Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2021, 13:10   #30901
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire View Post
Does the phone's DAC matter when you are using wireless headphones? I think not. Your headphones have a DAC in it so when you connect wireless headphones, the phone transmits the digital signals to the headphones and the headphones DAC decodes it. Your LG's Quad DAC is sitting idle, right?

Audio experts, correct me if I am wrong.
Er yes, but i connect my headphones/car audio through cable only. If i mentioned it was via BT somewhere please ignore.
Old 1st September 2021, 16:02   #30902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Er yes, but i connect my headphones/car audio through cable only. If i mentioned it was via BT somewhere please ignore.
No, not your fault. I assumed it cos the headphones were wireless, and I couldn't imagine anybody wiring his wireless headphones. In my case, I bought a bluetooth appendage to convert my wired headphones to wireless.
Old 1st September 2021, 16:52   #30903
BHPian

Guys, I need a phone for my dad.
Budget 30K max.
This will be is secondary phone, he uses iphone X as his primary.
He wants an android only because he has bought some subscription which has android only app.
So basically he wants a big screen phone, I think I can get 120 hz AMOLED in the budget easily. Camera is not very important but would be nice to have a good camera at the back. Battery should last at least a day or day and a half. Storage should be at least 128gb and minimum of 6gb ram. Speakers can be decent as he will be using his bluetooth earphones most of the times.
We will be exchanging his current realme XT.

options considered:
1. oneplus nord 2.
2. realme GT master
3. motorola edge 20
4. motorola edge 20 fusion
5. poco f3 gt
6. realme x7 max
7. vivo x60 (one can get extra 5000 off on exchange)
8. samsung s20FE (was listed for 38K on flipkart) but its out of my budget.
9. Mi 11 series??
10. Oneplus nord CE

I have not considered Pixel 4a because of small screen.
Any other options like A52 should I consider?
Also how is the vivo X60? is the screen bright enough?
sagpatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2021, 17:05   #30904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
Budget 30K max.

Any other options like A52 should I consider?
Samsung A52 is a good option. It's getting back in Stock now after weeks of being "Out of Stock". It has a solid Spec Sheet (incl 90 Hz refresh rate, IP68 rating, and battery backup). 8GB RAM/128GB variant should cost about 28K.
dmplog is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2021, 19:29   #30905

Quote:
Budget 30K max.
Your requirements are so easy to satisfy. Any phone mentioned by you will satisfy your dad.
1.Choose Realme X7 Max[since camera is not important] and save 5k.
2.Choose Oneplus Nord 2 if budget is not an issue.
3.Choose Motorola and enjoy the stock android.
The21st is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 11:36   #30906
BHPian

Quote:
Budget 30K max.
This will be is secondary phone, he uses iphone X as his primary.
Go for Samsung F62, Samsung A52 or One Plus Nord 2. In the 30k range, these 3 are decent options and will serve your father very well.
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 11:54   #30907
BHPian

Quote:
Budget 30K max.
Consider A71-72 series too if it is on the budget. I am using A70 since 27months, no complaints so far. Except for a slow fingerprint scanner. I have also used a Note10 lite, Iphone SE and Galaxy S21 simultaneously. Your dad wont miss much, if usage is not very high.
aadya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 19:52   #30908
BHPian

Hi Folks

Cross posting from the tablets thread since viewership there is sporadic

I would like to buy a tablet preferably 8inch size. The primary use of this would be to read books. Now the question you will ask is why not the Kindle and Nook. I am looking to read books with a lot of color pictures, maybe comics as well. For this, I need something that can render colors and not the ink readers

I had an iPad mini which missus grabbed a couple of years back and I don't want to spend a lot on another iPad.

The tablet should be able to provide a good battery backup, at least 3 to 4 days. I will not be using it for anything else such as wifi browsing, Bluetooth services, or call services. It would probably be a dumb device and all file transfers will happen visa USB

Would be great if you can suggest android devices with good battery backup and economical (sub 15k). Thanks in advance
Old 3rd September 2021, 09:33   #30909
Senior - BHPian

Any reviews on the Redmi Note 10? Looking to get it for my mom, who will be upgrading from an old Redmi 5A. Basic performance requirements only, no power usage of any kind. Budget is around 12 K.
Old 3rd September 2021, 10:06   #30910

My dad is using a Redmi Note 10
The green colour variant looks a bit different from the photo. It's dark green actually till the bottom.

Performance is great for the price. Still you may get some usual MIUI glitches.

A Full HD+ Amoled screen for 12k when other companies provide HD+ and LCD screens.

Doesn't feel as fluidic as Realme UI. I would prefer Realme UI over MIUI. Realme UI have ​a stock android look.

Camera quality is good considering the price.

Stereo speakers won't give you a great experience. At least they provided it at this price.

Insane value for money if you can get it for 12k. Price is currently increased to 14k.
The21st is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 11:17   #30911
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The21st View Post
Stereo speakers won't give you a great experience. At least they provided it at this price.

Insane value for money if you can get it for 12k. Price is currently increased to 14k.
Thanks, sounds like a solid phone at this budget price point. Price will effectively be 12 K since the exchange price for the old Redmi 5A is around INR 2000.
Old 3rd September 2021, 16:10   #30912
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
Samsung A52 is a good option. It's getting back in Stock now after weeks of being "Out of Stock". It has a solid Spec Sheet (incl 90 Hz refresh rate, IP68 rating, and battery backup). 8GB RAM/128GB variant should cost about 28K.
Yes I think the A52 is a good phone, though the SD720 processor that it ships with is a couple of years old now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Any reviews on the Redmi Note 10? Looking to get it for my mom, who will be upgrading from an old Redmi 5A. Basic performance requirements only, no power usage of any kind. Budget is around 12 K.
Get the Redmi 10 Prime instead. That's a newer phone with better hardware, and will be available at a similar price from 7th September. Also I would suggest you to take a look at the Samsung F22.
Oxy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 16:34   #30913
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subraiyr View Post
Hi Folks

I would like to buy a tablet preferably 8inch size.
===
Would be great if you can suggest android devices with good battery backup and economical (sub 15k). Thanks in advance
Could find a few tablets which could satisfy most of your requirements, but don't know whether battery backup would be up to your expectations.

Last edited by Jaggu : 3rd September 2021 at 16:37. Reason: Trimming quoted post.
RR96 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 17:57   #30914
BHPian

Quote:

Look at this webpage:
https://benchmarks.ul.com/compare/be...ySize=6.9,15.0

You can set your display size and get a list. Samsung would be a good brand to stick to. I would choose the highest performing tablet within the given budget.
mvadg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 18:16   #30915
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Folks

Cross posting from the tablets thread since viewership there is sporadic

I would like to buy a tablet preferably 8inch size. The primary use of this would be to read books. Now the question you will ask is why not the Kindle and Nook. I am looking to read books with a lot of color pictures, maybe comics as well. For this, I need something that can render colors and not the ink readers

I had an iPad mini which missus grabbed a couple of years back and I don't want to spend a lot on another iPad.

The tablet should be able to provide a good battery backup, at least 3 to 4 days. I will not be using it for anything else such as wifi browsing, Bluetooth services, or call services. It would probably be a dumb device and all file transfers will happen visa USB

Go for the Samsung Tab A7.
AYP is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks