Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2019, 14:10   #28831
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Any OnePlus 7 Pro users here? Wanted to hear honest feedback from an actual owner.
Old 7th June 2019, 14:56   #28832
BHPian

What do people here think about the Oppo Reno 10X zoom? At 40K it seems great value for money for a SD 855 phone. I don't like popup cameras, glass backs, disappearing headphone jacks etc. And the weight is a huge 210g! - I even struggle holding my 183g Nokia properly.

No other interesting options seem to come out these days. My Nokia 7 plus has crossed a year and am bored. Every new phone release seem to be incremental updates over their previous versions. No real innovation anywhere. Except the new periscope camera that brings true optical zoom.

Anything exciting in the offing?
Old 7th June 2019, 18:28   #28833
BHPian

Had anybody got OnePlus 7?

Am considering it as an upgrade for my trusted Moto G5plus. To be honest, my current phone is not broken or giving me any major problems. Only gripe I have is it's camera - especially in low light conditions. Apart from, But, it's just the 'keeda' !

So, any opinions/reviews welcome!

Last edited by dmplog : 7th June 2019 at 18:33. Reason: Added more text
Old 7th June 2019, 22:20   #28834
BHPian

Re: Voice Recording on Android Pie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Hence your best bet to get a phone with Inbuilt voice recording .
What are the popular phone choices with inbuilt voice recording?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadg View Post
Try writing to the developer. On a rooted phone anything is possible.
Did write to them. But NO response as of now. I am NOT sure whether they would put efforts for a single user!
Old 7th June 2019, 23:23   #28835
BHPian

I came across this reditt thread re call recording. Also, ACR dev is aware of the issue and he confirmed in an official statement it cannot be fixed as Google has revoked the api.

https://amp.reddit.com/r/oneplus/com...ording_on_pie/

https://bitbucket.org/copluk/acr/iss...cording-issues
Old 8th June 2019, 00:15   #28836
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Suggest you avoid all sony phones. Sony india mobile has shut down and exited the indian market. You will have nowhere to go for warranty claims if any.
Yes. I am aware of Sony Mobile's exit from Indian and most asian market. If its available at discounted price upto 30k, I am going to take risk. Nowadays I feel the mobile devices can be used anywhere in the world without any problem.
Old 8th June 2019, 01:33   #28837
Senior - BHPian

Re: Voice Recording on Android Pie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post

Try any Xiaomi phone. Call recording in my Mi Max 2 is crisp. You can either set for all call recording, select contacts or just click the call record button in the default dialer app when required.
Old 8th June 2019, 07:23   #28838
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed.Demon View Post
Any OnePlus 7 Pro users here? Wanted to hear honest feedback from an actual owner.
Got one for my wife,8/256. She's a heavy user and typically her phone used to need a recharge by around 2 in the noon. This one comes back hone with 40%, and that's downright magical.
One of her primary criteria was the camera, and it's great.
From when I've used it, I've never seen any lag. So it's a good buy. However, people have been putting out articles about the 7,and that it's almost as good, just without the pop up camera. So you could look at them both, because the price difference is massive.
Old 8th June 2019, 08:42   #28839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
Only gripe I have is it's camera - especially in low light conditions. Apart from, But, it's just the 'keeda' !
You may try and tinker to get the Google Camera port to your Moto G5 Plus

Google Camera Port

Else, the Oneplus 7 is a great buy, better VFM than the Pro.
Installing the GCam port on the OP7 will be a lot easier too. I'm using it on my Oneplus 3 of over 3 years now.
Old 8th June 2019, 12:31   #28840
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Did write to them. But NO response as of now....!
Quote:
Originally Posted by atulsian View Post
I came across this reditt thread re call recording. Also, ACR dev is aware of the issue and he confirmed in an official statement it cannot be fixed as Google has revoked the api.

https://amp.reddit.com/r/oneplus/com...ording_on_pie/

https://bitbucket.org/copluk/acr/iss...cording-issues
Jmaruru, seems the only option left is to downgrade your Android version. Sorry, I'm on Mi5 with a custom ROM (JDC 7.1.2), so I wasn't aware of the problem. I did have a lot of problems recording conversations on my Nexus 4, so I made sure my phone had the recording option when I bought the Mi5.

@atulsian Thanks. The developers' site also confirms it.
Old 8th June 2019, 14:35   #28841
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
One of her primary criteria was the camera, and it's great.

From when I've used it, I've never seen any lag. So it's a good buy. However, people have been putting out articles about the 7,and that it's almost as good, just without the pop up camera. So you could look at them both, because the price difference is massive.
Oneplus phones are well known for their zippy performance, so I'm not surprised that this one is no different. However, I keep seeing various reports online regarding the camera ranging from it's 'meh' to downright terrible, especially when taking low light shots. Is it that bad? Especially compared to other phones in that range like the mighty S10.

The main reason I'm looking at the Pro is for the buttery smooth 90Hz screen. I haven't seen the phone in person yet, but from my experience of using PC monitors with high refresh rates, I know how awesome they are.
I'm willing to shell out the additional cash over the regular OP7, just for the screen provided the camera is good as well.
Old 8th June 2019, 17:21   #28842
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed.Demon View Post
Oneplus phones are well known for their zippy performance, so I'm not surprised that --- the additional cash over the regular OP7, just for the screen provided the camera is good as well.
Like I said, the camera was one of the top requirements, and it's better than the c9 pro that she had. That's the extent of the reference point.
Old 8th June 2019, 18:08   #28843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Like I said, the camera was one of the top requirements, and it's better than the c9 pro that she had. That's the extent of the reference point.
Alright, thanks for that. I'll check it out in person and compare it with some of its rivals if possible.
Old 8th June 2019, 20:34   #28844
Senior - BHPian

I am currently using a oneplus 6t coming from a galaxy s10. Also, used the Google pixel earlier. Yes,bthe camera is okay for the price but there's a significant difference in image quality compared to the flagship phones. I would suggest installing the Google camera mod which works much better including most of the features like nightsight
Old 8th June 2019, 21:45   #28845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
I am currently using a oneplus 6t coming from a galaxy s10. Also, used the Google pixel earlier. Yes,bthe camera is okay for the price but there's a significant difference in image quality compared to the flagship phones. I would suggest installing the Google camera mod which works much better including most of the features like nightsight
Precisely why I’m doubtful regarding the camera quality of the Pro. The camera quality shouldn’t just be good enough to compete in the 30-40k range which has been the traditional hunting ground for Oneplus phones.

The Pro competes with the big boys, and hence need to offer the camera experience to compete at their level in order to get sales.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks