Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2022, 07:30   #31291
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
Pricing of Samsung S22 series
Expecting prices to fall after 3 or 4 months or during a sale! Still baffles me that no charger in the box for a flagship premium device! Apple to be blamed !
Old 18th February 2022, 10:42   #31292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Does anyone know where in (East) Bangalore I can get an Asus ROG Phone's cracked display replaced?
Had to make a few calls, but in the end I did locate one in Cunningham Road. If anyone else is interested, this is the place:

https://goo.gl/maps/HBVgUpdNAcCaznto9

I have given my phone there to fix a cracked display; they have retained the phone while waiting for the replacement part. It will be a week tomorrow.
binand is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2022, 10:48   #31293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhupesh_2628 View Post
Hi @dmplog,

Can you tell us what advantages/disadvantages are there if we buy phone from corporate website via work email ID.

Thanks.
Apart from the cost advantage, one gets 1 year Accidental Damage and Liquid damage protection included. Plus I got 1 year of Times Prime subscription worth Rs 999 free. And sometimes there are Card offers (mainly ICICI, SBI, EMI) on select models too.

And mind you, corporate website is not only for mobiles, bit you can also buy other home appliances, Tablets, accessories too at cheaper prices. Delivery is from BlueDart so I found it better than other courier services.
dmplog is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2022, 12:22   #31294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
Apart from the cost advantage, one gets 1 year Accidental Damage and Liquid damage protection included. Plus I got 1 year of Times Prime subscription worth Rs 999 free. And sometimes there are Card offers (mainly ICICI, SBI, EMI) on select models too.

And mind you, corporate website is not only for mobiles, bit you can also buy other home appliances, Tablets, accessories too at cheaper prices. Delivery is from BlueDart so I found it better than other courier services.
I actually bought a phone (A52) from Samsung India online and they took more than a month and lot of followups including request for cancellation of the order to deliver! By that time it was available for around 3k less on Amazon with same day deliver option!! Very bad experience with them really.
joslicx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2022, 13:37   #31295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
I actually bought a phone (A52) from Samsung India online and they took more than a month and lot of followups including request for cancellation of the order to deliver! By that time it was available for around 3k less on Amazon with same day deliver option!! Very bad experience with them really.
That's interesting to know. May I ask when did you order this and what was the delivery location? Was it during the peak of pandemic?

Because my experience was quite smooth. Since ordering the device on a Thursday night, the delivery was made on Saturday morning (a day prior to initial estimates). Plus the packaging, communications were spot on.
dmplog is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2022, 19:24   #31296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
I too considered A52s for a long time. But, finally went with Samsung S20 FE 5G. Have a comparo. My reasoning was - for about 5K more, I was getting far better camera, better processor, better audio (tuned by AKG) and better build. Don't get me wrong, A52s is a capable device but from my existing A50, I wanted a much better camera.
Hi dmplog - I saw the specs of S20 FE 5G good but lot of online reviews show heating issues with Qualcomm processor. How is the phone faring for your daily usage? Also, can you please tell how the cameras are better as the way specs are written it is not clear? I can only make out the wide angle and night vision shots are better in S20 FE 5G.
Old 18th February 2022, 21:14   #31297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
Hi dmplog - I saw the specs of S20 FE 5G good but lot of online reviews show heating issues with Qualcomm processor. How is the phone faring for your daily usage? Also, can you please tell how the cameras are better as the way specs are written it is not clear? I can only make out the wide angle and night vision shots are better in S20 FE 5G.
I am using this phone since May 2021. I have not observed any heating issues even when using heavy apps or multitasking. The camera is the highlight. Has to be one of the best in the segment. Do not go by megapixel numbers alone. The sensor quailty does matters.
sandsun7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2022, 23:11   #31298
BHPian

Quote:
The S20 series also has an issue of their screens going out after sometime. I had this issue as well on my S20 Ultra. One fine morning the screen just went white and nothing that I did to recover the phone worked.

Had to replace the screen for INR 20K. When I spoke to the Samsung service center people they mentioned this issue being common in S20 Ultra, S20 and S20 FE devices. There are lot of reports of this issue on international forums as well.

Samsung India was clueless and offered no help or explanations when I contacted them because this is a clear manufacturing default rather than a customer issue.
TheInterceptor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th February 2022, 19:19   #31299
BHPian

Quote:
Things that I liked about cameras of S20 FE are:
  1. Brighter aperture f/1.8
  2. Telephoto lens (3X) which is optically stabilized (OIS)
  3. 1.8µm pixel size vs 0.8µm in A52s
  4. Ability to shoot raw
  5. Plus PRO Photo as well as PRO Video mode has useful options to tweak settings to your liking.

You can check Dxomark review.

It's been close to a month since I have been using it and I don't observe any heating issues to speak of. Normally, when charging or a long zoom call the phone becomes warm, which is normal for any other phone.

Generally very pleased with the phone, feels premium. Battery lasts at least 24hrs for my medium usage.

Thanks
dmplog is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2022, 00:33   #31300
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Been using this phone for almost 4 months now but never felt any heating issues. For reference, I have connected the phone to the car's wired Android auto and run it for 7-8 hours as well without any complain. That said, the camera is nothing special, IMO. Coming from a 3 year old Pixel 3a, the S20FE 5g camera leaves me wanting.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2022, 13:43   #31301
BHPian

Pre-ordered S22 Ultra in White last night (256GB - 110K).

Samsung has given brilliant add-ons/discounts:
1) Got Watch 4 (44mm) for 3K - Usually available after all discounts at 22K - net 19K savings
2) Got 23.1K quote for Note 9 [Includes 8K exchange Bonus] (Only worried whether Cashify will fulfill this quote and just not give a surprise on the day of exchange!)
3) Chance to get Buds2 (Was few hours offer - 400 random orders will get it!)
4) Applied referral code - got 5.5K discount (You can use this - REFPTZ2VLXG3)

Effective price - 110k + 3k - 19k - 5.5k - 23.1k = ~65.5K!! Good price for flagship phone. Buds2 will reduce effective price to 53K, if I am lucky!

Only bummer -
(1) I usually buy from Corporate website of Samsung, but yesterday App had better discounts
(2) HDFC card discount of 5K was not available if phone is exchanged
manpreetsj is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2022, 15:30   #31302
BHPian

Vivo's subsidiary company iQOO has launched iQOO 9 series in India.

The flagship iQOO 9 Pro is a collaboration with BMW M Motorsport and sports BMW M’s iconic tri-colour racing stripes logo engraved with the slogan "Fascination meets innovation".

Priced at Rs 64,990

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-iqoo-9.png
Old 23rd February 2022, 15:42   #31303
BHPian

What PDF readers do you folks use to read PDFs on android devices?
I’ve tried ReadEra and it’s pretty decent but I want to know if there are any better ones out there. I just want to be able to read PDFs from my downloads folder.
Old 23rd February 2022, 21:06   #31304
BHPian

What's the deal with Oppo/Vivo/OnePlus/realme and now Iqoo? What's the idea in having so many brands but owned by the same company (BBK Electronics).

I can understand one premium brand and one 'normal' brand but in this case every company is playing in the same market isnt it? I just don't understand the concept...
Old 23rd February 2022, 21:32   #31305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
What's the idea in having so many brands but owned by the same company (BBK Electronics).
I guess this is a bit like how Maruti works. Multiple products in a segment to satisfy different specific needs. They do with with many models, whereas BBK further distinguishes with brand names. Also to give the feeling of choice to the customer (partly real, partly perceived). It is simple to reject one brand's offering in a segment, whereas presented with multiple choices which are perceptibly amply different, one is more likely to pick one. A strategy to capture a larger market share, with volumes to justify the approach.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks