Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2019, 20:57   #28651
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Anyone here with S10+? I am planning to buy one for my wife so checking if there is anyone who can provide realtime feedback? Also are the offers for buds/watch still there?
Old 3rd May 2019, 07:36   #28652
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Anyone here with S10+? I am planning to buy one for my wife so checking if there is anyone who can provide realtime feedback? Also are the offers for buds/watch still there?
I have a S10. Great phone, and the updated Samsung UI is quite pleasing. I use it along-side Pixel 2 XL, and don't find the UI inferior to the stock Android experience of the latter. Quality levels and ease of use is top-notch.
Old 3rd May 2019, 09:04   #28653
BHPian

Could you tell how good is the sound quality in the earphone ?
I am looking to move from LG V30+ to S10. But I am not sure if S10 sound quality is better. (V30+ has a dedicated hardware for it.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I have a S10. Great phone, and the updated Samsung UI is quite pleasing. I use it along-side Pixel 2 XL, and don't find the UI inferior to the stock Android experience of the latter. Quality levels and ease of use is top-notch.
Old 3rd May 2019, 09:53   #28654
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by adithya.kp View Post
Could you tell how good is the sound quality in the earphone ?
I am looking to move from LG V30+ to S10. But I am not sure if S10 sound quality is better. (V30+ has a dedicated hardware for it.)
I am not an audiophile, but I find the sound quality pretty good with my AKG Y50 BT headphones; at least with my limited skills, cannot figure out any difference when compared with my old LG V20.
Old 3rd May 2019, 10:10   #28655
BHPian

Thanks a lot that info. Interesting you had an LG V20. I dont think AKG Y50 BT has > 50 omh impedance level. So we cant benchmark with LG's quad dac.
Anyways let me go to some other store and check it out.

Quote:
I am not an audiophile, but I find the sound quality pretty good with my AKG Y50 BT headphones; at least with my limited skills, cannot figure out any difference when compared with my old LG V20.
Old 3rd May 2019, 12:08   #28656
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks vb-san for replying. Does the phone heat when browsing/watching videos on youtube?
Old 3rd May 2019, 13:40   #28657
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks vb-san for replying. Does the phone heat when browsing/watching videos on Youtube?
No heating issues so far; I feel the battery life should have been better though. But with a bigger battery, the S10+ should be better in that aspect.
Old 3rd May 2019, 16:16   #28658
BHPian

Re: Rooting 'Asus Max Pro M1'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
If booting into recovery via volume method is resetting the recovery, You could try following command (where recovery image is same as you flashed)
fastboot boot <recovery.img>

This should take it flashed recovery. You should also flash any root solution so that recovery is not overwritten when rebooted.
I tried the same, BUT comes out with the message as shown in the screenshot below. Please advise!

Attached Thumbnails
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-20190503.png  

Old 4th May 2019, 12:12   #28659
BANNED

Anybody using an extender for the S8. I bought an Arya Hybrid adapter. Did not work. I any member has one which works then please advise. What I discovered is that the SIM has to be on the extension.

Which Brand & from where?
Old 4th May 2019, 12:53   #28660
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No heating issues so far; I feel the battery life should have been better though. But with a bigger battery, the S10+ should be better in that aspect.
Thanks vbsan. Is yours the exynos version? Hearing heating issues with that model and I am planning to get the Indian version which comes with that processor.
I am waiting for One plus 7 to get released too and check before buying. Any news on 5g version of s10?
Old 4th May 2019, 13:45   #28661
BHPian

Quote:
I have the S10+ Ceramic 512GB version. Absolutely brilliant phone, very happy with it. I switched from a OnePlus 3T, which was still working fine though slightly on the slower side.

The sound on the Samsung is great, battery is pretty decent - can easily get a day and a half usage (and I'm a pretty heavy user). The 2 things that I have had to get used to are:

1) The charging speed - while still fast, it's not as good as OnePlus dash charging, but then I don't think any other manufacturer has it sorted that fast.

2) The in screen fingerprint scanner - I found it a bit finicky initially, but after a few updates and re-adding my fingerprints, it performs great 90% of the time.

All in all it's a brilliant phone and highly recommend it. Also the buds are great and work brilliantly, a deal if you can still get it for 3k.
Old 4th May 2019, 14:06   #28662
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks vbsan. Is yours the exynos version? Hearing heating issues with that model and I am planning to get the Indian version which comes with that processor.
Yes, mine is the Exynos version. No heating issues so far.
Old 4th May 2019, 14:20   #28663
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post
I have the S10+ Ceramic 512GB version. Absolutely brilliant phone, very happy with it. I switched from a OnePlus 3T, which was still working fine though slightly on the slower side.

The sound on the Samsung is great, battery is pretty decent - can easily get a day and a half usage (and I'm a pretty heavy user). The 2 things that I have had to get used to are:

1) The charging speed - while still fast, it's not as good as OnePlus dash charging, but then I don't think any other manufacturer has it sorted that fast.

2) The in screen fingerprint scanner - I found it a bit finicky initially, but after a few updates and re-adding my fingerprints, it performs great 90% of the time.

All in all it's a brilliant phone and highly recommend it. Also the buds are great and work brilliantly, a deal if you can still get it for 3k.

Quote:
Yes, mine is the Exynos version. No heating issues so far.

Thanks s4ch and vb-san. I am mostly inclined to buy the S10+ but still have some time so will take a look at OP7 and then decide.
Old 4th May 2019, 15:11   #28664
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I bought the S10+ for my wife last month. The battery life is great and the phone is as expected from the reviews and specs. Size wise it is not significantly larger than the s10 but the bigger battery makes it that much more useful. She upgraded from a IP6s and hasn't had any issues with the size.

The typical Samsung/android issues of slight heating up and a bit of lag here and there is same as before. You just can't beat Apple in this regard. Her 3 year old 6s worked like a charm even today without any lag or hanging issues whatsoever.
Old 4th May 2019, 15:42   #28665
BHPian

Re: Rooting 'Asus Max Pro M1'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
I tried the same, BUT comes out with the message as shown in the screenshot below. Please advise!
Hi JMaruru, can I ask you what you want to do after flashing a custom recovery? Do you want to install a custom ROM? Or do you simply want an unlocked bootloader (for that you don't need TWRP or a custom recovery)

A good place to start will be the XDA forums to be honest.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/asu...oader-t3786698 talks about the bootloader unlock and flashing TeamWin (TWRP)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks