesting

Quote:
Honor10 vs OnePlus 6

Honor10 leads with its camera and AI; its front fingerprint scanner is slightly better-looking and has a better feel. The OnePlus 6 is insanely high specced and powered. Due to a more aggressive price and features, the Honor 10 is ahead of the OnePlus 6.

https://m.hindustantimes.com/brunch/...GAMWL_amp.html
Cheers...
Old 28th May 2018, 09:51   #27354
BHPian

MKBHD's review on OP6 is out.

Old 28th May 2018, 09:53   #27355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimified View Post
Hi everyone. In some sort of a fix on which phone to buy.

I currently have a Samsung Note 5. Have always been a Note fan, had the Note 2 before the Note 5.

Note 5 didn't come with expandable memory card and I had brought the 32gb variant. So, struggling with managing memory now. The phone also has become super slow for some reason and takes its own sweet time to load even basic apps like WhatsApp or Gmail.

Now, I am thinking of replacing this phone with either the OP6 / S9+ or the P20 Pro

I know a friend of mine who is an employee at Samsung and he can get the S9+ 128gb at 49k Post all cashback and employee discounts. The OP6 is 40k and the P20 Pro is 64k for equivalent 128gb variants. I don't know if the P20 deserves a 24k premium over the oneplus just for the better camera.

If the P20 Pro was anywhere close to 50k, I would have blindly gone for it by now. I like the S9+, but, the way the note 5 has slowed down after 2.5 years, I am wary of going for a Samsung again - I am thinking it could be a problem of the exynos processors instead of SD 845 that they use in India for Samsung?
At that price, the S9+ all the way. No notch!

And memory card slot and of course if memory serves me correctly it has proper water proofing and wireless charging.

And an excellent camera and that gorgeous display.
Old 28th May 2018, 10:15   #27356
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Any feedback on what I should go with will help what would you have done if you guys were in the same predicament as me right now?

Thanks in advance.

Are you sure you don't want to try this first ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
My 2.5 year old S6 Edge looks sleek & the hardware is in great shape. However, as I'd posted earlier on this thread, the phone was getting terribly sluggish. Fellow BHPians helped out with some tips, but the general consensus was, a factory reset is the way to go.

Spoke to Viddy who convinced me and thus, I reset it today. Reinstalled all the apps and it's now blazing fast . Good for at least another 6 months (warranty is valid till November ).
Old 28th May 2018, 11:28   #27357
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
This is what Mr. Makhni had to say about the Honor 10 vs the Oneplus 6 battle... Interesting

Cheers...
Can Honor’s notch be disabled?
Old 29th May 2018, 08:01   #27358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
At that price, the S9+ all the way. No notch!

And memory card slot and of course if memory serves me correctly it has proper water proofing and wireless charging.

And an excellent camera and that gorgeous display.
Thanks. Yes. S9+ makes so much sense at that price. But I think I just changed my mind and won't buy anything for the next 6 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Are you sure you don't want to try this first ?
Thank you so much. I did a full data reset last evening after backing up everything. The phone then re-downloaded all the 160 odd apps.

Its become very fast now. Hope it stays this way for another 6 months atleast.

You just postponed my 50k investment on the phone Now I'll wait for the Note 9 / OP7 or the S10+ maybe.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 30th May 2018 at 22:52. Reason: Smileys = 2 per post. Please stick to the rules. Thanks!
Old 29th May 2018, 09:35   #27359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Yes. S9+ makes so much sense at that price. But I think I just changed my mind and won't buy anything for the next 6 months

Thank you so much. I did a full data reset last evening after backing up everything. The phone then re-downloaded all the 160 odd apps.

Its become very fast now. Hope it stays this way for another 6 months atleast.

You just postponed my 50k investment on the phone Now I'll wait for the Note 9 / OP7 or the S10+ maybe.
Congrats on money saved! I wish i was as resistant to temptation as you are

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 30th May 2018 at 22:52. Reason: Quoted post edited.
Old 29th May 2018, 11:15   #27360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5hadow View Post
I got it in the first sale at around 12:07.

I got the 3/32 variant.

No luck for me, tried last Thursday but it was out of stock before you could blink.
I guess there are more admirers of it now.

How is 3/32 holding up for your father?
This used to be good enough configuration earlier, but now a days with 4/64 variants available profusely default seems to have moved to it.

I was looking for this or Oppo Realme 1 for my sister, the Oppo model is only available in 3/32 and 6/128, hence the question for you.

Folks, anyone in general tried out Oppo Realme 1 (any config)?
Please share your feedback.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks