Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2019, 10:27   #28771
BHPian

Re: Call recording apps on Rooted device?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Having a rooted phone is a requirement....
Quote:
Originally Posted by wr10forever View Post
It is absolutely safe to wipe both the cache and the dalvik/art cache.
Now, the whole intent of root was to restore the full features of call recording app 'ACR'. After root, I did reinstall the 'ACR' app BUT still it is NOT able to record other side of the conversation(as, how it was with android oreo).

Please help me understand, how to restore full features of call recording apps in the context of a rooted device.

Old 21st May 2019, 11:03   #28772
BHPian

Re: Call recording apps on Rooted device?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
After root, I did reinstall the 'ACR' app BUT still it is NOT able to record other side of the conversation

Please help me understand, how to restore full features of call recording apps in the context of a rooted device.
Given that it seems that you have the issue with Android Pie, why don't you take it back to Oreo, since call recording seems to be your priority over the OS version.
Old 21st May 2019, 11:46   #28773
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
was thinking of samsung s10+ or huawei p30 pro. I know we have oneplus 7 pro as well but not sure how that pop-up mechanism will hold in years to come and may be because of inferior camera (slightly). Mostly inclined towards p30 pro.
Quoting myself again, i guess i should write off huawei from the list after the recent development with Huawei---Google---US government. Future updates are doubtful (though huawei says it will provide updates)

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
Oneplus 7 pro scored 111 on DxOMark. That's the second highest score there only behind P30 Pro and S10 5G (both scored 112).
Seems to be some magical firmware which Oneplus installed and send it to dxomark, as most reviews suggest camera is not the strongest point.
Old 21st May 2019, 11:48   #28774
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
The only worrying thing with that is the ongoing Google-Huawei mess but it should not be impacting India from what I gather.
I would postpone any Huawei purchase. Various articles mention everyone outside China will be affected. China won't be, because Google apps are anyways banned there and they access app store by Tencent/Baidu instead of Play store.
Old 21st May 2019, 12:27   #28775
BHPian

Look at the positive side. Huawei prices could take a dump and I could finally be able to afford a periscope camera.
Old 22nd May 2019, 17:10   #28776
BHPian

Quote:
Look at the positive side. Huawei prices could take a dump and I could finally be able to afford a periscope camera.
True, but what's the point of having an expensive phone when you know you will be stuck with the current android version forever.
Old 22nd May 2019, 17:49   #28777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
True, but what's the point of having an expensive phone when you know you will be stuck with the current android version forever.
Forever is something like 2 years on an average for an Android phone. Except Pixels no other phones get "regular" OS updates. Android One phones get security updates after a month. Other phones get it months later. Most phones get one major version update or max two if you have a flagship. Some never see another version.

Android is still open source, so as soon as the source code is made public, Huawei will get access to security updates. What they will miss out will only be on Play services.

This is according to my understanding. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Old 22nd May 2019, 18:53   #28778
BHPian

Quote:

Android is still open source, so as soon as the source code is made public, Huawei will get access to security updates. What they will miss out will only be on Play services.
Flagships usually see three android versions (at least 2). Android being an open source Huawei will have access to next android versions but they can not have Gmail, Playstore, youtube. Not only that the apps will also not be updates like netflix and other US based apps. Still very confusing but definitely not a good news for consumers as Huawei was growing at an immense fast pace. I was literally considering buying p30 pro and was also going to buy one this week but the news came out and the entire scenario changed.
Old 22nd May 2019, 19:01   #28779

Quote:
Forever is something like 2 years on an average for an Android phone. Except Pixels no other phones get "regular" OS updates. Android One phones get security updates after a month. Other phones get it months later. Most phones get one major version update or max two if you have a flagship. Some never see another version.

This is according to my understanding. Please correct me if I am wrong.
You're corrrect. Huawei can easily develop an Android build from AOSP(Android Open Source Project), just like the custom roms for phones are developed. However, it is rumoured that Huawei has been working on its own OS since 2012 and now is the time to finalise it. The OS will support Android apps.

Read more on XDA : Link
Old 23rd May 2019, 09:32   #28780
Senior - BHPian

Hi all,

I was using ACR (Automatic Call Recorder) on my Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1.

It was very convenient for recording technical conversations.

After the Android 9 update, it seems that the call recording feature has been removed by google.

ACR is still recording calls, but it records only my voice (which is useless).

Is there any way out ?

Rohan
Old 23rd May 2019, 22:50   #28781
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
Recently bought Motorola One power, just the third one in all these years.

The current One-Power is mid-ranger
Quote:
I will recommend the Honor 8X. It has a couple of great reviews on this thread. The only worrying thing with that is the ongoing Google-Huawei mess but it should not be impacting India from what I gather.

Alternatively, check out the Redmi Note 7S.
The Honor 8X has Screen size of 16.51 cm, Display is FHD+ and Battery of 3750 mah. Would not this affect the Battery Backup?

The Honor 8C has Screen Size of 15.9 cm, Display is HD+ and Battery of 4000 mah. Here Battery is large even though the screen is smaller and Display is HD+.

Also how good is the 48 MP rear camera on Redmi 7S? Or is it justed over hyped number?[ATTACH=Mobile Specs for Team Bhp 23-5-19.xlsx]1878491[/ATTACH]

I am not afraid of not getting Android Q Update after buying Honor Mobile (if I buy one).
I just don't want to lose Gmail, Youtube, Chrome Apps on my Android Phone.

If the Moto One Power has good Camera Quality, I don't mind buying it.

Here I have prepared a Random Sheet.
Please suggest which one to buy. I am totally confused after going through the Camera's descriptions of these phones on the Manufacturers website.

I am not a gamer. So some what performance can be compromised. But Camera should be good one as I don't carry the (separate) Digital Camera with me although there are two at home Nikon and Canon.
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-20190523-2.png

EDIT: -
I have to buy new one as early as possible as the current Redmi 1S is on Ventilator. I am handling it just like we handle any glass product (the Screen has cracked and can give way even on a small impact). All the functions are working fine (except the low ear piece volume which is there from past few months.

Last edited by IndigoXLGrandDi : 23rd May 2019 at 22:57. Reason: As above.
Old 24th May 2019, 00:56   #28782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
If the Moto One Power has good Camera Quality, I don't mind buying it.
It's got pretty capable camera hardware if you use the Google Camera app. Night Sight and Video Stabilizer features of Gcam just do wonders on the One Power camera hardware. Rest depends on the skills of the person behind the camera. I use mobile camera a lot and so far satisfied with it.

But if you want exceptional camera within your budget then go for Moto X4 which is also available at massive discount and comes loaded with state of the art Motorola smart features which are missing in the One Power because it's part of Android one program so not much tweaks are allowed by the manufacturer.

The X4 has got additional wide angle lense along with normal one. Selfie camera seems to be better in the X4 but One Power is also not bad.

If you want telephoto instead of wide-angle then some phones from Nokia stable offer that kind of setup and advantage is they are also part of Android-One program.

The down side of Moto X4 is screen has got old school big bezels at top and bottom, but it feels premium while holding it due to it's slim and ligh weight form factor along with materials used in it.

X4 also has got NFC which is missing in the One Power, but battery of One Power makes it more practical daily driver.

Tag line of Moto X2 was 'Choose your choice', and the choice is now yours.
Old 24th May 2019, 14:39   #28783
Senior - BHPian

The battery of my 2.5 year old Moto G4+ has become weak. I need to charge it at least twice daily. I called up two authorised service centres in Bangalore and I was quoted around 1.8K for replacement. They claimed to provide an original battery.

How good are these authorized service centres ? Has anyone got their battery replaced? I'm worried of a cheap fake battery being put in and not lasting long enough. I have no problems with the phone apart from the battery.

Last edited by sdp1975 : 24th May 2019 at 14:49.
Old 25th May 2019, 12:39   #28784
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
EDIT: -
I have to buy new one as early as possible as the current Redmi 1S is on Ventilator. I am handling it just like we handle any glass product (the Screen has cracked and can give way even on a small impact). All the functions are working fine (except the low ear piece volume which is there from past few months.
I would suggest you to somehow wait for one more month. The Vivo Z5x and the Mi A3 Lite seem absolutely perfect for your needs.
Old 25th May 2019, 15:29   #28785
BHPian

Quote:
The Vivo Z5x and the Mi A3 Lite seem absolutely perfect for your needs.
hello, Is the Redmi note 7s a good buy for my Mom who is currently using an iPhone 4 and is getting frustrated by the slowness. Is there any other latest phone that I can consider and available freely? I am thinking 4Gb RAM and 64Gb Storage. My mom's main use is Ola, Uber, whatsapp.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks