Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2018, 09:38   #27916
Oxy
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Absence of 3.5mm Headphone jack would be BIG negative. They should have brought 'lite' version to India, which overcomes this deficiency.
We have the 'lite' version in India. It's called the Redmi 6 Pro. It doesn't come with Android One though.
Old 12th October 2018, 09:39   #27917
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragM View Post
I am looking to replace my Moto G4 Plus this festive season. Budget is around 15,000.
I got the Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 for my wife at Flipkart, including exchanges and discounts for around 7500. I think its good VFM for that price. Please check it out if it interests you

Last edited by ampere : 14th October 2018 at 16:39. Reason: Compacted quoted post + Typo fixed
Old 12th October 2018, 09:47   #27918
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
We have the 'lite' version in India. It's called the Redmi 6 Pro. It doesn't come with Android One though.
Couple of days back I brought this phone for my wife. As mentioned by you, this is not an Android One phone. Camera is pathetic and Notch display is a joke. System already lags. Therefore, I would not recommend this phone to anyone. My suggestion is Redmi Note 5 Pro.
Old 12th October 2018, 10:26   #27919
BHPian

Re: Flipkart Delivery?

I bought the Asus Zenfone Max Pro for 13K yesterday on sale at Flipkart. Early morning got a message saying item is shipped. The current location says Bhiwandi and the delivery is in Mumbai. I called CC and asked it to be delivered by tomorrow. But the delivery date is showing as Monday 15th.

Will they oblige customer request and deliver by tomorrow? I have a travel scheduled for Sunday. I see no point in delaying the delivery when it is in the same city.
Old 12th October 2018, 11:52   #27920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
So true. One of my friends is running Android Oreo 8.1 on his Oneplus 1, which is a five year old phone.
I also went in for it though I have a Pixel 2 XL currently. Planning on using the Pixel 2 XL as a camera for now instead of selling it!

The only issue i see with the offer is that we need to buy the next phone from Flipkart from 'select sellers'. Don't know whether these sellers will be passing on all the good offers in terms of price. Also, 8 months from now is early June when only the S10 would be out in terms of premium phones which would be very expensive (going by current prices of S9) so finding the replacement phone would be an issue. Also, Flipkart does not sell OnePlus.

Last edited by ampere : 14th October 2018 at 16:39. Reason: compacted quoted post
Old 14th October 2018, 16:01   #27921
BANNED

I bought the Samsung galaxy note 8 at 35000 from amazon.in with sbi instant cashback and after exchanging my year old Lenovo k8 note. The camera and display is really amazing. There are powerful S Pen features but I'm not a fan of the position of the fingerprint reader. Overall a nice deal?
Old 14th October 2018, 19:13   #27922
Senior - BHPian

Pixel 2XL has some great offers on paytm mall.

Price for 64GB variant is 45k with 7k cashback and an additional 5k under exchange! This brings the cost to 33k minus buyback price of the handset under exchange. For ICICI banks, there's an additional 2.5k cashback which brings the cost to 30k minus buyback handset price! This is insanely good price for a great phone
Old 14th October 2018, 20:23   #27923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Pixel 2XL has some great offers on paytm mall.

Price for 64GB variant is 45k with 7k cashback and an additional 5k under exchange! This brings the cost to 33k minus buyback price of the handset under exchange. For ICICI banks, there's an additional 2.5k cashback which brings the cost to 30k minus buyback handset price! This is insanely good price for a great phone
I have not shopped in Paytm mall before. And I am not able to figure out how to buy with exchange. The customary "buy with exchange" option seems to be missing from the product page. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.
Old 15th October 2018, 00:40   #27924
Senior - BHPian

Paytm exhange prices are moody. Iphone se that fetches around 9k on cashify will get 8000, and people have reported that any mobile in less than perfect condition were refused exchange at the time of delivery.

I have gone for pixel 2 xl from flipkart. Hope to receive it soon and break free of this Apple jail!
Old 15th October 2018, 06:48   #27925
Distinguished - BHPian

Had booked the OnePlus 6 at ~27k a few days back, delivery to happen today. Yesterday Pixel 2 XL was available on Flipkart for 36k without exchange offer, thanks to HDFC card details.

Almost went ahead and booked it; had filled up all details and only submit button was to be pressed. But left it at that!

Today morning I feel like I took the wrong decision :(
Old 15th October 2018, 08:22   #27926
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
I have not shopped in Paytm mall before. And I am not able to figure out how to buy with exchange. The customary "buy with exchange" option seems to be missing from the product page. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.
I can see it in the app.

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-smartselect_20181015081916_paytm.jpg

I checked for the Xiaomi Mi5. The exchange price quoted was 9.5k including the 5k offer. This is more or less in line with Amazon ( quote was 4.6k) or Flipkart (quote was 3.9k for the Mi5)

Last edited by joslicx : 15th October 2018 at 08:24.
Old 15th October 2018, 11:59   #27927
BHPian

Requesting feedback on Mi A2 mainly with respect to battery backup and low light camera performance.
Thinking of getting it today from Amazon with SBI discount. Also let me know if there are any major drawbacks in this phone.

Thanks in advance.
Old 15th October 2018, 12:34   #27928
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by y448 View Post
Requesting feedback on Mi A2 mainly with respect to battery backup and low light camera performance.
Thinking of getting it today from Amazon with SBI discount. Also let me know if there are any major drawbacks in this phone.

Thanks in advance.
I can comment on the battery since I use the Mi A1. Battery performance is its weak strong point. A full charge will just about take you through the day with moderate usage. And once you have loads of apps installed and it gets a few months old, the battery performance declines a little more.
Old 16th October 2018, 07:35   #27929
BHPian

Re: Asus 'Zenfone Max Pro' issues?

Any with Asus 'Zenfone Max Pro'? Picked this in the recent sale on FK.
It struggles to connect to the WiFi which is on the top floor, where my laptop connects easily from the same location.

Is there any issue with WiFi connectivity on 'Zenfone Max Pro'?
I am in the return window NOW, and need to decide asap.

Please advise!

Last edited by JMaruru : 16th October 2018 at 07:51.
Old 16th October 2018, 09:04   #27930
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Any with Asus 'Zenfone Max Pro'? Picked this in the recent sale on FK.

I am in the return window NOW, and need to decide asap.

Please advise!
Entirely your call . No one else can decide if they can live with this issue . You pay for something and expect peace of mind and joy of ownership I guess. You deserve better if you ask me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks