Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2019, 22:14   #28846
Senior - BHPian

Obviously I haven't tested but I wouldn't buy OnePlus phone expecting the best camera performance. They have added extra lenses but I am skeptical about OnePlus matching the big boys ( Samsung, Pixel, iphone, Huawei)

Last edited by moralfibre : 30th June 2019 at 06:47. Reason: Typos and grammar. Please proof read your post.
Old 9th June 2019, 07:14   #28847
Oxy
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
What do people here think about the Oppo Reno 10X zoom? At 40K it seems great value for money for a SD 855 phone. And the weight is a huge 210g!
I have heard some good things about that camera setup on the Reno 10x. Honestly I would have taken the plunge by now if not for the weight.

But then, even the Oneplus 7 Pro weighs 206g and even the Redmi Note 7 Pro is 186g, and these are very popular phones. So the weight distribution on the Reno might be even for all we know.

I am unable to decide between the Reno and the Pixel 3a. The Reno clearly seems to be the superior phone on paper but I don't want to be holding a brick.
Old 9th June 2019, 08:59   #28848
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
I

I am unable to decide between the Reno and the Pixel 3a. The Reno clearly seems to be the superior phone on paper but I don't want to be holding a brick.
Thanks to your early advice, i am enjoying the pixel experience. Phone is so light and easy to manage with one hand. The battery life seems to be getting better every day, i think the phone is adaptive is learning how I use it.

And the camera is fantastic. Like we discussed before, paper stats are one thing, real world usage is another. And if you see every single review out there, that's what they say.
Old 9th June 2019, 11:09   #28849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Thanks to your early advice, i am enjoying the pixel experience. Phone is so light and easy to manage with one hand. The battery life seems to be getting better every day, i think the phone is adaptive is learning how I use it.

And the camera is fantastic. Like we discussed before, paper stats are one thing, real world usage is another. And if you see every single review out there, that's what they say.
Any heating issues? I have read that camera usage immediately heats up the phone.
Old 9th June 2019, 11:42   #28850
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi.Knight View Post
Any heating issues? I have read that camera usage immediately heats up the phone.
None at all. Have even shot videos.
Old 10th June 2019, 09:00   #28851
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharktale View Post
You may try and tinker to get the Google Camera port to your Moto G5 Plus

Google Camera Port.

Thanks, I had a quick research on installing Gcam mod on Moto G5plus. But everywhere I read mentions that I need to enable Camera2 API, which is only possible when I root my phone. Rooting is I want to avoid as it would prevent many of the banking and payments apps to stop working.
Is there any way to install GCam other than rooting the phone?

Sorry I am not well versed with installing custom ROM and rooting, etc.
Old 10th June 2019, 11:50   #28852
BHPian

Does it make sense to buy a 4G flagship phone now, or should I wait for 5G to be popular? My current phone is slowing down, and I have been thinking of replacing it. However, I can wait if 5G becomes mainstream in a year or two. What should I do?
Old 10th June 2019, 13:29   #28853
Senior - BHPian

I guess you ve answered your own query. If you can wait for 2 years for 5g to become mainstream then wait out.
However, 2 years is a long time when it comes to phones so you could get a 4g flagship now and dispose it off in 2 years once 5g becomes common.
Old 10th June 2019, 17:09   #28854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL01toKA03 View Post
Does it make sense to buy a 4G flagship phone now, or should I wait for 5G to be popular? My current phone is slowing down, and I have been thinking of replacing it. However, I can wait if 5G becomes mainstream in a year or two. What should I do?
In similar soup as you are. Been using the Oneplus 3 for 3+ years now. My only problem is the battery life on my phone.

Have decided to buy the Oneplus 8/similar spec 5G phone going to be coming out in 2020 in India , so that it'll be future proof.

Till then, getting the battery replaced by Oneplus for survival, and also that i could make this my spare phone later on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
Thanks, I had a quick research on installing Gcam mod on Moto G5plus. But everywhere I read mentions that I need to enable Camera2 API, which is only possible when I root my phone. Rooting is I want to avoid as it would prevent many of the banking and payments apps to stop working.
Is there any way to install GCam other than rooting the phone?

Sorry I am not well versed with installing custom ROM and rooting, etc.
You can unroot/relock bootloader to continue using banking apps and getting OTA updates. Rooting becomes necessary only to enable Camera2Api once.

I have my OP3's bootloader unlocked (though not rooted), and continue to use Google Pay and banking apps without any issues.

Last edited by Eddy : 11th June 2019 at 19:21. Reason: Please do not type back to back posts within 30 mins on the same thread. Use the edit option. Thanks.
Old 11th June 2019, 12:19   #28855
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Obviously I haven't tested but I wouldn't buy OnePlus phone expecting the best camera performance. They have added extra lenses but I will be skeptical about OnePlus matching the big boys ( Samsung, Pixel, iohone, Huswei)
How are you managing the lack of headphone jack? Are you using the provided dongle, or have you switched to wireless earphones? My 6T is on the way, and I am wondering which is the better option, since my headphone usage is quite high, for taking calls, watching content, etc.

Also, how do you find the fingerprint sensor to be? I know it cant match the speed of physical sensor of earlier OP phones (I presently use the OP3) but taken in isolation, is the sensor good enough?

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 11th June 2019 at 12:22.
Old 11th June 2019, 16:00   #28856
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
My 6T is on the way, and I am wondering which is the better option, since my headphone usage is quite high, for taking calls, watching content, etc.
Any particular reason why you went for 6T even after having such a mouthwatering deal on the 7?
Old 11th June 2019, 16:06   #28857
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiGOD View Post
Any particular reason why you went for 6T even after having such a mouthwatering deal on the 7?
Couple of reasons. (1) The final deal on the 6T was even more mouthwatering. (2) I did not like the Mirror Black finish that the 7 comes in, and prefer the Matte finish which is available only on the 6T.

I am getting a 8GB /128GB version of the 6T for quite a bit less than the OP7, all discounts and exchange prices considered. I don't think there would be any appreciable difference in performance between the SD845 chip on the 6T and the SD 855 chip on the 7 (especially given the whopping 8GB RAM on the 6T). The only deal on the 7 is Rs. 1500 off on the price of Rs. 33,000 if paying through SBI debit card, which is nothing that great. Unless, there is some other offer which I am not aware of !

All things considered, the 6T seemed a better deal to me.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 11th June 2019 at 16:12.
Old 11th June 2019, 18:47   #28858
Senior - BHPian

Just ordered Mi A2 from Amazon.
There wasn't much of a need, as my 19 months old Mi A1 was doing alright, except for the issue with the buttons which need multiple tries. But got a very good deal on exchange and ended up paying 3.7k for the new one.

I know its not an upgrade, but I wasn't looking for one, and moreover, I get a new one for less than 4k, which should last another 20 months.
Old 11th June 2019, 20:27   #28859
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharktale View Post
You can unroot/relock bootloader to continue using banking apps and getting OTA updates. Rooting becomes necessary only to enable Camera2Api once.

I have my OP3's bootloader unlocked (though not rooted), and continue to use Google Pay and banking apps without any issues.
Can you point me to any reliable boot locker and unlocker tutorial ? Sorry, I am a bit noob at these things!!
Old 11th June 2019, 20:36   #28860
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
Can you point me to any reliable boot locker and unlocker tutorial ? Sorry, I am a bit noob at these things!!
Your best bet would be XDA forums. Find below links which you can go through.It's a simple process.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-a2/how-to

https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-...-root-t3928731

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks