Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2021, 12:27   #30661
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Almost thinking of dropping the plan and let the Nokia run as much as it would.
If you can find somebody to "import" this for you, it would be an ideal replacement for the Nokia - https://uae.sharafdg.com/product/goo...?promo=1890099
dragonfire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2021, 15:07   #30662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire View Post
If you can find somebody to "import" this for you, it would be an ideal replacement for the Nokia - https://uae.sharafdg.com/product/goo...?promo=1890099
Hey! you get the Pixel 4A in India too. It is a flipkart exclusive and sells between 26 and 31K
Reality is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2021, 15:18   #30663
BHPian

Quote:
I started looking at phones again after 3+ years and it is so confusing.
The one phone which was suggested by a friend that made me go-Yes, I want this was the Samsung S20 FE 5G. But at 45k, it is in territory I have never gone for a phone and have a mind block on.

Almost thinking of dropping the plan and let the Nokia run as much as it would.
Wow I started with the exact budget and requirements found nothing interesting and finally upped the budget and picked up a s20 fe 5g. There is nothing else in the price range that is attractive for someone who holds on to a phone for more than 3 years.
anandhsub is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th July 2021, 18:26   #30664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality View Post
Hey! you get the Pixel 4A in India too. It is a flipkart exclusive and sells between 26 and 31K
No, the 5G version of 4A is not available in India. It has a bigger display (6.2"), an ultrawide camera and comes with SD 765G (vs SD730G).
dragonfire is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th July 2021, 19:48   #30665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire View Post
No, the 5G version of 4A is not available in India. It has a bigger display (6.2"), an ultrawide camera and comes with SD 765G (vs SD730G).
There is news floating around that an upgraded version would be available soon. Not sure if it would be introduced in India immediately or bring the current international 5G variant before it.
One thing I have always observed is the batterry of Google phones are around 3000-4000 mAh only. However, people say it optimizes the power utilization and keeps the phone charged for a day under heavy usage.
VWAllstar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2021, 12:23   #30666
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandhsub View Post
Wow I started with the exact budget and requirements found nothing interesting and finally upped the budget and picked up a s20 fe 5g. There is nothing else in the price range that is attractive for someone who holds on to a phone for more than 3 years.
Interestingly it is out of stock across vendors including the Samsung Shop. One would assume such an expensive phone will be easily available.

Will wait for it to come back and also some offers thrown in that can bring it under 40k at least.
Old 8th July 2021, 14:29   #30667
BHPian

Quote:
Interestingly it is out of stock across vendors including the Samsung Shop. One would assume such an expensive phone will be easily available.

Will wait for it to come back and also some offers thrown in that can bring it under 40k at least.
In June, both Amazon and Samsung online shop had promos running on this phone. Amazon had a coupon of INR. 6000/- off. Samsung shop had the same for a limited period plus their 20k vouchers for another 2K off.
It was a sweet deal and it may pop up again during the next Amazon sell event, if stocks are available readily.
7000plusrpm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2021, 23:41   #30668
BHPian

Quote:

The reason it is out of stock and had lot of offers is because launch of Samsung Galaxy S21 FE is around the corner. Should be out soon going by the rumours in market.
brownkaiser is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2021, 07:47   #30669
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownkaiser View Post
The reason it is out of stock and had lot of offers is because launch of Samsung Galaxy S21 FE is around the corner. Should be out soon going by the rumours in market.
S21 FE does not look like it will launch before October. So still some time away. So expecting the S20 to come back soon.

Read that the One Plus Nord 2 is coming on July 22nd. That seems to be a good option too.
Old 9th July 2021, 15:44   #30670
Senior - BHPian

I have been reading on this thread that some of us are looking for a compact Android smartphone with good specs.

Asus Zenfone 8 and Zenfone 8 Flip to launch soon in India.

https://www.indiatoday.in/technology...945-2021-07-09

mukeshgoel is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th July 2021, 21:40   #30671
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
I have been reading on this thread that some of us are looking for a compact Android smartphone with good specs.
Compact: want
Expensive: don't want.
narrow-format display: don't want.

The narrow format on a smaller screen is the worst of both worlds!
Old 10th July 2021, 19:05   #30672
BHPian

Pixel 5 reviews

Hi,

Any forum members using the Pixel 5? Looking for reviews. Have read about the "screen gap" and other issues, and just wondering if it is worth the risk buying a phone that doesn't have warranty support in India.

For context, I've been a stock Android user for a long time, and don't want to switch. My current phone is a Pixel 2, and I'm very happy with it. But it has stopped getting updates and the battery is beginning to become a problem, and the itch to get a new phone has started.

Thanks in advance.
Old 11th July 2021, 00:33   #30673
BHPian

Re: Pixel 5 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLizardKing View Post
Hi,

Any forum members using the Pixel 5? Looking for reviews. Have read about the "screen gap" and other issues, and just wondering if it is worth the risk buying a phone that doesn't have warranty support in India.

For context, I've been a stock Android user for a long time, and don't want to switch. My current phone is a Pixel 2, and I'm very happy with it. But it has stopped getting updates and the battery is beginning to become a problem, and the itch to get a new phone has started.

Thanks in advance.
I've a pixel 5 and can answer your questions.

1. There's no screen gap issue in the unit I have. I belive they have corrected it now.

2. There's a risk in buying a phone without warranty - you'll be left stranded if it konks off. Getting parts would be a hassle too.

3. You'll have to be a hardcore pixel/stock android enthusiast to want the pixel 5. I wanted the 90hz screen, stock android and fast updates.

4. What I recommend: s21/s20FE or wait for s21FE. They are decent with updates and work well. I'd go for the s20FE foe the cheaper price and Snapdragon processor.

5. Makes sense to ask someone to carry pixel 5 from other countries. No point paying the custom duty since it gets expensive.

6. Pixel 6/6Pro launch in Oct. Likely may be launched in India.

7. Immediate recommendation- Lineage OS on your pixel 2, and hold out for s21FE/ pixel 6 and then take a call.

Hope this helps
lxskllr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2021, 18:03   #30674
Oxy
BHPian

I don't see the Pixel 6 series being priced any lower than 75k in India, so it's not something that an average joe (like me) can afford

It's a huge bummer that Google has decided not to bring the 5a to India, would surely have grabbed one.

Last edited by Oxy : 11th July 2021 at 18:05.
Oxy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2021, 09:49   #30675
BHPian

Please suggest a cheap android phone ( any brand) with HD video recording capabllity. This will be used for video recording only, no other usage.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks